Taipei

lecheroxxl

Hello, I speak from experience, so this won't be as informative as more experienced players would put it...

Cruising Bars :

Being very few of them in Taipei, the only one I know of with a cruising area is Commander D 司令this is more of a fetish club.

Sauna:

Saunas are more popular in Taipei. Those are the saunas I know :

ANIKI : Used to be (still is?) the crown jewel of Taipei gay sauna. fit and young mostly, very new establishment, all kinds of events. Have their own web page if you are interested.

Hans Men's Sauna 漢士三溫暖 : this one is for mixed age and shape, old establishment bur well maintained, very crowded even in mid-weekdays.

Soi 13 in : this one is pretty new, the facility it self is huge, not been there often, more for slim shape ones. 

I/O Taipei Sauna : this one is also new, bears mostly, have special events during weekend evening.

XL Club : old establishment, very small space, more of a fitness training studio with a bar and wet sauna room attached to it.

Palace 皇宮 : very old establishment. Probably one of the oldest ones still exist, elders mostly.

Grand Shanghai Sauna 大上海三溫暖 : don't really have an English name, it's translation only. locate inside of a traditional market. mixed age and shape. 

That is all the info I could put together for now, feel free to message or post if you have any questions.

Edited by Kaiyunyun
  • Upvote 3

Outdoor areas :

There used to be several fixed areas everyone tends to gather consistently, and a bulletin board to track and post activities, but now poisoned by fake posts and advertising and such. I would say not worth doing outdoor cruising, rely too much on chance.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the good info,Kaiyunyun.

I have a question about how upfront Taiwanese are about barebacking because I was browsing profiles in Taipei in Gay Romeo, and almost everyone have in their profile always safe. Thus, I am guessing that they will say they always play safe but when they meet many will be keen on going bare. Is that an accurate assumption?

Well, I guess it's a cultural thing, and you are probably right. Taiwanese are more ... reluctant about fully revealing themselves. And you mentioned planet Romeo, which is still a Date-match first, other fetishes second, site. People might be more conservative because they wish to keep their options opened.  As you mentioned, if "always safe" does not always mean what it means, the status becomes moot. Yes, the society and laws have progressed towards gay rights, but the culture is still harsh against gay people, even the gay community in Taiwan itself sometimes could still be a little judgmental. This prevents some of the fetish activities taking place in Taiwan. It is like, "You want people to respect gays? Be a role-model gay first".

I guess I don't make much sense, sorry for my poor English.

• 2 months later...

I am back from my trip to Taiwan, and I loved it. I liked the country both as a normal travel destination and a sex one. Taiwanese people are probably the most welcoming people on Earth; so different to Europeans and their attitude. I made great friends there. If you are considering traveling to Asia, don't miss Taiwan.

Now, to the important subject on this forum. I think bareback is the rule in Taiwan. I fucked 7 Taiwanese which I met on Planet Romeo and Grindr; I fucked all of them bareback. Only one brought condoms and I told him that I didn't want to use them and he was happy with it.

I didn't have time to visit any sex venue ( I wanted to go to Aniki). But given their willingness to  go bareback, I am pretty sure condoms are rarely use in any sex in Taiwan.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/23/2018 at 2:11 PM, lecheroxxl said:

I am back from my trip to Taiwan, and I loved it. I liked the country both as a normal travel destination and a sex one. Taiwanese people are probably the most welcoming people on Earth; so different to Europeans and their attitude. I made great friends there. If you are considering traveling to Asia, don't miss Taiwan.

Now, to the important subject on this forum. I think bareback is the rule in Taiwan. I fucked 7 Taiwanese which I met on Planet Romeo and Grindr; I fucked all of them bareback. Only one brought condoms and I told him that I didn't want to use them and he was happy with it.

I didn't have time to visit any sex venue ( I wanted to go to Aniki). But given their willingness to  go bareback, I am pretty sure condoms are rarely use in any sex in Taiwan.

Thanks for being our man on the inside:)

Edited by socalboi88
  • Upvote 1