What is your favorite bath house?

BC_Bottom

Good to read these experience. I go to the US for a week in January for work and then have about 5 days free - hopefully to really take a lot of loads - love to take anon loads in darkrooms etc. I remeber once talking to a guy who said somewhere in Chicago was best for taking loads and I guess from reading this it must be Steamworks or Man's World. I can go anywher for my trip and it seems Chicago might be the right city? Thanks for any tips.

• 2 weeks later...

The clubs Cleveland is my favorite bathhouse. Never crowded when I have been there, though I have never been on a weekend. Always leave with at least 2 loads inside me. Once, this guy rimmed me so good that I actually came without touching my dick. That had never happened before and has never happened since (that was in the summer of 2009)

Let's see: 1. Steamworks Chicago, 2. Clubhouse 2 Fort Lauderdale, 3. Mans Country Chicago, 4. East Side Club NYC, 5. Club Body Center, Philly.

Chicago is also home to The Bijou, the oldest Gay Sex Establishment in biz since 1969 - even with Steven Toushin being in Jail and prosecuted for everything the US Government or Locals could get on him, he never gave it - and it's the best for an ABS.

• 2 weeks later...

I like all baths.

I've been to Steamworks & Mans Country in Chicago

East Side Club & West Side Club in NYC I also went to Manhole and Attic after their heyday, but still great action in later 80's/early 90's. ElMirage was also great too.

I've also had some great action at Midtown and Coral Sands Motel in LA and can't wait to get back to Steamworks in Berkeley and Mack in SF.

Club Body Center and MegaPlexx in Providence are my 2 closest so far.

• 10 months later...
I saw all the posts on here about Steamworks in Chicago- had planned a visit to London, but Hurricane Irene was churning up the east coast of the US and I fly space available, so I figured trying to go to London was unwise as could get stuck there for days waiting for a seat home, so I made a fast flight to Chicago for a weekend of sex.

First stop off the plane was Steamworks. It was a Friday afternoon. I told the guys at the counter I was a SW virgin. They gave me a sling room but probably the worst layout - you had to go up two steps and stand on the bed to access the sling. In addition, the sling was parallel to the door. The bed pad WAS nice and large, and had pillows, too! I managed to get three fists and four loads during my stay. I had checked in at 12:45 P.M. and by 6:00 P.M. the place had died out, so I wandered, then hit the bed pad and took a nap, sleeping until almost 9:00 P.M. When I awoke and went to piss, I saw my room on the TV monitor as being eight minutes past check out. Skipping the piss, I went to the counter and told the guy I had just awaken, needed to shower and repack my bag and would be out in a little bit. He replied "Your room is overdue." I showered, got dressed, stripped the linen and went to check out. That's when some priss queen with a bad dye job at the counter pronounced I was late and over due, and owed a late fee of $21.50. The fuckin' room was only $40 for eight hours! I protested that there had been no forewarning my time was up, no accommodation on my first visit to the place. He was insistent, saying I could leave without paying the fee, but it would be charged on me next entry. BINGO.

I got my valuables back from him, walked out, and never went back. Even wrote to the Steamworks Chicago people when I got home from the link on the website. Two weeks have passed, and I haven't received even a form letter saying screw off or thank you.

Mans Country had a very old smell even as you walked inthe front door, and my bad luck there was a lesbian song fest going on across the street in the parking lot, so the baths were really dead until late. About 11:00 P.M. the action was beginning to pick up, but I was ready to head back up to the JackHammer and the basement Hole Bar in the basement. I DID get into a good scene up in the theater/show room with a guy around 11:00 P.M. who fisted my hole as some four others watched. He slipped right in and we put on a good show. I'm certain a lot more action was happening after I left, but I was trying to scoop from all the scenes in Chicago that night.

Well, on the one hand, these places are businesses that are first out to make money. But on the other hand, I do agree that you can get more repeat business by bending a little and having some kindness and flexibility. Steamworks has a sophistocated point of sale system that does count down your time there by the minute, and tells their employees what to charge.

I think it also makes a difference if there are people waiting to get in or not. If its 7am and no one is waiting in line for a room, I'd think the staff could be a little flexible and give a few minutes break.

I've been in the same situation before at Club Houston - staying the night and then realizing I was aa minute or two overdue, and have gone to the desk asking for a few minutes to shower and pack up, and they have always been great about that.

Whenever I'm traveling and in a city with a bathhouse, I go so have been in quite a few here in the USA. Steamworks Berkeley on a Sunday afternoon is awesome; Steamworks Toronto is excellent and not far behind is SpaExcess in Toronto. ClubHouseII Ft Lauderdale has great action. But my all time favorite by far is CCBC in Palm Springs. Technically, not a bathhouse by some standards but to me it's just a bath with palm trees and better, bigger hotel services. WOW! If you don't get action at CCBC, you'll never get action! CCBC is an off-the-charts fuckfest especially on a warm summer holiday evening. It's a top's dream cum true! Luv the place!

I have read reviews about bath houses in many major cities of the USA, and most good reviews are given to clubs in Chicago, specially Steamworks, so I'd someday hope to try it out. I have been to some others, and I do notice a lot of attitude of those who work at front desk, most tend to look trashy and queer (no offense intended, just my impression), and that's beyond annoying having to deal with them, why don't they hire manly caring guys. Some policies of bath houses are abusive and absurd as well. I once went to this bath house, bought a one time pass plus the fee of a room, then I decided I was willing to stay longer, and I asked if I could buy more time, I thought I had to pay the room fee again, but no, I had to pay the room fee PLUS another one time membership, when I did not leave the facilities, was asking for a time extension I was willing to pay for. But the clerk told me in a bad way "it'd be 36 dollars, for the room plus a one time membership". Of course I left, even though I could have paid for it, it's just such a stupid and absurd policy that I was not going to support them with my money.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

My first, and all time favorite bathhouse, was the St. Mark's Baths in NYC (long closed). They used to have a line out the door - even on weekdays! Others would include: Steamworks-Chicago, Clubhouse II-Ft. Lauderdale, and Midtowne Spa-Dallas. None of them are glitzy - but they are fairly clean - and the guys are there to fuck. They all have "specialty" rooms with slings (or ceiling bolts to hang your own), mirrors, bondage beds, etc. I always try to leave the room fairly clean (trash picked up, Crisco off the floor, etc.) which goes a long way with the staff. I've even gotten preferential treatment, 'cause they know I'm not gonna trash the place...

Midtown in Dallas is the one I've had the most sex in. Club Dallas has been ok if I go durring a run event, otherwise my body has never been cut/buff enough for most of the guys I find interesting. Wasn't even that defined when I was a bull rider, but at least I was more hwp then.