Should getting HIV positive be the ultimate goal of a submissive bottom?

Guest Cutedelicategay

Guest Cutedelicategay

As introduced in my profile I have been a submissive bottom since I was introduced to men sexually. I have managed to stay NEG despite taking every load offered to me. I enjoy taking unknown loads and achieve the strongest orgasms in doing so. Seroconversion in my case is probably matter of time. Have read a lot on this site I understand the pros and cons of converting. But the bigger question is does a bottom has to convert? Does that endorses a role of being a bottom? Should I consider risk reduction  techniques like PREP? 

please give me some advice but please be respectful of others decisions. I am looking for suggestions and not judgements.

While the choice to have raw sex, especially as a bottom, certainly increases the risk that you’ll get infected with HIV, I don’t think any bottom “has” to get pozzed. We have very effective tools such as PrEP and nPEP, and we now know from research that undetectable poz guys can’t infect others, so even taking a lot of loads doesn’t mean HIV is an inevitability anymore.

That being said, there are certainly a lot of guys who *want* to become poz, whether it’s a fetish for them, or whether they crave a sense of liberation from worrying about potential infection. For those guys, my encouragement would be to read up on what being poz is like - what the fuck flu is like, what AIDS and opportunistic infections are like, what the side effects of the medications are - and take all of that into consideration before making the life-altering decision to contract HIV.

• Upvote 1

No a bottom doesn't have to convert if they don't want to. Perhaps it's just me but ultimately the goal for a good bottom is to take as many ducks and loads as possible. 

Being negative and on prep opens the possibilities much more than one that is poz. Since many negative guys still say no even though one is undectable

If you are truly seeking advice, get on PreP immediately, stay neg and enjoy barebacking. If PreP would have been available back then I'd be on it and still neg. 

Guest Cutedelicategay

Great responses and suggestions. It's not whether I want to be poz or not. It's about what I am sexually and I just cannot say a No to a load. I give up my ass to anyone who just even feels my ass or comments on my ass that's what I exist for. I won't call myself promiscuous as I have preference for guys that I open my ass for but once my ass is open it doesn' t close unless I have my reward.

Guest GoneFishing
2 hours ago, barecub85 said:

While the choice to have raw sex, especially as a bottom, certainly increases the risk that you’ll get infected with HIV, I don’t think any bottom “has” to get pozzed. We have very effective tools such as PrEP and nPEP, and we now know from research that undetectable poz guys can’t infect others, so even taking a lot of loads doesn’t mean HIV is an inevitability anymore.

That being said, there are certainly a lot of guys who *want* to become poz, whether it’s a fetish for them, or whether they crave a sense of liberation from worrying about potential infection. For those guys, my encouragement would be to read up on what being poz is like - what the fuck flu is like, what AIDS and opportunistic infections are like, what the side effects of the medications are - and take all of that into consideration before making the life-altering decision to contract HIV.

i always ask for men who hit me up for starter yeast if they have done all their homework.  have to be mature and ready for the “change” most do and some don’t 

20 hours ago, Cutedelicategay said:

Have read a lot on this site I understand the pros and cons of converting. But the bigger question is does a bottom has to convert? Does that endorses a role of being a bottom? Should I consider risk reduction  techniques like PREP?

First, my apologies for any misspellings: I'm on my phone, and I'm not as focused as I otherwise might be. 

Speaking solely for myself, I'd answer your questions as follows: he does not, it does not, and I would. 

As to your first question, I see conversation driven -- at least in part -- as a choice, and not as an imperative.

Some bottoms choose to use PrEP, some casually chase conversion, some serosort, some eschew both PrEP and PEP, some perform actions designed to increase the probability of infection ... ultimately, each person makes an individual determination as to how they plan on approaching the possibility of becoming HIV-positive.

That said, there will always be on-the-fly or immutable factors that can impact the chance of conversion; however, for the most part, I view it as choice rather than commandment. 

From a personal standpoint, and only from a personal standpoint, I don't feel that a desire to become positive is what differentiates a casual bottom from a true bottom/sub bottom: both live for the fuck, both love the cum, both feel empowered by the act of being submissive ... they're both bottoms, and the only difference between them is their HIV status.

I, personally, have chosen risk mitigation: I take PrEP, I try to take care of my health, I don't play when I have injured or compromised mucous membranes, and so forth. That is how I deal with it, but I'm not going to even pretend to say that my way is the only one true way.

• Like 2

Guest Cutedelicategay

That leads to an important question. How effective is Prep? Given that there are many guys on Prep it should be effective but more so does it give a placebo effect? I know about 3-4 cases of guys turning positive while on Prep one is right at home in Toronto. I have never refused a load and wasn' t tested in last 5 years but still my test was Negative at least on ORA Quick. For me HIV pozzing will be eventually but with Prep will be able to keep that eventuality away and still live a life of a true bottom. 

With those cases it brings up the possibility of human error. Currently I'm undetectable but if I'm sloppy or lapse enough in taking the medication I could develop a drug resistant strain. Couple that with possible social stigma said persons may not the completely forthright about how it occurred. But I digress unfortunately no one method is a hundred percent effective except not to do it, but where's the fun in that?

Edited by analluv27
Spelling correction

let me say this as someone who loves bottoming and is poz (not by choice). No it shouldn't be your goal, unless you want it to be your goal. It isn't worth the social stigma, or worth the difficulty of either getting a date, or into a relationship, or you just want a dick pounding you. 

23 hours ago, PAcock1980 said:

Love my role as poz sub boy but no bttm has to be poz. If your not ready take prep. Cause getting poz no joke 

PAcock1980 is right, it ain't a joke at all, especially since you have to live with it for the rest of your life. Go on Prep, tell your doctor, you are in a relationship with a man, who regularly sleeps around, and you want to have sex bareback. He/she will give you Prep unless they wants another patient with HIV. Just use your discretion and be careful who you let nut in you.

Guest GoneFishing
1 minute ago, evilqueerpig said:

Only you can decide if conversion is right for you, but until you make a definite decision, PrEP is the way to go.

yea get on those training wheels build up your courage so when you want to be in the wild !

Good question! I started to enjoy BB sex about 3 years ago. Always knew and understood the risks.  Then it happened, I thought I was gifted.  Honestly the feeling was amazing.  I wasn't looking for it to happen, but I had signs of Fuk Flu, and thought it did.  It ended up not being the case though. At that point, I had made up my mind, I had no issues in being pozzed, BUT I wanted to know who did it, rather than just being a random cum dump. I want someone that would be an ear to lean on as I convert.  Someone who has been there, and that I could talk to if I needed to.  Yea, I know, somewhat of a hopeless romantic.  My thought process is this.  Once a conversion takes place, there is plenty of time and opportunity to be  a random dump.

When it comes down to it, its a personal decision.  I had thought about Prep until the time I thought I was pozzed. Something seemed to change. Guess its up to you. You seem to know the risks, its just a matter if you are OK with becoming poz.  As suggested, use Prep as training wheels, and see where it goes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Memphian
On 5/22/2018 at 12:44 PM, Cutedelicategay said:

That leads to an important question. How effective is Prep? Given that there are many guys on Prep it should be effective but more so does it give a placebo effect? I know about 3-4 cases of guys turning positive while on Prep one is right at home in Toronto. I have never refused a load and wasn' t tested in last 5 years but still my test was Negative at least on ORA Quick. For me HIV pozzing will be eventually but with Prep will be able to keep that eventuality away and still live a life of a true bottom. 

Based on my research and talking to my doctor, it's darned close to 100 percent effective if you take it as directed.  Officially published stats are lower, but I think they take into account people skipping pills, people who are deceitful about adherence to the dosing, etc.  

As for the other part of your question, there is no such thing as a placebo effect with taking a prophylactic drug like this.  It blocks replication of the virus and it has nothing to do with whether you believe it is working or not.  It's a biochemical process and the membranes in your ass are not subject to the power of suggestion, at least not when it comes to something like this.

Back to your original post, no one can tell someone what a bottom's ultimate goal should be.  I mean, I have my opinions but it's not my place to preach and it wouldn't change anyone's mind if I did.  But your question is kind of like asking, "Should seeing the Doors be every rock fan's ultimate goal?"  (Putting aside the fact that Morrison is dead and I'm not sure about the rest of them.)  Personally, I love classic rock but have always hated the Doors, so no, that would never be my ultimate goal.

Silly analogy and a lot more frivolous that the issue of conversion, but I think it points out a flaw in the premise of your question.