Messages - newest first - how?

dewalt

I think the forum software for this forum is amazing (and the content even better, but that is a different topic). I use many different fora and this one simply stands out with the care and completness all the functions work. COMPLIMENTS.

I am missing the option to reverse date sort messages in a thread by default, so the newest message is on top of a thread.

My feeling this must be user error on my side, due to the completeness of functions on this forum, but I really cannot seem to find it). I will save me definetly a lot of (mobile) clicks.

Anybody?

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: I have never heard of a forum that allowed you to sort messages that way ever (although that may be showing my age ?)

Here is my best suggestion to you. When a thread in a forum has replies you have not seen, there will be an icon to the left of the post that looks like two speech balloons from a comic strip. If you click on that icon, it will take you directly to the first unread post in the thread. 

Also, one speech balloon empty and one filled means you have not posted in the thread. Both balloons filled means you have. The threads that you have posted in that do not have new posts will show the two filled balloons bur greyed out. 

• Like 2

On 10/14/2018 at 5:29 PM, drscorpio said:

When a thread in a forum has replies you have not seen, there will be an icon to the left of the post that looks like two speech balloons from a comic strip. If you click on that icon, it will take you directly to the first unread post in the thread. 

So this was the trick I was missing. THANKS! As usual: great work!!!

• Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.