YOU CAN NOW DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

rawTOP

I requested my account and profile to be deleted three days ago. Is there a cooling off period or something like that? Or is it done in batch once a week? Could you perhaps indicate how long would the request take to be processed?  Thank you to the mods for putting in time to keep up with all requests. 

• drscorpio locked this topic
  • rawTOP unlocked this topic
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is sooo bullshit here 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

I requested to delete my account several times since months now and nothing happens. But they sold my e-mail address so I get nasty phishing e-mails... 

Worst admin ever 🖕🏻

• Moderators
18 hours ago, BBonlyCGN said:

This is sooo bullshit here 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

I requested to delete my account several times since months now and nothing happens. But they sold my e-mail address so I get nasty phishing e-mails... 

Worst admin ever 🖕🏻

Moderator's Note: We have 3 months to respond to your request. You joined the forums on September 22 which is less than 3 months ago. I get that you are frustrated, but that is no reason to spam the forums with multiple copies of this message. Also, we do not sell email addresses; there are tons of ways those services could have obtained your email. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Pussyboy82

I've requested deletion but been told I must request via logging in but  I've been banned from logging in far over the time limit ban imposed. It appears the administrators of this site enjoy being awkward and want us to report them for following GDPR guidelines or perhaps they want the site closed down? A reply would be perfect so I can log in and request the deletion. It's that simple. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, boTtomboi200 said:

Is there a way I can get my phone number taken off the site please and thank you 

Report the post(s) that contains your phone number and a moderator will remove it. The report function is a menu option from the "..." menu button in the upper right corner of the post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 12/13/2022 at 3:52 PM, Guest said:

We have never sold the mailing list for this site. The closest we came was many years ago we gave it to a trusted sponsor who sent out promotional emails on our behalf. They assured us the list was deleted after they sent out the emails. But we don't even do that kind of thing any more.

On 1/4/2023 at 12:03 PM, Guest Pussyboy82 said:

I've requested deletion but been told I must request via logging in but  I've been banned from logging in far over the time limit ban imposed. It appears the administrators of this site enjoy being awkward and want us to report them for following GDPR guidelines or perhaps they want the site closed down? A reply would be perfect so I can log in and request the deletion. It's that simple. 

I responded to this user MANY times. He just didn't like the response. When his repeated emails turned harassing in nature I stopped responding.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

The one gotcha about how the software for this site works is that if you're permanently banned you can't login to request account deletion. (The software is what it is - I don't develop it - I just do what I can with it.) The other day I thought up a 1/2 way decent compromise… I'll make it impossible to view profile pages for users who've been banned for long periods of time. (For those who are techies - I'll return a 410 response code for those URLs.) The page technically will still exist, it just won't be viewable.

I've written some code to do the blocks. I'll test it tomorrow. (It's part of a process that runs daily and I've already run the process today).

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Guest Queenzlander59 said:

Hi uou have deleted my account!! I did NOT ask for this to be done. Please reinstate it. Ta. 

If I could reinstate it, then it wouldn't really be deleted, would it? When people ask for their accounts to be deleted they expect it to be in a manner where it's actually deleted. The laws on this topic also expect that.

And to be clear - the only time I delete accounts is when someone goes into Settings and requests account deletion. Which means either someone had access to your account and requested it without your knowledge. Or you were high/drunk when you requested it and forgot you had requested it. Accounts aren't deleted until at least 60 days after the request - so there's plenty of time in there where you could have forgotten if you were impared at the time you did the request. I can't help any of those scenarios. It's up to you to 1) secure your account, and 2) take responsibility for what you do - even if you're drunk or high when you do it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1