CRAIGSLIST SHUTS DOWN PERSONAL ADS

freshxtop5

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: There were 3 separate threads on this topic. I moved them all here and merged them. That may make things a little hard to read towards the beginning of the thread, but it will make it easier going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, evilqueerpig said:

This is what happens under Trump/Pence

From what I've been reading, this has been in the works since 2014. https://www.wired.com/story/how-a-controversial-new-sex-trafficking-law-will-change-the-web/  https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/politics/sex-trafficking-bill/index.html

• Upvote 1

Guest Memphian

I've had much better luck with CL than any of the dedicated sites or apps like Grindr and Squirt.  As someone else said, most of the guys I encounter on Grindr are guys who are totally out and don't understand the need for discretion some of us still have.  On CL I could easily meet other guys in hetero marriages (when I was married) who would be more understanding if it was hard for you to meet up at the drop of a hat.  

I've had pretty good luck on CL here in my hometown, and even better luck when traveling on business because the kind of guys I tend to hook up with really appreciate someone who can host in a hotel.  I've heard guys who live in less populated have a lot less luck, which makes sense.  

Edited by Memphian

I hope shutting down backpage & CL ppp ads helps sex venues be more profitable. Chicago lost Manscountry and Bijou Theater. I had lots of good times at both those places, but like last ten years, there were few people at MC or Bijou. I remember in the late 90's Steamworks :drool:on Holiday weekends would have a line for admittance down the block, and every weekend was well attended. Mostly we played safe then :angry:. St Louis MO, where I live now, doesn't have a crowd any gay advertised place. Gay anything doesn't stay in business long. February 2018 I went to STL bathouse, open since the '70's, Sunday afternoon, I was one of few patrons. I got terrible bites on my ass. Bedbugs:eek:? I had no fun and gotta pain in my ass that lasted a week. CL had too many dates stand me up to be effective at getting laid. I met a twenty something dude from CL summer 2016, that told me he had almost 30? standups over a 3 day weekend. (He did live in sketchville) I gave up on CL after that.

5 hours ago, dickluva said:

I hope shutting down backpage & CL ppp ads helps sex venues be more profitable. Chicago lost Manscountry and Bijou Theater..... I gave up on CL after that.

I was thinking the same exact thought after I found out about CL. 

On 3/24/2018 at 2:35 AM, badubydo said:

Purpose of the bill is to stop sex trafficking. Craigslist shut down it's personals due to potential misuse. It's the fuck over the many because of a few. I can't say I would blame Trump/pence for this. This bill would have happened regardless of who was in office. There are other sites to get laid on. I'm disappointed but such is life. 

Yeah, and honestly what it will stop? Nothing. If they want, they will find another way to traffic their sex... I mean, lots work by word of mouth or street... what's next, a bill that holds manufactures of streets responsible for someone pimping out someone on a corner?? Sue hotel chains for not knowing what type of sex is going behind close doors? These people don't wear signs on their forehead to reveal what they are... this shit is so fucking dumb.

I ended up downloading Grindr again... yay me... a sea of talentless douchebag "no fats" twins all around me. I've tried Growlr and no luck at all, far less people on that around here.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RWHID said:

Yeah, and honestly what it will stop? Nothing. If they want, they will find another way to traffic their sex... I mean, lots work by word of mouth or street... what's next, a bill that holds manufactures of streets responsible for someone pimping out someone on a corner?? Sue hotel chains for not knowing what type of sex is going behind close doors? These people don't wear signs on their forehead to reveal what they are... this shit is so fucking dumb.

I ended up downloading Grindr again... yay me... a sea of talentless douchebag "no fats" twins all around me. I've tried Growlr and no luck at all, far less people on that around here.

I think you hit the crux of the matter, it does not address the dark web, nor does it even seek to curtail it's use in sex trafficking.