Syphilis

Was recently tested for syphilis and it came back positive which was surprising as I had taken test like 3 months earlier and it came back negative. Anyway had a shot like 11 days ago and I still have like red spots on parts of my body. They have faded but r still there. Is this normal after 11 days or does it mean I still have it? any thoughts?

Don't stress, I had it last year and had a couple of spots on the palm of my hand. It took several months for them to finally disappear. Once you've had the shots you should be fine, but each time you have a test in the future, there will be a trace of syphilis in your tests, if you have the same doctor it'll be fine as they'll know but if not, you'll be asked about it and will need to explain you've been infected previously.

Now to more important matters... your name on here, just how big is your dick?  :)

With my first syphilis infection (yes, the first of three cause, to be clear, you can get infected  with syphilis  over and over) I've also had a rush with red spots all over my abdomen and loins; those started to fade away slowly leaving kind of a halo behind which eventually disappeared between two to three weeks after the antibiotic treatment.

I'd say it's still normal but, in any case, you'll have to go back and test your antibodies level three months after the first infection, then after six and twelve months; each time the level of antibodies should decrease by one fold, that's how you know the infection has been fully resolved.

If the level doesn't decrease it may be a sign of reinfection (likely) or latent syphilis in the central nervous system which is not reached by the normal antibiotic shots (very unlikely). 

What xxbjn2 said is also true, a quick test for syphilis will turn positive in future cause it will react to the sierological scar.

• Like 1

I tested positive for syphilis in June 2012 and got on treatment as soon as the test result came back. However, I probably contracted it 3 months earlier and ignored the one signed that I noticed. I noticed a pimple like blister on the head of my cock and thought it was from using a condom the previous day. My initial test was reactive at 1:64 and down to 1:4. Followed up by 1:2 on the next couple yearly blood work. Last month, it finally came back non reactive. Nothing to be worried about if your number goes down after treatment and it will be the equivalent to undetectable for HIV. Only, goes up with re-infection with another guy who has it untreated. 

The way I understand it, if the red spots are still there you could still pass it on to someone else, despite the fact that the meds are working.  My spots stuck around for almost the entire 10-14 days that the doctor told me to wait.  Also note that future testing will (according to my doctor) always come back positive, but they will do a secondary test to see how much of it is in your body to determine whether you've been reinfected or not. 

Guest BBBoyfromTN

From what I've been told if you have it multiple times the intensity of the spots and their length of time to fade lengthens. The last time I had it, it seemed to take forever for the spots to go away. Part of it was I knew they were there and I obsessed over them but others didn't notice (probably helps I'm fair complexioned and have freckles). They faded and were gone by about three months.

On 2/20/2018 at 9:17 AM, fsafe said:

Bacteria are killed 1 day after the shot. Red spots would fade away very slowly (like 1 and a half month in my case) but they are no longer contagious.

This is the right answer. Treponema Pallidum is extremely susceptible to penicillin, and it's gone in hours after the shot. Antibiotic resistance to it is rare. In a way it's one of the easiests STDs to treat if found early.  While the bacteria is gone, all the other chancres and lesions may take a while to clear, but you will be fine.

Edited by rawfuckr
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...