Plurals

ErosWired

There are specific collective words for certain groupings of things, such as a “murder” of crows or a “parliament” of owls. What do you suppose should be the collective word for groups of Tops and groups of bottoms?

(Just as a point of interest, the collective for mares is “a stud of mares”...)

Well, I’ll tell you exactly what a gathering of gay men is - a pride, because today is Pride Festival day in Indy and all the gay men have clearly gathered somewhere other than the bathhouse. It’s been absolutely dead here all day. We’ll see if anyone actually shows up for CumUnion...

• 1 year later...
On 6/8/2018 at 2:11 PM, ErosWired said:

There are specific collective words for certain groupings of things, such as a “murder” of crows or a “parliament” of owls. What do you suppose should be the collective word for groups of Tops and groups of bottoms?

If you have a gathering of tops you'd have a massive amount of hormones and hard-ons, so maybe call it a "rage" of tops.

If you have a group of insatiably hungry butt-boys, I think that might be a "greed" of bottoms.

A group of guys into oral would definitely be a "swallow".

Now I'm trying to come up with names for a group of drag queens, ABDL diaper boys, and a few other fetishes.

• Upvote 3

On 11/29/2019 at 10:52 AM, funpozbottom said:

If you have a gathering of tops you'd have a massive amount of hormones and hard-ons, so maybe call it a "rage" of tops.

If you have a group of insatiably hungry butt-boys, I think that might be a "greed" of bottoms.

A group of guys into oral would definitely be a "swallow".

Now I'm trying to come up with names for a group of drag queens, ABDL diaper boys, and a few other fetishes.

I’m not sure I agree about the bottoms; not all bottoms are greedy bottoms. We do, however, have a drive in common, as you point out, whether it be to serve or to simply get loads. It speaks to a kind of emptiness that needs filling, so I would propose another of your words: A “hunger” of bottoms.

This still doesn’t necessarily capture the raw sexuality of the bottoms’ impulse to be bred, though, so perhaps a “heat” of bottoms?

Collective nouns often have multiple uses and frequently change by region so there’s no real reason not to accept any of these suggestions. 
So I humbly throw into the mix my offerings.

An Owning of Tops

and 

An Acceptance of Bottoms.

Of course for the versatile there can always be a Switch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ErosWired said:

A flakiness of grindrs, maybe...

“Flakiness” came to mind as I thought about this. But I wanted a word that, at least to my mind, gave a broader sense of how we mere mortals regard “The Grindr Experience.” (Hell if I know if I succeeded — I should know better than to engage in linguistic exercises on 3 hours of sleep.)