Trades Hotel in Blackpool - tips?

AirmaxUK

OK... So I booked the PA Hotel - one of their sling rooms - for the Jock weekend 27-29 March. If anyone's around the Blackpool area that weekend and up for donating a load, get in touch. Event on BBRT or DM me. 

• 6 months later...

I've stayed at trades a couple of times pre covid. It's a sleaze fest of a joint which is great but also an utter shithole. If you can tolerate the latter then it can be a barebackers paradise. 

Guys can be fucking all over the place, in the darkroom and sling by the bar and in the corridors, bathrooms and showers. I've been fucked in all these locations. 

The beer is cheap and the bar stays open as long as there is customers so it's best late into the night when everywhere else is closing. Its open to the public so when you are in, your free to wander the corridors and rooms to find some bare arse to fuck. 

If your a bottom its awesome, leave your door open and have all and sundry come and bang you. 

For all its good points, there is some negatives. As I say, the place is a shithole. Some of the rooms are absolutely manky. Some have been updated, others not touched in decades. The carpets can be covered in filth, the showers not cleaned in weeks and there is a general layer of dirt and grime everywhere.

It can be very noisy. There is always people roaming the corridors keeping you awake. You don't come to trades for a restful stay.

Saying that, this was pre covid. I dont know what it is like now. They certainly had enough time to give the place a good clean in the lockdown. I'll certainly be back,  but may not pay to stay the night. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Barebackpiggy said:

I've stayed at trades a couple of times pre covid. It's a sleaze fest of a joint which is great but also an utter shithole. If you can tolerate the latter then it can be a barebackers paradise. 

Guys can be fucking all over the place, in the darkroom and sling by the bar and in the corridors, bathrooms and showers. I've been fucked in all these locations. 

The beer is cheap and the bar stays open as long as there is customers so it's best late into the night when everywhere else is closing. Its open to the public so when you are in, your free to wander the corridors and rooms to find some bare arse to fuck. 

If your a bottom its awesome, leave your door open and have all and sundry come and bang you. 

For all its good points, there is some negatives. As I say, the place is a shithole. Some of the rooms are absolutely manky. Some have been updated, others not touched in decades. The carpets can be covered in filth, the showers not cleaned in weeks and there is a general layer of dirt and grime everywhere.

It can be very noisy. There is always people roaming the corridors keeping you awake. You don't come to trades for a restful stay.

Saying that, this was pre covid. I dont know what it is like now. They certainly had enough time to give the place a good clean in the lockdown. I'll certainly be back,  but may not pay to stay the night. 

Agree with all you say Bareback piggy, would be good to hear from any guys have have visited since lockdown was eased. 

17 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

Hmmm well my March visit got bumped to October - silly me thinking this covid thing would be over by then... Anyhow deciding whether to go or postpone again 

I was a regular from about 1997 and, back in the day, there was nowhere quite like it. It’s squalid, sleazy and dirty - the hotel version of a Slam Rush video. I was young and prettier in those days and my record was 18 in one long night (I do not exaggerate). Inevitably, I suppose, Trades and I drifted apart. There was a period when the owners seemed not to care a jot about the place or their customers. The current owners seem much more engaged - or at least they did the last time I went, which was about 18 months ago. Now, in the unlikely event of my returning to Blackpool, I’d stay at the Prince Albert Hotel (“the PA”) round the corner. But I’d be interested to hear how Trades is faring in the pandemic, especially now the fun police are about to be unleashed on us again. 

• Upvote 1

Yes, standards are not always what they should be. Some years ago I was given the key to a room and found that it hadn't been cleaned since the last occupant. They did change rooms for me.

Forget about sleep here. It can be noisy as guys walk around the corridors. If you leave your room unlocked, you will get visitors who may or may not stay. You can't really avoid sex.