Life expectency if I get Pozzed at age 50 or older?

Guest FinalDL2021

Guest FinalDL2021

I have given it a lot of thought, and have accepted the risk, a year ago, when I decided to take the plunge and start Bare Backing. I am wondering what my life expectancy will be if I get Pozzed at 50 or older? I live a healthy lifestyle, aside from barebacking. I am a distance runner and do what it takes to keep running: no serious partying, no drugs, accept weed, and poppers socially. Same goes with my alcohol consumption, light social drinking. I put in my time at the gym x-training, as will as running, yet not to excess.

No poppers, no smoking pot, and no alcohol. Take your meds and eat as healthy as you can from regular grocery stores. You can live a normal life beyond 50 quite easily with HIV. 

Should you chase? Definitely not, but if you get it it’s not the end of the world. 

.....probably

If society / the economy collapses you won’t be getting meds, or vitamins, and unless you know a hell of a lot about ham radios, guns or farming you will not be valuable enough to a group for them to feed you

Edited by Pozlover1
  • Like 1

Late 50s, poz for at least 35 years. 

Fit and healthy (also a runner). Good diet, plenty of rest. Mentally sharp, emotionally balanced, spiritually alive.

Plenty of sex, never with rubbers. No apologies, fears or regrets.

Everyone faces challenges of some kind, but life is mostly what you make of it. Cheers.

1 hour ago, Pozlover1 said:

.....probably

If society / the economy collapses you won’t be getting meds, or vitamins, and unless you know a hell of a lot about ham radios, guns or farming you will not be valuable enough to a group for them to feed you

There’s something I worry about every day ?

It should be a consideration. 

As should some sort of religious fanatics taking over the government and executing all gay people.

”it can’t happen here” has been wrongly assumed far more often throughout history than correctly assumed.

• Downvote 1

Guest FinalDL2021
23 hours ago, Pozlover1 said:

No poppers, no smoking pot, and no alcohol. Take your meds and eat as healthy as you can from regular grocery stores. You can live a normal life beyond 50 quite easily with HIV. 

Should you chase? Definitely not, but if you get it it’s not the end of the world. 

.....probably

Thanks was not thinking Doomsday preper.......lol, yet something to keep in the back of my mind.

Guest FinalDL2021
23 hours ago, ProudPozPig said:

Late 50s, poz for at least 35 years. 

Fit and healthy (also a runner). Good diet, plenty of rest. Mentally sharp, emotionally balanced, spiritually alive.

Plenty of sex, never with rubbers. No apologies, fears or regrets.

Everyone faces challenges of some kind, but life is mostly what you make of it. Cheers.

How long where you able to go, before having to get on Meds?

Guest deleted1107

Life is not a given... but I can share that I personally have become extremely fit and trim since I was diagnosed many years ago. Just be you... enjoy life... enjoy sex with another man the way you want... and I think in the end you will live a full life enjoying every day as if it were your last. This very thread is a testament to those who care less about what others think and want... but rather grabs at the soul of the person inside you. Happy life my friend.

Guest Porthos

I'm almost 58 yo and was diagnosed 10 years ago. Luckily I was diagnosed with a CD4 of 511 and a moderate viral load of 47,000 so my immune system was not badly compromised. I started Atripla immediately and have been undetectable ever since with a CD4 between 850 and 1000. I never smoked, not even weed, but I do like poppers. I'm 6'-0", 180. I visit my doc every 6 months which keeps me informed about my health, but also accountable. I was gaining weight a year sgo and decided to get in shape....Lost 25 lbs and now the gym has become a focus in my day.

Those of us with good insurance and accessibility to good health care may outlive our negative friends as we are so closely monitored.

Everyone is different and the true answer depends on many more factors than just meds.  That said I can tell you what my consultant said to me, if you maintain a healthy regime and are going on meds you will be monitored more closely than most ‘healthy’ people.  Chances are good that if anything does come along healthwise it will be picked up sooner.

I was told to expect to see his retirement and then my own quite comfortably.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2