No more prep for me soon

Guest kazore

Hello

I won't have health insurance starting November which mean I will have to stop prep like mid November.

I party often and love to take dicks. I don't want to use condoms again.

What strategy should I adopt? Go only withundetectable guys, guys in prep? 

Im afraid that if im high I could go in a sexclub or a video store and take any dicks, just for the crazyness. It is hit  hard thinking of it but  risky. 

The question is how long will I remain neg? A friend of mine says I'll become poz in 2 months.

After stopping prep, after how long the protection stop?

I'll keep you posted how it goes. I feel like I was never that close to get pozzed.

Things to do:

1. HPV-9 vaccination;
  2. Hepatitis A + B vaccination;
  3. https://nomorec.nl/en ;
  4. Do not overdo cleaning and always use a nourishing cream after the shower, in order to keep the skin always soft and supple, thus reducing the risk of micro-cracks and similar;
  5. Do raw sex with negative or undetectable guys (pretend to see updated tests) only.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BBBoyfromTN

Check with gay groups in your area and see if any provide Prep for free for at-risk individuals (such as sex workers, unemployed, etc). In Atlanta there was such a group that some of my sexually active HS buds went to and got on. I also have buds who are sex workers who got on it too. Honestly, the best thing to do is to stop having bareback sex. That's a huge ask and probably not realistic. Lets be honest...once you bareback its hard to go back to safe. You can stick to guys on Prep and undetectable guys, but guys lie and how do you really know they're on Prep or undetectable? Guys are less likely to lie about being undetectable so that's a safer bet. Stop doing anon and hook ups is another thing to do and stay out of sex clubs, ABSs, and such. How long you'll be covered from lingering amounts of Prep is an unknown. But once off Prep you run a really high risk of pozzing because old behavior is hard break. I have a bud who couldn't afford the copay on Prep and stopped taking it. He limited himself to only playing with his regular fuck buds and stopped cruising the gym, bathrooms, and anon hookups. He still wound up getting pozzed because he'd never asked his regular fuck buds their statuses...that was the whole point of being on Prep. So one or more of them is poz and he has no idea which ones. He hasn't told any of his fuck buds he pozzed out of guilt, shame, and embarrassment so he's likely spreading it to the others not on Prep now. He can't afford the HIV meds now either so he's now back to fucking around like he was when he was on Prep...just anytime, anywhere. He's young and super hot so he has no problems finding guys who want to get fucked or to fuck him and doesn't feel guilty. It only took him six months off Prep to get poz so it does happen quickly even if you modify behaviors.

On 11/10/2018 at 4:52 PM, BBBoyfromTN said:

He's young and super hot so he has no problems finding guys who want to get fucked or to fuck him and doesn't feel guilty. It only took him six months off Prep to get poz so it does happen quickly even if you modify behaviors.

So, uh... What's his number? Asking for a friend. ?

• Upvote 3

There is no telling when, or if, you will convert after stopping prep. I' ve been barebacking longer than most members here have been alive. I have random anonymous sex pretty much every day. At the monthly Cumunion party, I take all the loads I can--average about 10, but has been as many as 40. I've never caught anything. But one of my housemates started barebacking a few months ago. He tested positive for the whole sti panel as well as HIV last month. You never know. FWIW, I don't see PrEP as a great benefit for anyone except partners of those taking it and the manufacturer. For those taking it, you get the same side effects as someone using the same medication for treatment. But you get them sooner. I can get PrEP for free, but I choose not to. Barebacking without stress and being a cumdump is not difficult if you do the math. Which is worth more to you? Enjoying sex as often and as much as possible, or ingesting pharmaceuticals that may protect you from one of the nearly infinite possible causes of death by exposing you to at least 1 more, or abstinence. For me, it's simple. I'm a slut and not being so would bother me more than becoming a poz slut.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, just_mike69 said:

How is prep toxic? 

I wouldn't go so far to say PrEP is toxic, but I had a severe reaction to it that had my doctors take me off it. It's not perfect, but I still think everyone who's considering taking it should take it; it's a great drug and the proportion of people having reactions to it are very small. Worst case, you know you're allergic to it, and you still have fun. In most cases it'll allow people to play how they want without the same risks as people who aren't on it.

2 hours ago, iosam said:

I wouldn't go so far to say PrEP is toxic, but I had a severe reaction to it that had my doctors take me off it. It's not perfect, but I still think everyone who's considering taking it should take it; it's a great drug and the proportion of people having reactions to it are very small. Worst case, you know you're allergic to it, and you still have fun. In most cases it'll allow people to play how they want without the same risks as people who aren't on it.

PrEP is the most secure and effective way currently available on earth to prevent HIV infection until a true vaccine will arrive (hopefully in the next 3 years).

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 5:13 AM, kazore said:

Hello

I won't have health insurance starting November which mean I will have to stop prep like mid November.

I party often and love to take dicks. I don't want to use condoms again.

What strategy should I adopt? Go only withundetectable guys, guys in prep? 

Im afraid that if im high I could go in a sexclub or a video store and take any dicks, just for the crazyness. It is hit  hard thinking of it but  risky. 

The question is how long will I remain neg? A friend of mine says I'll become poz in 2 months.

After stopping prep, after how long the protection stop?

I'll keep you posted how it goes. I feel like I was never that close to get pozzed.

You can buy prep online for super cheap...just like all name brand drugs.

I CAN NOT VOUCH...but I saw someone posted

purchase-prep.com

earlier tonight.

5 hours ago, Veytoss said:

Can you point to some PubMed articles showing PrEP is "toxic" as you say?

If you are on a full HAART regimen, or the half regimen that is PrEP, you are advised to avoid Pomegranet juice, Grape Seed Extract and anything else that “flushes out toxins”.

You are also advised to stop smoking,  drinking and drug use because “your body is already dealing with all the toxins it can take”

You are advised to not waste money on expensive Whole Foods Market food unless you are extremely wealthy,  just read the ingredients and eat as healthy as you can from  normal grocery stores, because “nothing in grocery stores  is as toxic as the meds you are taking”.

There is influence to not use that word among the Health Care Industry because people are being encouraged to take the drugs to stop the spread.

Guidelines have changed from “wait until your CD4 drops below 450” to “start taking meds as soon as you test Poz” because stopping the spread to society  has a higher priority than your individual health. 

Edited by Pozlover1
  • Downvote 1

Thank You for your reply!

Can You link me some official documents about what you wrote?

On the official CDC FAQ page I read:

Does taking PrEP long-term have harmful health effects?

In people who are HIV-negative and have taken PrEP for up to 5 years, no significant health effects have been seen.