Condoms became a drag. Now a little worried.

Okay guys. So here's the thing. I've been dating this guy for the past 5 months and he's HIV-positive. Here in Brazil we'd call him "safado", meaning he's done things that would grant him the status (the closest I can think of for the word's translation would be "shameless", or if I'm less lightly, slut), but he actually got it from a blood transfusion tied to a surgery. Anyway, we started dating, and after he showed me his viral count was undetectable, we lost the condoms. Here's the thing: we both got our wisdom teeth out at the same week, and soon after, for two days, I felt like shit. Weak, diarrhea, coughing, weakness with alcohol... Sure it all felt somewhat like the flu, but it was just slightly different. Nothing I've ever felt before, and since we were dating, I didn't bother to go to our healthcare system and get prevention meds.

It might be this, might be that, maybe I'm just drinking too much. My grandmother (who lives with me) left to stay for a month with my sister and brother-in-law, so for the whole of September we were together all the time, and we made the most of it. We traveled, we partied and we drank. So maybe I just need nutrition or some water, because he does take his meds religiously and his count is super low. From a medical stand-point, he couldn't possibly transmit anything.

Anyway, I haven't felt the same for the past few days since these two hellish ones. I've never felt this way period. Is there even a remote chance that I could be infected? I want to be prepared. Not only to deal with it in the best way possible, but also to be safe about everything, and making sure my immunity is high. HIV wouldn't destabilize me in a way that I'd become reckless, but it would be better if I had a heads up.

Thanks anyway, and sorry for the ranting.

eng: It might just be the recent lifestyle, and maybe anything different you ate, or any kind of this things. If his viral load count is low there's high chances theres nothing related to HIV. Lets hope for the best. Dont worry.

port: nao se preocupe, vai dar tudo certo :) fica tranquilo, dê umas semanas e faça o teste.

• Upvote 1

The only way to really be sure is to go to a clinic/doctor and get tested. Your partner is poz, so should the unlikely happen and you find yourself also HIV+, surely he can support you through that, give you advice on taking care of yourself and keeping track of meds and check ups. Nice to hear you have been seeing each other for a little while, the first steps are always fun, and personally, yeah in any r/ship, I totally throw caution to the wind and ditch the condoms, cause, let's be honest. Bareback sex is awesome. Hope for the best!

• Upvote 2

P.S. I've never been fucked with a condom. No way, no how! Even during the 80's and 90's I never let a guy fuck me with a condom and I'm still Neg. Luck of the draw I'm sure and I"ve been to the baths and have taken many raw loads at a time.  Love raw cock fucking me. But do get tested and neg to this day; Be safe and have fun. Scream your lungs out when he shoots his load up your ass.