YOU CAN NOW DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

rawTOP

• Administrators
On 10/15/2019 at 4:42 PM, fuckmyazz said:

Please delete my account.  I'm no longer interested in this site. Thanks 

This thread is locked again because of responses like ^^^^ this ^^^^ – people who are too lazy to read the thread which states over and over that posting here accomplishes nothing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

FYI… Any pending account deletion requests have been lost. Sorry about that. Deletions are done via a 3rd party plug-in to the core software. An update was needed, so I did the update. Then the plug-in stopped working. When I tried to uninstall and reinstall the plug-in it took down the entire server (a rogue process went into an infinite loop). My host managed to stop the rogue process, but then the theme for the site had gotten corrupted, somehow. So I reinstalled that, and then deleted the account deletion plug-in and reinstalled it. Everything seems to be working again, but in all of that the data on pending account deletion requests was lost.

So if you want your account deleted you'll need to go into settings and request it again.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

FYI, I just did another batch of deletions. Took about an hour and a half to do ~300 deletions. The process had improved slightly. I was expecting it to take me longer.

• 7 months later...
  • Administrators

I've just noticed that the ability to request account deletion (and probably cancel it) broke with the latest software update. I've got a ticket in with the software vendor trying to figure out how to get it to work.

• Administrators
On 9/18/2020 at 1:29 PM, rawTOP said:

I've just noticed that the ability to request account deletion (and probably cancel it) broke with the latest software update. I've got a ticket in with the software vendor trying to figure out how to get it to work.

Delete My Account is once again showing up in Settings… So anyone who wants their account deleted can request it once again.

• 9 months later...
Guest hungandmean

Submitted the request a while ago.

Wondering if/when it'll go through? 

Spelled out my reasons why in my request / tired of being suspended for speaking my mind.

Please close off this account, thanks. I'll miss those of you on here who were cool.

• 6 months later...
  • Moderators

In the upper left corner of each page, you should see your name with a drop down arrow. Click there and choose Account Settings. The option at the very bottom will let you request your account be deleted. 

2 hours ago, drscorpio said:

In the upper left corner of each page, you should see your name with a drop down arrow. Click there and choose Account Settings. The option at the very bottom will let you request your account be deleted. 

I don't have this option on my settings...

I have only:

• Display Name, Email Address, Password, Profile Status
  • Twitter
  • Other Settings: Notification Settings, Edit Profile, Ignored Users

On 2/4/2022 at 9:43 AM, Mojojo said:

I don't have this option on my settings...

I have only:

• Display Name, Email Address, Password, Profile Status
  • Twitter
  • Other Settings: Notification Settings, Edit Profile, Ignored Users

You're looking in the CENTER of that page.

Look in the column to the left.

• Like 1