Have you been pozzed by topping?

• 1 month later...

I was perusing some stats yesterday on HIV transmission and one of the most interesting ones I found was about heterosexual transmission from female to male. I always wondered how in Africa the transmission rate has remained so high even with regular condom use. One alarming stat I found was that when uncut men had sex with a woman who had an current sti infection or sore from any number of common STI's, the female to male infection rate was as high as 43% per single sex act.

To put that in perspective, receptive anal sex with a positive partner is usually considered to be about a 3% risk, however that figure is most likely deduced from people without other STI's.

The main point here is that Yes, it is possible to be pozed while topping, but some basic risk reduction can help a lot, Use plenty of lube, dont have any cuts or abrasions, wash up, and pee after sex, and make sure both participants have no other STI's.

• 4 years later...

I love topping an ass. Never even sucked cock, just interested in using ass to unload. If the chemistry is really good, would love to use the bottoms ass frequently (6-10 times a week). If the bottom doesnt know his HIV status and happens to be Poz, is there too much a risk for me?  I know incidence is lower for us, especially since i am CUT but i still think about that. If i wanted to chase while being a top, i would at least want my conversion to be special not a random hookup

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, BreedingTop71 said:

I love topping an ass. Never even sucked cock, just interested in using ass to unload. If the chemistry is really good, would love to use the bottoms ass frequently (6-10 times a week). If the bottom doesnt know his HIV status and happens to be Poz, is there too much a risk for me?  I know incidence is lower for us, especially since i am CUT but i still think about that. If i wanted to chase while being a top, i would at least want my conversion to be special not a random hookup

It's not NO RISK... But it's pretty LOW Risk.  I wouldn't agree that the pee slit acts like a shovel at all.

• Like 1

Guest descartes70817

It's a lower risk but as a total top who got pozzed don't let anyone tell you it's safe for the top no matter who you fuck. Then again I am uncut so my risk was always higher than for a cut top.

Edited by descartes70817

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Leatherman667 said:

How does that happen for uncut guys?

It's a lengthy explanation- something about bacteria under foreskin. I cut this from article:

While the men showed similar communities of microbes before the circumcision operation, 12 months later, the circumcised men harbored dramatically fewer bacteria that survive in low oxygen conditions. They also had 81% less bacteria overall compared to the uncircumcised men, and that could have a dramatic effect on the men’s ability to fight off infections like HIV, says Price. Previous studies showed that circumcised men lowered their risk of transmitting HIV by as much as 50%, making the operation an important tool in preventing infection with the virus. Why? A high burden of bacteria could disrupt the ability of specialized immune cells known as Langerhans cells to activate immune defenses. Normally, Langerhans are responsible for grabbing invading microbes like bacteria or viruses and presenting them to immune cells for training, to prime the body to recognize and react against the pathogens. But when the bacterial load increases, as it does in the uncircumcised penile environment, inflammatory reactions increase and these cells actually start to infect healthy cells with the offending microbe rather than merely present them.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, CigarBear68 said:

It's a lengthy explanation- something about bacteria under foreskin. I cut this from article:

While the men showed similar communities of microbes before the circumcision operation, 12 months later, the circumcised men harbored dramatically fewer bacteria that survive in low oxygen conditions. They also had 81% less bacteria overall compared to the uncircumcised men, and that could have a dramatic effect on the men’s ability to fight off infections like HIV, says Price. Previous studies showed that circumcised men lowered their risk of transmitting HIV by as much as 50%, making the operation an important tool in preventing infection with the virus. Why? A high burden of bacteria could disrupt the ability of specialized immune cells known as Langerhans cells to activate immune defenses. Normally, Langerhans are responsible for grabbing invading microbes like bacteria or viruses and presenting them to immune cells for training, to prime the body to recognize and react against the pathogens. But when the bacterial load increases, as it does in the uncircumcised penile environment, inflammatory reactions increase and these cells actually start to infect healthy cells with the offending microbe rather than merely present them.

Thanks for this. Sorry out of ‘likes’ today. 

• Upvote 1

The CDC puts the risk at 1 in 161 (I don't know, but I'd assume they mean uncut tops) for a single topping exposure. 

And I'd say the 1 in 161 is a deliberately very conservative estimate. So in reality it's probably a lot more risky than that. 

If you are someone like me, who is uncut and has exclusively topped countless anon bottoms in bathhouses without using condoms - then you should be very afraid. I know I am. I don't feel emotionally or mentally ready to face a poz result right now ....and I can just imagine the virus in my bloodstream now, eating up my immune system.

I've asked the question several times on the Breeding zone forums and, the general consensus is.... that even despite being uncut and exclusively top, and having fucked so, so many guys over a period of about 5 years....I'm still probaby neg.

But I refuse to believe that. I just feel that I have the virus. It's just an instinctive, gut feeling that I have. For a short while during the times I was barebacking anon ass in the saunas (what we call bathhouses here in the UK) I had an acne spot on my foreskin that I imagine the virus would have been able to get through during sex with a poz guy. I managed to bear the pain with gritted teeth and popped the acne spot on my foreskin a couple years back, but alas it was probably too late. And even if I wasn't infected that way, I probably became infected since....

You don't bareback the number of guys I've barebacked and remain neg. Unless you are an exception and unique case - there seem to be a small handful on here.

I've fucked that many guys raw I have no doubt that I am a poz top.

You could be too. But your risk is much, much less lower than mine because you are uncut.

Edited by concerned1