Problems w/ Galleries

rawTOP

• Administrators

Long story, but I've been taking a closer look at things and realized some of you were using this site as a tube site and uploading videos. That increased my bandwidth and bandwidth costs (since files like that are served via a somewhat expensive CDN). I deleted all images/videos that were bigger than 250Kb, but that messed up something and now the Galleries section isn't working properly. There are a number of things that have to happen before it gets fixed, so it may be a week or more before everything works properly again.

But going forward – don't upload any videos or images >250Kb. The software should stop you from doing this, but it's not working properly (another thing that needs to get fixed).

• Like 1

Well, I guess that answered my question about where did my images and videos go. Sadly, I didn't keep the originals on my computer. Can we get a larger size allocation that 250KB? Almost nothing is that small anymore, even normal images are running 3 MB.

Edited by GeorgiaBoy
correct typo
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
On 4/27/2018 at 4:02 PM, GeorgiaBoy said:

Well, I guess that answered my question about where did my images and videos go. Sadly, I didn't keep the originals on my computer. Can we get a larger size allocation that 250KB? Almost nothing is that small anymore, even normal images are running 3 MB.

I think the main problem was videos. The software is supposed to block video uploads, but that constraint isn't working properly. The software running the site does resize the photos and there's a max size and the resized photos will probably be under 250K. So photos are probably safe. Though it's possible the size I was looking at when I did my deletions was original upload size, not the size after the photos were resized.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrators
On 3/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, parrot10 said:

Tried to create a new gallery but unable too. Can you tell me what i'm doing wrong?

When I added a drive on the server I forgot that this site had it's files stored in what I moved from an old drive to the new drive. So it was trying to upload to the wrong place and failing. It should be fixed now. Sorry about that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • rawTOP unpinned this topic
  • 10 months later...

Ok so I’m trying to upload photos and the first one uploaded was upside down and no way to reformat it. So I took the same photo into photo shop and configured it upside down and reloaded it back into your system but instead of it being the right side up it kept it upside down so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong?!?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 9/28/2020 at 10:31 AM, Brando-Sparks said:

Ok so I’m trying to upload photos and the first one uploaded was upside down and no way to reformat it. So I took the same photo into photo shop and configured it upside down and reloaded it back into your system but instead of it being the right side up it kept it upside down so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong?!?

Take the upside down photo, and rotate it 180º back to right side up and it should be fine.

Long story short there was orientation data in your original image that tells the viewing software to rotate it 180º. That was stripped out when you rotated it in Photoshop. Now it's just upside down. So take the upside down image and rotate it 180º again and it should be fine.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.