Copying & Pasting to Start Topic

I wanted to upload a new story to the Bug Chasing & Gift Giving FICTION forum. When I try to copy the text from Word into the box, it appears as a black text .png file, rather than pasting the text itself... See below... I'd love to upload the new story, but don't know if it is working correctly...

Thanks for you help. 

image.png.a78d3775ecb4f753f08642c5213d84d8.png

• Moderators

When you copy/paste from a word processor into the forum, you should see a new clickable area appear at the bottom of the post that offers the option to remove formatting from the post. Try looking for that, and tell us what happens. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry, no, still not working. I don't see anywhere to remove formatting. There's a + icon that allows you to edit as an image file. There's a trash can to delete it. Nowhere, at least nowhere obvious, to remove formatting. If it is indeed there, I would say that's it is too well hidden... 

Granted, it's been a long time since I've uploaded a new story, but I know this didn't used to be an issue. I also know that other people don't seem to have a problem uploading text, or maybe they write in the box online. I prefer to write in Word where I can spellcheck, proofread, and get things edited before uploading. 

Am I really the only user who seems to be having this issue? 

I did discover a bit of a reacharound. If I paste the text into an email box and copy it from there, it seems to work... But, why should I have to? 

Untitled copy.jpg

• Moderators

I just tried it myself with text from a website as I do not have Word on my computer. 

The options I got were "Paste as rich text" or "Paste as plain text." The option you want is plain. I got this by highlighting the text I wanted to copy, Ctrl+C, moving to BZ window, Ctrl+V. 

It looks to me as if you are somehow pasting your text as an image, but I am not sure how that is happening. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.