If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,743 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

8 minutes ago, Pozlover1 said:

Most US State laws put the age of consent at 16. In Kentucky it is 16 unless the older person is a “person of authority”. Nationwide it is 18 and taking an underage person across State lines may violate Federal law ( the “Mann Act”) even if they are above the AOC in both States. Some like Massachusetts have a complicated but fair graduated scale to keep a young couple from becoming outlaws after one birthday. 

In most Mexican States, and Mexico City it is 12, resulting in some single illegal aliens and legitimate teenaged couples running afoul of the laws in the USA. 

In Norway you can also be punished if having sex with someone under 16 in other countries, even if they are of legal age there. So if I was gonna have sex with a 15-year-old in Denmark, I wouldn't be punished in accordance to Danish law (as the legal age there is 15), but as a Norwegian citizen I can still be punished according to Norwegian law because this person was under 16. But who can control that? Even so, this is the text.

If I had sex with someone who's 17 in a country where the age limit is 18, I would of course be punished according to that nation's laws, but not according to the Norwegian law, because in Norway the legal age is 16. Which makes sense.

In Holland it is 16 as well. Which is a good age I think. It really depends on the person. One is ready for it, the other not yet. But if you are >18 and have sex with a 12-16 yo you will be prosecuted (sex between two persons both aged 12-16 is legal under certain conditions and with restrictions). 

1 hour ago, NLbear said:

In Holland it is 16 as well. Which is a good age I think. It really depends on the person. One is ready for it, the other not yet. But if you are >18 and have sex with a 12-16 yo you will be prosecuted (sex between two persons both aged 12-16 is legal under certain conditions and with restrictions). 

I think this is the right general approach, with a Romeo and Juliet law added.

bah, i'm not feeling concern about that... i answered 18 because of that. I was raped at 11... (and liked it) but i also know that for the majority of people, big age difference can be immoral... My husband is 20 years older than me... and people always says something about that... 

I also know that those kind of question is often asked by people who are attracted by younger guys... witch it's clearly not my case.

Concent between 2 teens, i have no problem with that... 

for me, under 30 years old... it's too young... (exceptions can be made if the guy is REALLY pervert and toxic)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/21/2018 at 12:58 AM, Guest whoremonger said:

I fully agree - the current system doesn't work very well.

As a Brit, I'm far more familiar with the UK situation. And as someone who's studied sexuality, I've been fascinated by the problem of the "age of consent" for some time.

Until the Middle Ages, we simply didn't have an 'age of consent' - it wasn't an issue that people gave much thought to. And children as young as 7 were seen as being sufficiently old enough to make the decision to have sex. The first piece of major legislation (passed in 1275) on this issue set the age of consent at 12. And that's how it stood for centuries. It was raised to 13 in 1875 (mainly as an attempt to control underage prostitution). Then, a decade later, it was raised to 16.

Of course, homosexuality was a criminal offence in Britain for a long time, and so the notion of the 'male homosexual age of consent' was nonsensical - until the passing of the Sexual Offences Act (1967), which decriminalised homosexuality and set the homosexual age of consent at 21. It was lowered to 18 in 1994, and lowered to 16 in 2000.

In the USA, the age of consent has changed over time (and been different in different states). For instance, until the late 19th century the age of consent ranged between 10 and 12 in most states (with the exception of Delaware, where it was 7). Today, the legal age of consent in the USA ranges from age 16 to age 18.

Put simply, at different times and in different places, the age of consent has been understood and reacted to differently. It's not something fixed - and doesn't reflect or express some 'innate' or 'essential' aspect or feature of what it means to be human. It's an entirely socially constructed cultural phenomenon.

My own view: (1) The issue of 'consent' is problematic, as it ought to involve a person being properly informed and aware of the consequences of their actions. From my own personal experience, I wasn't a rational, conscious being - able to make informed decisions - until my mid-to-late teens (and even then, only tentatively). (2) The human body isn't really evolved in such a way as to properly have - and enjoy - sex until puberty. As such, pre-pubescent sex is - in my view - wrong. And (3) Each person develops at a slightly different pace, rather than adhering to some politically decided 'norm'. One person may be sufficiently physically mature and able to give consent at 15, while another person many not arrive at that position until they're 18. So stipulating an "age" is far too arbitrary.

It's a complex issue, with no easy answers. But it's important that it's debated and discussed - as it affects everyone.

and the age of consent differered if the couple was getting married; I think that's where you have the 10 and 12 year olds come into play

if the girl was old enough to have her period, she was old enough to have babies-which of course if biologically wrong but it didn't really matter to the hill people

• 3 weeks later...

I remember being fucked by my older brother when I was 11, by 12, I so wanted to be fucked every night.  So, I truly believe 12 is perfectly fine, from my own experiences. Also, I remember how upset I would become when my older brother did NOT come in my room late at night to drag me to his room to pound my boycunt! I wanted it every night. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
Guest CuriousDallas

I say get rid of it entirely but stiffen the penalties for rape under 18. Most guys start experimenting when they’re underage and I started at 13. I was ready. Mind you, not every guy is, but I had a really hard time finding guys over 18 to have sex with. I still look very young for my age and still have guys worried I’m under 18 or turned on because they think I’m under 18. I also get a lot of guys under 18 hitting on me. They hate the stupid law every bit as I did and do. It needs to go

Age of consent is always and should always be on an individual level, being different for every man. I was ready for full mating and breeding when my balls just started producing seed when I was 12. In that regard id say age of consent should be around the same age as that we start to produce seed/grow into the men we are born to be/start producing a shitload of testosterone. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

For eons it was Puberty.

During the fall of Rome the nobility had sex with prepubescent children, but that was hated by average people. The Centurion’s lover that Jesus healed without condemnation was undoubtedly under 18, but old enough to help the Centurion with his armor. And the Centurion was probably only in his early 20’s himself.  

At Puberty you got married and started serious work although children helped at the farm or family business to learn. The Age of Consent in most Mexican states (and Mexico City) is still 12.

Children have traditionally been exploited without regard to their well being.  As slaves, as cheap labor in factories during the Industrial Revolution and chained to sewing machines  in Asia today. 

Hollywood had a fascination with children since the late 20’s (“The Kid”) and heavily into the 30’s. Both Shirley Temple and Our Gang were often portrayed in unrealistically sexual situations. I believe this was an attempt to normalize their sick perversions into society. 

Hitler knew his future was with the children, and made joining the Hitler Youth mandatory in 1938. He turned a generation into murderers. 

In the West, the Bilderberg Group invented “teenagers” after WWII. They said it was  to extend their education to beat those godless commies, but they were actually being indoctrinated to do anything the TV  told them to, including buying garbage and being soldiers, until the 60’s when the Hippies finally told them “NO”. 

Making Puberty the Age Of Consent  is actually the BEST protection from  being manipulated by adults for their own purposes. 

• Like 1