What are my chances of getting (unintentionally) pozzed in London?

Guest Cumlaut

Guest Cumlaut

I've been on a few visits to London's remaining saunas recently, I figure lots of guys will be either undetectable, or on PReP, but as yet, I'm not on it cause i'm lazy. I might take it up.

Is it stupid to think that other guys Prep use will protect me? I'm not really that bothered if I get pozzed at this point  (will be 33 this autumn). But just want to know, what do you guys think? (so far I've only topped, mostly BB, always with other younger guys, and a couple of times with condoms. I've also dumped my load in a few randoms I've met elsewhere)

Will I get pozzed quickly if I start taking bare loads in these places?

Edited by Cumlaut

Looking at statistical point of view 

1 in 7 gay man in London are nicely pozzed up. 

Assuming u tend to see more poz gay man in sauna, 

meaning every 1 in 4 man in sauna should be poz (or even more) 

assuming 1 in 5 are undiagnosed, 1 in 10 diagnosed lads still have detectable load

means you have 7.5% chance of getting toxic load, 17.5% getting ud load, 75% getting neg load

but my calculation could be way off 

Guest Cumlaut
1 hour ago, gay87 said:

Assuming u tend to see more poz gay man in sauna, 

meaning every 1 in 4 man in sauna should be poz (or even more) 

I'm not sure if saunas have always had as many healthy-looking young guys in them as I've seen. Thats why I figure a lot of them are on PREP.

A lot of them also seem intelligent-looking to me (like the fucking cute eastern european lad the other week, who made me shoot a huge neverending load up his hot fucking cunt), like they wouldnt go in there without knowing they were protected.

Ive yet to see any headlines about how many guys got pozzed in the UK in 2017. I know it was a record high of  like 6000 in 2016. But I dunno if its going down or not.
Thanks for your input anyway I suppose the risk is still there but it doesnt feel nearly as dangerous to me as it would have been 5 or 10 y/ago. If they were all as hot as that lad I mentioned I wouldn't give a shit if I got HIV.

Edited by Cumlaut

• 4 weeks later...

I live in London, don’t know the stats, but I  was neg and went chasing for just under 4 months, never refused a load, went to saunas, chill outs, hook ups, Hampstead Heath, even one at work turned into a proper BBttm slut. 

Yesterday I was diagnosed HIV+ with a viral load over a million. I’d say if you wanted HIV just what I did and take all loads raw and enjoy it 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Guest Cumlaut
On 8/2/2018 at 8:48 AM, Lndpozboi said:

I live in London, don’t know the stats, but I  was neg and went chasing for just under 4 months, never refused a load, went to saunas, chill outs, hook ups, Hampstead Heath, even one at work turned into a proper BBttm slut. 

Yesterday I was diagnosed HIV+ with a viral load over a million. I’d say if you wanted HIV just what I did and take all loads raw and enjoy it 

Well... I don't really want it. I'm planning on getting PrEP ASAP, if I'm still neg, but no way in hell am I waiting the 30 days for prep to kick in, before I fuck around again. ?

Guest Cumlaut

Okay, sorry for the bump but having a test today. Will find out if my antics this year have turned me into a statistic...... and if I am I guess there's no looking back.

No symptoms or anything. Had a terrible week-long flu last October (that was before I started BBing - I thought some guy might have given it me by putting his cummy fingers in my ass). But  I tested neg months after it, so that was nothing. No flu or anything since then.

Guest Cumlaut

oh my fucking god. I couldnt get seen yesterday cause the walk-in testing place was already "full up" by the time I got there. what a waste of a trip, and Ive hardly got any money left either lol.

Fuck it, I got no symptoms so probably still neg.

Edited by Cumlaut

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Memphian
On 8/4/2018 at 1:07 PM, Cumlaut said:

Well... I don't really want it. I'm planning on getting PrEP ASAP, if I'm still neg, but no way in hell am I waiting the 30 days for prep to kick in, before I fuck around again. ?

From everything I’ve read PrEP should be at a safe level in no more than seven days. I waited 10 to be extra sure. 

• 7 months later...

If you're only topping, there is a small chance you could turn poz eventually but it would probably take a very long time indeed...if it even happens.

Start  bareback bottoming however, and your risk will sky rocket.

That said, most HIV positive people KNOW they are infected and are on meds (and most of those... Or at least a large number of them...are undetectable). There is a minority of guys who are poz but unaware of the fact (and who have high viral loads due to being unmedicated) but your chance of infection even from them is small for one off exposures ...to be successfully pozzed, you would likely have to have quote a few bareback exposures to such individuals. 

Now throw into the mix the many thousands (yes, thousands not hundreds) of guys who are on PrEP (like myself) and those who use PEP after bb sex and those who use condoms...a person's risk of actually getting HIV in London (and perhaps much of the Western world) is actually now quite low. What I say may sound too good to be true to you, if you are someone who wants to avoid infection, but it is backed up and reflected by the stats which show a huge decrease in HIV infections ...in fact, HIV diagnosis rates are plummeting here in London. There is no room.for complacency, but I think we are drawing a close to the epidemic here in the UK (or certainly in London, at least). This is thanks to most poz guys being on meds, PrEP, PEP, condoms and the low risk of one-time single exposures anyway. All these factors combined are helping bring the epidemic to a close. 

If you DO want to get infected, I would suggest you don't start taking PrEP and become a bottom cumdump whore.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2018 at 8:05 PM, Memphian said:

From everything I’ve read PrEP should be at a safe level in no more than seven days. I waited 10 to be extra sure. 

Agreed but in the UK the Impact PReP protocol seems to be to get a consult, then abstain from sex for two weeks, then get tested with a high sensitivity test, results took about a week in my clinic then go back for the impact trial prescription. It takes about 4 weeks in total with NHS appointment availability being what it is. 

19 hours ago, ImpotentBottom said:

I have had unprotected sex in London, Paris, Berlin, and Moscow but never got pozzed...but my Cuba trip in March has me a little worried.

Keep us posted on this please. CRF19 seems to be very prominent there, so this is very interesting topic for many of us here.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:53 AM, Cumlaut said:

Okay, sorry for the bump but having a test today. Will find out if my antics this year have turned me into a statistic...... and if I am I guess there's no looking back.

No symptoms or anything. Had a terrible week-long flu last October (that was before I started BBing - I thought some guy might have given it me by putting his cummy fingers in my ass). But  I tested neg months after it, so that was nothing. No flu or anything since then.

Keep trying. Just get fucked by anyone. Don't analyse Status too much and get a  toothbrush to scrape out/in your arse to get more +DNA into your blood stream.