A man who deliberately infected others with HIV just got a life sentence

• 2 weeks later...

IMO this is why steathing is just plain dumb, leave it to fantasy.  All it takes is one person to get infected who is pissed to go on a vengeance mission.  There are plenty of places to fuck people who don’t care about hiv or the risk. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wood said:

IMO this is why steathing is just plain dumb, leave it to fantasy.  All it takes is one person to get infected who is pissed to go on a vengeance mission.  There are plenty of places to fuck people who don’t care about hiv or the risk. 

He deserved it. It was deliberately malicious and mean spirited to the guys who he slept with. I am glad he got the sentence he got. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, hornycumslut91 said:

He deserved it. It was deliberately malicious and mean spirited to the guys who he slept with. I am glad he got the sentence he got. 

I dont agree with all HIV criminalization, but this guy was out there specifically to injure people and take away their autonomy.

You want to poz someone? Go to a bathhouse and fuck an anon bttm, go on bbrt, or find a bug chaser.  I dont agree with those either, just cause treatment and prep is much easier, and everyone is better off in the long run, but at least then people have some idea of consent.    

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, wood said:

I dont agree with all HIV criminalization, but this guy was out there specifically to injure people and take away their autonomy.

You want to poz someone? Go to a bathhouse and fuck an anon bttm, go on bbrt, or find a bug chaser.  I dont agree with those either, just cause treatment and prep is much easier, and everyone is better off in the long run, but at least then people have some idea of consent.    

In principle, HIV criminalisation is problematic, since it prevents people from attaining treatment and makes people go underground. Honestly, my position on infection people with HIV is jaded, especially since I was stealthed myself, that's why I am of the opinion stealthing should be a crime. That said, while I don't agree with bug chasing, at least it's consensual, compared to the sick fuck in the UK who was taunting guys he infected. You might say to someone who was stealthed having HIV isn't the end of the world, but it's the end of the world they knew. That means relationships they've had in the past are either on the verge of ending or are over, if the partner does not want to work things out. It means juggling who should know you're poz and who doesn't. It also means navigating new relationships, having to disclose your status if you live in a state like Florida, or hiding it if you're afraid of the stigma. It also means hooking up is a lot harder. I'm not of the same opinion of those who are bug chasers, or those guys who chose to not take their meds if they're poz, but having HIV is not the most glamorous of fates for anyone. And to be honest I can forgive accidental exposure, or if the guy didn't know he had it while infecting others, but that sick shit bragged about it in his texts. It may not look like it to you, but he ruined those guys lives, and I for one think that California, while the reform is well-intentioned, needs to have safeguards for sick fucks like the one in the UK. 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, hornycumslut91 said:

In principle, HIV criminalisation is problematic, since it prevents people from attaining treatment and makes people go underground. Honestly, my position on infection people with HIV is jaded, especially since I was stealthed myself, that's why I am of the opinion stealthing should be a crime. That said, while I don't agree with bug chasing, at least it's consensual, compared to the sick fuck in the UK who was taunting guys he infected. You might say to someone who was stealthed having HIV isn't the end of the world, but it's the end of the world they knew. That means relationships they've had in the past are either on the verge of ending or are over, if the partner does not want to work things out. It means juggling who should know you're poz and who doesn't. It also means navigating new relationships, having to disclose your status if you live in a state like Florida, or hiding it if you're afraid of the stigma. It also means hooking up is a lot harder. I'm not of the same opinion of those who are bug chasers, or those guys who chose to not take their meds if they're poz, but having HIV is not the most glamorous of fates for anyone. And to be honest I can forgive accidental exposure, or if the guy didn't know he had it while infecting others, but that sick shit bragged about it in his texts. It may not look like it to you, but he ruined those guys lives, and I for one think that California, while the reform is well-intentioned, needs to have safeguards for sick fucks like the one in the UK. 

You hit the nail on the head.  Most of my opinions on here because of my public health background are not popular, even if my persona life is way different, but here goes. 

For example, a HIV+ bttm who is undetectable doesn't disclose his status? WHO CARES!? The chance of infection is incredibly remote, thus there is no point in charging anyone.  Hell in my very personal opinion if there was an option to disregard law, I would say as long as an undetectable person is med compliant, they shouldnt have to tell their status, but thats only my personal opinion.   

But when someone is on a mission to hurt someone by omission, or by thinking, "well they should know?" sorry you are at fault, and I dont have a problem with penalizing that.  Additionally Willful blindness, (at least in the US) is still able to be prosecutable as a crime (United States v. Jewell).  Meaning you cant be fucking raw for years, having and pretend you have never seen something abut HIV if you also frequent gay oriented establishments.  

However, I think in retrospect, my opinion is simple and comes from my public health background.  HIV can easily be a non issue, and possibly eradicated based on current treatment and prevention measures, but it wont be, and the two main driving reasons for that is lack of treatment for HIV+ people, and lack of testing.  Treatment alone is almost enough to eradicate HIV, even without Prep.  But people must know their status. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dumpingground said:

Shit he’s fucking hot too!  What ever prison he goes to will gave a spike in hiv rates I bet!!!!

doubtful.  Its the UK, he will be placed on treatment immediately, and will be watched to make sure he takes his meds.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/2/2018 at 3:24 PM, wood said:

doubtful.  Its the UK, he will be placed on treatment immediately, and will be watched to make sure he takes his meds.  

Prisoners can become really good at faking that they took their meds for the guards though.