Have you been pozzed by topping?

On 5/1/2018 at 9:37 AM, wood said:

Ummm just go get tested and know? It’s not hard, and either way you get piece of mind because you know what to do then.  It obviously bothers you, and ignoring it only makes things worse.

This is what I never understand. Is the interaction at the testing facility or location so shameful or toxic that no one wants to go find out? Is it a cost or expense issue?

Please please please for anyone reading this, if you actively bareback you should actively get tested (and regularly). Know your status, make informed decisions.

5 hours ago, FunCheerSlut said:

This is what I never understand. Is the interaction at the testing facility or location so shameful or toxic that no one wants to go find out? Is it a cost or expense issue?

Please please please for anyone reading this, if you actively bareback you should actively get tested (and regularly). Know your status, make informed decisions.

Not saying it's in any way smart or wise, but I can easily understand why people avoid finding out. It's the same reasons some people don't like to go to the doctor, period; the reasons so many don't want to go to the dentist.

First is fear: as long as you don't KNOW something is wrong, you can pretend, in your head, that nothing IS wrong. Finding out may alleviate your fears, but only temporarily.

Second is cost: for a long time, PrEP wasn't covered by most insurance and lots more people were uninsured anyway. For some people weighing "You might have a disease, but you don't know for sure" vs. "You have a disease and you're going to be spending $2,500 a month for the rest of your life to stay alive", the former is a more comfortable position to be in. 

My story Is long a itvplays like a ga.e or Russian Roulette. If q ythu g, I should have been pozzed way before my 18th birthday. I know how I think I was Pozzed, but increasingly unlikely.

I'm uncut tad while I have sucked cock practically all my life, I've been exclusively a Top since I was 20  (Not by choice)

I went through years of false positives only to be proven Neg with more detailed tests until the day I decided that DADT was right for me and that I didn't care.

part of me didn't want to know. 

But If I did get it from topping and not in the hospital as is my belief, I'd like to think that it was the time I hooked up with a College  Prof. and his Dealer

We Dbl Fucked him for hours. I know he bled. After a shower, I saw a note on the mirror said "Welcome to the brotherhood" I found his empty AZT bottle. The prof grinned and told me" you gotta assume Everyone's charged. 

I stopped testing after that. It's been 6 years since its been official

20 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Not saying it's in any way smart or wise, but I can easily understand why people avoid finding out. It's the same reasons some people don't like to go to the doctor, period; the reasons so many don't want to go to the dentist.

First is fear: as long as you don't KNOW something is wrong, you can pretend, in your head, that nothing IS wrong. Finding out may alleviate your fears, but only temporarily.

Second is cost: for a long time, PrEP wasn't covered by most insurance and lots more people were uninsured anyway. For some people weighing "You might have a disease, but you don't know for sure" vs. "You have a disease and you're going to be spending $2,500 a month for the rest of your life to stay alive", the former is a more comfortable position to be in. 

You're right! A good portion of what you just said was my mindset for years. I went to one clinic for something unrelated and had a nurse out right tell me when I refused a hiv test  " you already know its true, just get it over with" 

but yeah  I know I went through what you described