Possibility of being immune...

On 7/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, fucknfeedme said:

I’ve gotta be immune. 

Don’t count on it.

In spite of the rates of infection, HIV is actually not an easy virus to catch. The risk of transference for a single unprotected sex act is relatively low. The fact that so many men are now poz has less to do with how easy it is to catch than the truly vast amount of unprotected fucking going on.

Plus, don’t be too trusting of off-the-shelf HIV tests. They can return false negatives. I’m living proof - barely - my tests came back routinely negative right up until AIDS nearly killed me.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 8:00 PM, fucknfeedme said:

My family on both sides comes from Northern Europe. I have taken tons of Poz loads and I’m still negative. I also was in a ltr for many years and my bf passed away from complications of Aids. I’ve gotta be immune. 

It’s possible, but still not all that likely. 
This article says 10% of caucasians have some immunity, but that’s also by far the highest percentage I have ever seen... most articles I have read say it’s 1% of the general population.

[think before following links] https://www.livescience.com/9983-immune-hiv.html

whats important to remember here more than anything is that HIV is relatively hard to transmit. It’s a very delicate virus and survives outside of the body a very short time. Early on in the epidemic people were getting infected in large numbers because they were newly infected and probably had viral loads in the millions. That makes a person much more infectious. Even without treatment that will fall off to usually 100k or under for at least a years. Now, the number of people who are that infectious is relatively small, thus even with no protection ever, your net exposure over time is smaller.  

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Definitely resistant here I participated in a study about it that ended up helping to create prep.  There is no immunity but if you have ancestors who survived the plague you're likely to have resistance to most strains. Doesn't mean you can't get pozzed but you're gonna need either someone with a rare strain or a mega load with more viral count than your resistance can handle. 

Guest RawCunt

Years ago, I remember a story on woman in Thailand who they deemed immune from it.  They were doing a study in them to try and find out why.  Don't know what became of it,  There was another about prostitutes in Nairobi.   I don't think history or race has anything to do with it, but there are people around the globe who seem to have an immunity to it.

I have also been looking around at other info here and there. And a small chance i am immune but other factors such as diabetes and a few of my other health issues can also play a factor in how my body absorbs the virus or lack of. 

In no way am i from the medical field so i cant say im accurate or even reading it correctly so. Still interesting.

Could be i am poz and my meds give me false readings. I dont know for sure.

• 3 months later...