Chicago Pride??

barecubtop

I'm curious about the Pride weekends up in Chicago.  I see that the "festival" is one weekend and the "parade" is the next.  Any locals have suggestions on finding action either of the two weekends?  Are there bigger crowds for the parade weekend than the festival, i.e. more potential at Steamworks that Saturday before the parade? Or vice versa?  Anybody know of any orgies or sex parties held either weekend that are open to visitors? 

Or...is it better to come up to city later in the summer to find fun at Halsted Days or something?

(context: I'll be flying back into O'Hare on the 15th from a vacation...debating whether to take the train home that day or stick around for the festival weekend)

While Pride is nice, it's mostly a street fair with vendors selling things.  If you are looking for cruising and hot times then come for the parade which attracts half a million people.  The Pride fest attracts a lot less and is smaller.  The parade is your best bet.  Steamworks, the sex club, is usually busy and if you want an orgy this is a 3 story orgy of fun and it's one of the cleanest and most modern bathhouses in the country.  So come to boystown during the parade and have a great time. 

I was up there the weekend of the parade last year...did the bear event at Steamworks on that Saturday afternoon and had fun.  So is Steamworks also busy during the actual parade on Sunday then? Or just in general all weekend?

• 2 weeks later...

Steamworks will be busy the whole weekend, and I'd expect fairly high pricing on the parade sunday. 

Pride Fest and Market Days are almost identical. Market Days tends to be a bit more gay, I assume that's because there's so much else going on in the city during August weekends.