Possibility of being immune...

So I have been chasing for half my life with no luck so far. I have talked to a few people that say I might be "immune" to the gift. I don't think it's likely however I have been very unlucky in receiving HIV. Am I really immune or am I doing something wrong. 

I don't know if it's my imagine or what but I have been with a lot of undetectable guys and several who claim to be detectable.

Any thoughts?

I've been fucked by a lot of guys too, many were HIV+ I found out later and I never caught the bug either. I took a few years off from getting fucked when AIDS first hit the scene but soon I was getting fucked and never had a condom covered dick in my ass.  I've got an HIV+ u/d husband now. I think I must be immune 

Guest perverthomoslave

HIV immunity is very very very rare, but I guess if you were immune that could be still believable. The best or the worst news of your life depending how you see it.
I think there are places where you can get tested for immunity but I don't know of any.

If you get your DNA tested at 23 And Me, the results will tell you.

It will tell you if you are immune, as in no receptors for the HIV virus, but if you are not, it will tell you what rate of progression you can expect if you do get infected.

I took the test years ago.

I am not immune, and could expect a standard rate of progression if I did not take meds.

One caveat. The information is only an estimate based on input from the people that have had their DNA sequenced AND answered questions about their medical history.

Oh, and as it turns out I'm 0.27% Neanderthal :)

Good luck

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jeff238 said:

It will tell you if you are immune, as in no receptors for the HIV virus, but if you are not, it will tell you what rate of progression you can expect if you do get infected.

I am not immune, and could expect a standard rate of progression if I did not take meds.

One caveat. The information is only an estimate based on input from the people that have had their DNA sequenced AND answered questions about their medical history.

Good luck

Sounds interesting. The test is only reliable for one strain of HIV but still it is a useful information. I checked on the site and there are different packages available. Which one did you take?

3 hours ago, etha said:

Sounds interesting. The test is only reliable for one strain of HIV but still it is a useful information. I checked on the site and there are different packages available. Which one did you take?

There was only one available when I did it.

The FDA messed with them at one time, just as I was about to get my results back, so it was a pain to get info from the raw data.

I think now they have begun making more info available on third site. In any event, regardless of what package you choose, you should have your full genome available as raw data. It is a big file, but everything is there. Just keep in mind that the raw data is just what your genome is, and not what it means.

I managed to figure out what all I wanted to know. Since there are alot more people in the database now,  it will be all the more informative.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
Guest FinalDL2021
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:10 AM, jeff238 said:

Good luck

Never thought of getting this DNA test. My family does a pretty good job of recording our heritage, so I was not interested. Even if I am not immune, it would be nice to know the rate of progression I can expect.

I've heard it said that survivors of the Black Death in medieval Europe have descendants that are immune to HIV. Don't know if there's any truth in that, or if it's just speculation - who can possibly trace their lineage that far back with accuracy? - but it makes sense on some level.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest piercedpigpup
On 3/30/2019 at 8:21 AM, leatherpunk16 said:

I've heard it said that survivors of the Black Death in medieval Europe have descendants that are immune to HIV. Don't know if there's any truth in that, or if it's just speculation - who can possibly trace their lineage that far back with accuracy? - but it makes sense on some level.

There is. They have studied extensively. Some people who have the gene. Non progressors 

• 3 months later...