HPV vaccine after infection

Guest bukkakio

Guest bukkakio

I've tried to get the HPV vaccine but unfortunately in my country it's only available for free for a selected number categories at risk, mostly young men and women. If I were to get it on my own, I'd have to pay the whole thing out of my pocket, which is unfortunately way more than I can afford. Last time I checked, something like 300 Euros per shot, so 900 Euros for the 3 shot treatment recommended.

My doctor mentioned that since I'm way past my teenage years I've already been infected, so there's no point in getting vaccinated now. However I did read some medical reports online of people who had a history of recurring anal warts, namely the vaccine helping a lot in avoiding future breakouts. Anyone having some personal experience would be very welcome. I'm asking if I should insist and look for ways to get the HPV vaccine, if it's a sure way of avoiding another episode of breakout in the near future. 

I have HPV. My doctor tested me to see the strains that I have. Then he vaccinated me against the strains I don't have. And yes I paid the $900 USD for 3 shots over 6 months. But it was worth it to me to be able to protect myself. There are about 100 strains of HPV and 13 of them cause cancer.

• Like 2

The vaccine covers multi types so if you do have one type already it is worth getting.

Be warned some people do have bad reactions to it.

As I said before the western prices are silly for it so if you are serious about it it's cheaper to book flights to Thailand and get treatment also you get a holiday. (this shows what a rip off lots of these countries are and only two companies make this vaccine so you are getting the samething)

Edited by mort