Hair loss due to syphilis

One month ago I found out I had syphilis and took the 3 weekly injections (2.4 MU penincillin per week). Hair loss was one of the first symptoms I had before the diagnosis.

My last injection was 18 days ago and I'm much better now, all the other symtoms are gone, but I'm still losing hair and it's very patchy.

Has any of you guys experienced that? And if so, how long did it take for the hair to grow back?

11 hours ago, workmyhole said:

I had it about eight years ago, it took a few months for my hair to grow back.  In the mean time I kept it really short, a step above a buzz cut, and no one noticed.

Thanks! Glad to know it grew back.

I'm doing the same thing, keeping it really short. But even so, it's possible to notice that there's less hair in some areas of the scalp :/

25 minutes ago, brazilianboy said:

Thanks! Glad to know it grew back.

I'm doing the same thing, keeping it really short. But even so, it's possible to notice that there's less hair in some areas of the scalp :/

You may want to check with your doctor, but you may want to try Rogaine.

40 minutes ago, workmyhole said:

You may want to check with your doctor, but you may want to try Rogaine.

I may try Rogaine next month. The only reason I haven't tried it yet it's because I heard that during the first month of use, it's very common to lose even more hair before it starts growing. So I want to see If it gets better on its own before using anything. But thanks for the help!

Edited by brazilianboy

5 minutes ago, brazilianboy said:

I may try Rogaine next month. The only reason I haven't tried it yet it's because I heard that during the first month of use, it's very common to lose even more hair before it starts growing. So I want to see If it gets better on its own before using anything. But thanks for the help!

Sounds like a reasonable plan.  Hope it all works out and grows back.