Hankie code, will I have any luck?

orionboy1

Well, I am very old ?I remember the hanky cold well. Flagged blue, yellow, grey  and light blue on the right and kelly green (and red)  on the left in years gone by. (that too eventually switched to the right.) Now its been quite a while since I flagged any hankies. You may actually be correct about the navy blue with black stripes for bareback. It sounds familiar and also an almost impossible pattern to find. (I did find a navy blue with white polka dots but as suggested by someone above found that wearing a Treasure Island Media or Meat Packer tee shirt served me better.)

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 3:48 AM, AnonBareback said:

I wish a Bug Chaser/Gifter hanky code was a thing. 

It wouldn't surprise me if there was cloth with a biohazard design on it. Take a square of that- right back pocket for chasing and left back pocket for gifting. I bet some would figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest neg4POZnw
4 minutes ago, ronetbus said:

It wouldn't surprise me if there was cloth with a biohazard design on it. Take a square of that- right back pocket for chasing and left back pocket for gifting. I bet some would figure it out.

Love this idea

2 hours ago, ronetbus said:

I have never seen this though. Here you go, make your fortune. I'll buy the first from you.

I just went to a fabric store and found cotton fabric with white polka dots intermixed with a few gold polka dots, and  a navy silk-like fabric with white polka dots. I also found - get this - cotton navy with white hearts in place of the polka dots.

I couldn’t resist buying a couple of yards of each. I’m firing up the sewing machine and making hankies.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest Fistedslack

I use a Red hanky often.  I go older men so it works but wish they were more widely used as i love them. 

Unrelated to hankie but kind of on the same track. In Japan they had signage in their bath houses where to put your key to represent what position. They even had drawings. 

If you kept your key on your right wrist you were a top. 

If you were a bottom then on your right ankle. 

If you were verse then around your neck or something. 

It was very convenient. You could change the position of your key ? depending on what you like or who you met. See a hung top? Ankle time! See a small short bottom? Wrist time! I think this would work in bathhouses and sauna here, takes the mystery and gets right down to business.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, CDNbbR said:

http://user.xmission.com/~trevin/hanky.html Here's a very detailed list of codes. I'd have a beige one in my left pocket or my left somewhere!

By the time any color-based code reaches that level of complexity, it has hit a point of diminishing returns. Not everyone's eye catches the same subtleties of color. With this schema, it's only a matter of tint that separates an experience admiring a navel from an experience of finding oneself bleeding. Similarly, a guy who's taken his first fist might find himself paired with a way-too-eager double-fisting top just because one man's red is another man's dark red. Or it could even be the poor guy who's just window shopping, who finds himself hounded by foot fetishists who will not leave his toes alone. In other words, as a system of communication, it loses clear definition and thus loses usefulness. Even if internet apps hadn't made physical codes superfluous, I wonder if a code like this would have survived such heavy diversification. Mosquito netting? Really?

• 5 months later...
Guest BreedingCameraman

I remember reading that article about all of the recent “additions” to the hanky code over the years. Some of the items that have for certain things will possibly make it easier to find others with the same interests. However, some of them are quite disturbing to the point where I’ve theorized the only reason they have those ones listed is so that the rest of us are more easily able to identify any anyone who we might want to avoid.

The only other things that I can think to question is why do we not seem to have a color for bareback sex and what about if you’re versatile enough, like me?

Hell Son- Just pick  your fun, pick your color and do it. If it works once,  Well Hell Yeah Buddy-you won. If it doesn't, and your peers want to give you the stink eye, just tell those grotty little fucks that you're celebrating your cultural roots as a gay man, then tell them  hanky codes are huge  in Europe, and you saw Gus Kenworthy at an afterhours party flagging Hot Pink.

5 hours ago, BreedingCameraman said:

The only other things that I can think to question is why do we not seem to have a color for bareback sex and what about if you’re versatile enough, like me?

The color for bareback sex is, according to some sources, navy blue with white polka dots. Maybe the dots symbolize dripping cum; who knows who comes up with these things?