How viral is a VLC of 400K?

sse4me

Really kind of a silly question, but please, I'm not being mean with this. A guy with that high of VL is considered really toxic, but then it depends on your immune system and it's ability to fight the virus and also depends if he does manage to tear you up a bit and open your system up to lesions and allowing the virus to directly gain entry to you blood system, of course with three loads and breedings you have increase your chances by three fold also, so I'd say  it would be a sure fire thing that you would take and probably begin conversion in the 3 to 6 weeks incubation time.

Is this what you really desire??

Edited by Homo60

Hi,

Thanks for reply I know it's kind of a silly question and that the individual circumstances of the receiving partner are of great importance. I just didn't recall the VLC at which someone changes from being merely toxic to extremely toxic. Most of the websites that discuss risk focus on odds based on number of loads, not on how viral the loads are. I knew that having a VLC of a million or so is sky high, but wasn't certain at what point, without being undetectable, relative safety for the bottom began.

I'm ambivalent about converting. It's more that I'm looking for the thrill of taking a poz load and not converting. I think his loads are to be avoided for the moment. Thanks for replying.

I can't remember the exact figures that are quoted on the border line of undetectable and toxic, but with a 400VL, I'm sure he is considered very toxic and yes, if your not wanting to convert, stay away from him for sure, because the chances are very high with that. I comes to mind that below 100 and around 50 or below is considered undetectable, but don't quote me there as I don't remember where it came from.

Your best bet is to get on the PreP if possible, a bit pricey, but has been proved to be worth it if you can swing it.

Guest descartes70817

Not sure if comparisons matter but I was diagnosed with full blown AIDS when my viral load only reached around 100K while my CD4 cell count got below 40. My buddy hit 750K but his CD4 cell count got into single digits. I'd say 400K is pretty toxic.

Edited by descartes70817

Guest FriendlyBottom
6 hours ago, sse4me said:

I just didn't recall the VLC at which someone changes from being merely toxic to extremely toxic.

Just FYI, there are no medically-based terms of "merely toxic" or "extremely toxic" with respect to HIV VL, so there are NO ategories defined as "between X and Y" is "toxic" and "greater than Y" is "extremely toxic".  Within certain online groups there may be some "sub-culture vernacular" where certain numbers are bandied about as defining such and such, but that's just meaningless chatter.

In the US, an individual with established HIV infection and a detectable VL would be offered ARV treatment for his/her own sake as well as to reduce the risk of transmission to sexual partners.  An individual with a VL of 400k is likely capable of transmitting HIV via sex (because he's likely shedding HIV particles in his semen).  NOBODY can tell you the specific odds of infection from a single of act (or multiple acts) of buttfucking and breeding with this guy as top and you as bottom because those data simply don't exist.  He is likely capable of transmitting HIV at this time.

Edited by FriendlyBottom

it still all depends on your immune system and if he tears you up. Some people can take high VRL and never get infected, I"m sure I'm one of those, but numbers are only numbers, there's lots more to the equation than just getting fucked and getting pozzed in one, two or three times.