Film "100 Men" on Netflix

AirmaxUK

Maybe a little tenuous, but if you have 90 minutes to spare, I'd recommend this documentary movie - I really enjoyed it. Its made by the director of "Like it is" which is also not bad.

Edited by drscorpio
Fixed Title

48 minutes ago, AirmaxAndy said:

Maybe a little tenuous, but if you have 90 minutes to spare, I'd recommend this documentary movie - I really enjoyed it. Its made by the director of "Like it is" which is also not bad.

will check it out.

• Moderators

My husband and I watched it this evening. Thanks for the recommendation @AirmaxUK

The filmaker is reflecting on 100 of the men he has had sex with over his life. While telling these stories which include interviews with several of them, he also reflects on gay history over the last 40 years. There is lots of footage of “The good old days” mostly in London but plenty of other places. 

It was refreshing because it was always sex-positive. Lots of discussion of the virtue of open relationships (with a few dissenting opinions) are in the film. Also there are lots of discussions about sustaining long-term relationships. 

The film is sexy but not really erotic. There is no explicit sexual descriptions or depictions. No real mention of barebacking. 

• Like 1

Yeah sorry that should be “100 Men” not guys. 

I emjoyed watching something that celebrated and portrayed something  close  to the kind of lifestyle I lead in a positive light rather than reinforcing the propaganda of monogamous marriage - which might be what some people want, but personally I have grown tired of having it forced upon me or assuming that’s what we all want. 

On 6/17/2018 at 12:50 AM, drscorpio said:

My husband and I watched it this evening. Thanks for the recommendation @AirmaxAndy

The filmaker is reflecting on 100 of the men he has had sex with over his life. While telling these stories which include interviews with several of them, he also reflects on gay history over the last 40 years. There is lots of footage of “The good old days” mostly in London but plenty of other places. 

It was refreshing because it was always sex-positive. Lots of discussion of the virtue of open relationships (with a few dissenting opinions) are in the film. Also there are lots of discussions about sustaining long-term relationships. 

The film is sexy but not really erotic. There is no explicit sexual descriptions or depictions. No real mention of barebacking. 

I watched this a month or two ago, and drscorpio's review is spot on.  As someone who was a kid during the 80s and 90s, I always enjoy documentaries like this that help me to understand what it was like.