Going on prep next month

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

You're making the right move for your own safety and protection. I wished I'd known about it.ni had a few friends in ATL who were some of the first to go on it and have used it for years now. So long as you stick to taking your meds you should be fine. The guys who stick to it have done fine and they are pretty slutty, do a lot of anon and hook up pretty regular. The only time anyone has problems is when they skip a dose or aren't regular with it...had a couple who wound up pozzing because they werent good with sticking to the regimin.

Good move! Prep has been a godsend for so many. Welcome to a wonderful new slutty world!

You still need to be aware of the other STDs and take what precautions you can to reduce your risk. Definitely get Hepatitis A and B vaccines. Ask about HPV vaccine -- they recommend it before age 26 but you can still get it if older and get at least partial protection. It's worth it even if you have to pay out of pocket... we're going to see an epidemic of mouth and rectal cancer in a few years.

There is no vaccine for Hep C, which is very serious. It's curable but at great expense. Best to avoid it. Still relatively few cases from "regular" sex but they are increasing. Group sex, fisting, anything involving blood, and especially IV drug use are risk factors.

Your prep care should include quarterly full STD screenings (insist on it... and make sure they swab your throat and hole... peeing in a cup only detects infections in your dick and blood draw is only for syphilis, not gonorrhea/chlamydia).

More tips:

-Try to piss after sex, to clean bacteria out of your urethra.

-Wash your hands and cock thoroughly after sex or between partners (but douching after bottoming does NOT help).

-Listerine helps kill gonorrhea germs in your throat (a common infection site -- often with no symptoms and you can spread it without knowing). Do a good deep thorough gargle for a full minute before sucking cock (to protect your top), and after.

Happy whoring!

Agreed with all above, fellow Truvada whore here as well, If you drink alcohol heavily, id cut back once you start PrEP, always stay super hydrated as it can put strain on your kidneys, get a weekly pill dispenser and setba reminder on your phone. After taking it for so long, you start to question whether you took it already that day or not. 

Welcome to the club! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Memphian
On 5/29/2018 at 12:48 PM, Youngbottombb said:

I’ve decided i only want to fuck bareback as a bottom, so i made an appointment to go on prep this coming month.  I just want to fuck and enjoy it, no more latex....

I started a couple of months ago and it has been a life changer.  No more guilt and worry (or at least a whole lot less) after taking loads.  No more trying to assess how truthful (or knowledgable) the top is about his status.  Been getting fucked a lot more too, now that my biggest fear has been all but eliminated.