FTL June 11-14, need suggestions

I'll be down in the Fort Lauderdale area June 11-14.  Unfortunately I may be with family (sister and nephew) for most of the time, and I won't have a rental car (I plan on using Uber if needed).  We're staying sort of near the airport by the convention center.  Questions for those that live there or have visited there:

1) We don't have many plans other than my nephew's competition at the convention center on one of the days.  What are some things (touristy, kid-friendly) to do around the area?  I've heard there are good boat tours/swamp tours?

2) If I get an afternoon/evening away from family (I know I will need it), where are the nearest places to find some adult fun? 

You will be a long way from a swamp tour and I don’t think they will do a pick up. Beach, Swimming Hall of Fame, City bus tours, the water taxi system is a great way to get around, also Adventure Zone at the Children’s Museum, Hugh Taylor Birch park. The Goodyear blimp is in Pompano Beach and has a small info center. Lots of good restaurants, 17Street Fisheries, Carlos and Pepe’s, used to be one called Bimini Boat Yard but the name changed, a couple of Italian places too. Have a great time.

There is Museum of Discovery and Science with IMAX theatre in downtown Ft. Lauderdale which is a block or 2 from the Water Taxi stop at Esplanade Park. Definitely will need Uber, if you choose to do an Airboat Ride/Tour. Best place for that is at Everglades Holiday Park that also has a gator show perform by the Gator Boys that been on Animal Plant. 

For alone time; there is Inn Leather   if you find a guy staying there. Club Ft. Lauderdale, Clubhouse 2 and Slammers. Higher barebacking will happen at Slammers and Clubhouse 2. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/22/2018 at 11:56 AM, scott0882 said:

For alone time; there is Inn Leather   if you find a guy staying there. Club Ft. Lauderdale, Clubhouse 2 and Slammers. Higher barebacking will happen at Slammers and Clubhouse 2. 

How far are those places from the area where I'm going to be staying?  5, 10, 30 minute Uber rides?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks @swrdswlr and @scott0882.  I had plenty of interest on the apps (Grindr, Scruff) while I was down there.  A buddy who lives there took me to Alibi and Rosie's on Monday night and showed me around the gayborhood.  Then on Thursday I managed to get away from family for the late morning and afternoon, so I went back to Wilton Manors and did some walking around and found a couple asses to breed along the way.  Unfortunately I got a sunburn at Hollywood Beach the day before, so I chose to avoid the bathhouse (where I would've wanted to use the hot tub and steam room - not a good idea with a burn).  Inn Leather would've been a short walk away from my hotel, but didn't manage to get over there.

As for non-sexual things, we did the Jungle Queen on Monday, Ft. Lauderdale Beach on Tuesday afternoon, the moonlit turtle walk offered by the DIscovery and Science Museum on Tuesday night (well worth it if you've never seen a loggerhead make a nest!), and Hollywood Beach on Wednesday.  My family did the Discovery and Science Museum on Thursday while I did my whoring around ;-)