How to know if a guy is truly undetectable.

BreedingTop71

I am also negative and bottom quite a bit.  My husband is POZ, undetectable and on medication.   He gets his blood drawn every 6 months.      Most of the men trick with are also POZ.   I tend to just trust them.  However, since I am not prep, I understand there is a good chance someone is lying and I may convert.  Since I have been taking many toxic loads since the early 80s while living in San Francisco and Chicago, at 52 I am not longer concerned if I convert.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, BreedingTop71 said:

I top submissive bottoms but I am also negative. How do I know if a guy really is undetectable  as opposed to with a HVL?

Unless you know him well enough to be privy to all his medical records you cannot. You are taking just as big a risk as any other time you trust someone else's honesty to protect your health.

If you want modern medicine to protect you from HIV, get on PrEP. In all honesty, I took the risk on believing guys were undetectable (or neg) many, many times before I went on PrEP, so I am not judging you. 

Assuming they are telling the truth to the best of their knowledge, look for evidence of medication compliance.  Of course, you won't be able to see this directly, but look for other signs that they have their life in order.  Someone who is a basketcase in other aspects of life may not remember to take their medicines regularly either.

What you’re asking is basically the same thing as asking how you can know whether or not a guy is telling you the truth when he says he’s positive or negative. Outside of a medical document displaying test results (and a clever, warped and determined fuck could fake even that) - you can’t. You can only communicate openly and decide whether to believe and/or trust that the guy is not willing to jeapordize your well-being for the sake of a quick shag.

Bareback sex is a risky activity, period. If you want to minimize your risk, get on PeEP. Otherwise, rubber up and forget it.

• Upvote 1

Guest Dickmagnet

Trust no one & invest in yourself = take Prep, You can only be responsible for yourself at the end of the day & guys lie about most things to get dick or ass - most guys would do anything.