If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,743 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

On 8/11/2021 at 11:24 AM, Gymgear said:

Where I am it's 16. Hot take, but I think it should be raised to 18. Did I have urges as a teenager? Yes - most do, but I was still in mandatory education, dependent on parents, etc. I was still a half-developed kid, not old enough to drive, have a bank account, hold down a job, etc. I also wasn't old enough to be responsible for myself or consider risks of serious long-term stuff like HIV, and I wouldn't have been old enough to be a parent if straigjy (most sexually active people are at risk of this one).

yes, completely agree, but think it obscene that at 16 you can join the military, not be old enough to vote, ie, make some of lifes decisions but not others

In my country the regulations are the following in the Criminal Code. Under 12 it is a crime (with very serious penalty) independently of the possible consent. The legislator assumes (ai think right) that under 12 none has discretion to make an individual decision. Between 12-14 it is also crime, if the other is older than 18. The age of consent independently of the form of the sexual act is 14. It means that above 14 people can decide if they want to have sex with another person even it’s older than 18. It’s suits to the civil Code’s regulations, which states that the disposing capacity is restricted between 14-18. However, a 14 years old person has the right to decide in given cases individually. 
I think that 14 is too early on the one hand, on the other, according to several research the meaningful part of the young people started their sexual activity around 13. 
Nevertheless, 13,14,18 or the others only numbers  which were chosen by the legislator. The physical and psychological development are different in each person. In the case of given person, 14 can be the proper age, in the case of others 18 also can be too early. 

12 hours ago, bareback-flipflop said:

In my country the regulations are the following in the Criminal Code. Under 12 it is a crime (with very serious penalty) independently of the possible consent. The legislator assumes (ai think right) that under 12 none has discretion to make an individual decision. Between 12-14 it is also crime, if the other is older than 18. The age of consent independently of the form of the sexual act is 14. It means that above 14 people can decide if they want to have sex with another person even it’s older than 18. It’s suits to the civil Code’s regulations, which states that the disposing capacity is restricted between 14-18. However, a 14 years old person has the right to decide in given cases individually. 
I think that 14 is too early on the one hand, on the other, according to several research the meaningful part of the young people started their sexual activity around 13. 
Nevertheless, 13,14,18 or the others only numbers  which were chosen by the legislator. The physical and psychological development are different in each person. In the case of given person, 14 can be the proper age, in the case of others 18 also can be too early. 

yes, i agree, it is difficult to set anarbitrary age, after all, I have known men in thier 20's who really shouldnt be allowed to make some of lifes decisions, 

On 8/13/2021 at 2:02 AM, swall0w said:

yes, completely agree, but think it obscene that at 16 you can join the military, not be old enough to vote, ie, make some of lifes decisions but not others

Agreed. You can be old enough to have kids before you're old enough to get married here (and technically you can risk pregnancy and STDs as young as 13 so long as your partner/s isn't/aren't over 16-18 depending on how young you are). Not that one is a prerequisite for the other but something about the order in which permissions are granted just doesn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BottomKyle

For gay bottoms, at least, the age of consent should be dropped to 13. I think having a dynamic, tiered system based on sexual need is the best way to go . . . and since bottoms tend to start seeking sex earlier than others (mainly because of their natural attraction to older men and early onset daddy issues) then they should be allowed to do just that.

Older tops could help guide and mentor youth bottoms through their natural sexual desires without any legalities or hang ups. It would also be a great time to teach them thoroughly about what it means to be a good boy and how to pleasure/service men correctly. Perhaps even a class on the subject of bottoming in middle or high school in lieu of traditional straight sex ed would even benefit them further. Yes, this class should absolutely normalize unprotected sex and promote barebacking and breeding as an expected part of being a gay bottom of any age.

13 hours ago, BottomKyle said:

For gay bottoms, at least, the age of consent should be dropped to 13. I think having a dynamic, tiered system based on sexual need is the best way to go . . . and since bottoms tend to start seeking sex earlier than others (mainly because of their natural attraction to older men and early onset daddy issues) then they should be allowed to do just that.

Older tops could help guide and mentor youth bottoms through their natural sexual desires without any legalities or hang ups. It would also be a great time to teach them thoroughly about what it means to be a good boy and how to pleasure/service men correctly. Perhaps even a class on the subject of bottoming in middle or high school in lieu of traditional straight sex ed would even benefit them further. Yes, this class should absolutely normalize unprotected sex and promote barebacking and breeding as an expected part of being a gay bottom of any age.

I totally agree. When I was a young bottom I had trouble understanding why I craved getting bred. Normalization would have helped me to be more comfortable in my own skin.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 2
  • Downvote 1

On 8/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, BottomKyle said:

Yes, this class should absolutely normalize unprotected sex and promote barebacking and breeding as an expected part of being a gay bottom of any age.

This is a ridiculous thing to tell a 13-year-old. Go out and change your life, kids!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, raw773 said:

This is a ridiculous thing to tell a 13-year-old. Go out and change your life, kids!

But it's OK to tell young kids that they don't know what their true gender is by looking between their legs? That's a much more drastic psychology to instill in a kid than to tell him that unprotected sex is natural.

• Upvote 1

Guest BottomKyle
19 minutes ago, raw773 said:

Tell? They don’t have to be told, they already know. It’s not about “telling” them anything, it’s about accepting them for what they are. I  knew overwhelmingly around the same age what I would be as a sexual partner, just as a straight girl would. We don’t have to influence or hypnotize anyone, it’s just nature. Gay bottoms, around the time they hit puberty, know exactly what their place is in sex.

18, 16, or when you're issued your ID. When they tell you you're old enough to be lawfully responsible for what you do, you should also have the right to vote, have sex or get yourself killed or psychologically or physically maimed in the army, if you are so inclined. 

5 hours ago, BottomKyle said:

Gay bottoms, around the time they hit puberty, know exactly what their place is in sex.

I m ean so we're gonna say that at age 13, boys know they're gay and bottoms and that's that. Might as well get on with getting fucked and taking those loads.

This will come as amusing news to the dozens of bottoms I've turned into good tops.

It’s nature. I started sucking cock at 10 but didn’t think I was ready to be bred. When I was around 13 I started to crave a man to be inside me. It came natural. I was lucky there was a man to help awaken my understanding of my sexual role. By 16 I was a cock hound. I had to be bred daily. Lol. Normalizing it is the key I think.

• Like 1
  • Piggy 3

Older men should not be grooming young teenagers into being bottoms. Just because someone likes getting fucked, doesn't mean they aren't vers in any way, and having older men groom children who are exploring their body will be straight up abuse in most cases.

You're lucky that you have straight forward needs, and you had someone to meet those needs for you, and I'm glad it worked out for you. Most kids aren't going to know if they're a bottom when they're barely a teenager, and I highly doubt most teenagers will be responsible enough to handle STI's appropriately.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1