No more prep for me soon

Guest kazore

No I subscribed to Poz Magazine from 2001-2008  and watched the treatments and attitudes change.

there were “no” chasers then, and very few strict guidelines for doctors.

I have been on meds going on 18 years and I have no ill effects other than the usual side effects. 

One reason for delaying treatment was the spectre of wearing out regimens, which apparently either has been fixed or was caused by skipping doses. 

Perhaps “toxic” is too strong a word although by definition correct, or there would be no side effects. 

The Roundup in Cheerios and the Propylene Glycol in cheap ice cream, restaurant ketchup and offbrand toaster pastries are more apt to cause permanent damage than either PrEP or HAART.

• 2 weeks later...

stopping prep can be also a reason to just continue bb and convert.

I'm not here yet but the idea goes through my mind. If by any chance I party after I stopped prep, it is going to make me want to take  loads for sure.

how long after stopping prep the protection goes away?

Edited by kazore

Guest cardoc49
On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:41 PM, BillyBareback said:

There is no telling when, or if, you will convert after stopping prep. I' ve been barebacking longer than most members here have been alive. I have random anonymous sex pretty much every day. At the monthly Cumunion party, I take all the loads I can--average about 10, but has been as many as 40. I've never caught anything. But one of my housemates started barebacking a few months ago. He tested positive for the whole sti panel as well as HIV last month. You never know. FWIW, I don't see PrEP as a great benefit for anyone except partners of those taking it and the manufacturer. For those taking it, you get the same side effects as someone using the same medication for treatment. But you get them sooner. I can get PrEP for free, but I choose not to. Barebacking without stress and being a cumdump is not difficult if you do the math. Which is worth more to you? Enjoying sex as often and as much as possible, or ingesting pharmaceuticals that may protect you from one of the nearly infinite possible causes of death by exposing you to at least 1 more, or abstinence. For me, it's simple. I'm a slut and not being so would bother me more than becoming a poz slut.

thanks so very much for your very clever and open and deepfelt and personal message - we certainly can learn a lot here from you:-)

yes: you are such a cool slut and that is your focus, that is what makes you live and allow you to be PROUD

Guest BBBoyfromTN
On 11/12/2018 at 3:23 AM, raw773 said:

So, uh... What's his number? Asking for a friend. ?

I haven't asked him what his number is. It came up in conversation as a mutual friend was going to be visiting and he let slip they couldn't fuck. I'd followed up and he came clean about testing poz. I was shocked because he'd been on Prep since not long after it'd come out and he was always boastful of how he could take any load and didn't have to worry about getting pozzed. I can only guess he has a detectable VL as he tested poz but haven't asked the specifics. I'm not out as poz with him (I'm actually not out about my status with almost anyone quite honestly) and didn't really want to get into all that with him. Truth be told I'm kind of ashamed about getting pozzed as I could have gone on Prep when he did but chose not to. It's a choice I wish I didn't make but I have to own that now.

There are free PREP programs throughout the country thru local governments, Charities, etc.  I also think you can get PREP for free or deeply discounted through the manufacturer.  They have a bunch of programs you can sign up for depending upon your financial situation, etc. 

it’s gonna be much easier to get free or cheap PREP (truvada) now than actual HIV meds a little later!  Don’t be a fool.  

On 10/22/2018 at 8:46 AM, Veytoss said:

Things to do:

1. HPV-9 vaccination;
  2. Hepatitis A + B vaccination;
  3. https://nomorec.nl/en ;
  4. Do not overdo cleaning and always use a nourishing cream after the shower, in order to keep the skin always soft and supple, thus reducing the risk of micro-cracks and similar;
  5. Do raw sex with negative or undetectable guys (pretend to see updated tests) only.

Also, find a guy you REALLY like and ask him to fuck you as much as humanly possible every day

• Upvote 1

I chased for 4 years before I got it and I was actively seeking out poz guys. It can take a very long time. But it sounds like you know you are going to be fucking raw with poz guys, and if you're already admitting that, you're going to get it at some point. I would love to be in that position again. Poz loads not on prep are the hottest loads you'll take.

• 1 month later...

hey ive been out of prep since december 30th. 

ive been good so far. no risk taken.

i wanna party tonight. i know it is going to make me bb. i know shouldn't do it but the power of the mind is stronger.  if i  slam i'm going to take any loads. i have mixed feeling.

10 minutes ago, kazore said:

hey ive been out of prep since december 30th. 

ive been good so far. no risk taken.

i wanna party tonight. i know it is going to make me bb. i know shouldn't do it but the power of the mind is stronger.  if i  slam i'm going to take any loads. i have mixed feeling.

In my opinion meth is worse than HIV. 

I can get on Prep but choose not to. I’m in my mid 60’s and so far negative. I can go on Prep and get all the side effects as one who is being treated for HIV. I also have the additional risk of kidney damage. Suppose I do become positive with no treatment it usually takes 8-10 years, maybe even longer, before I become symptomatic. I’ll be well into my late 70’s if I don’t succumb to something else before. If I decide to take an antiviral after testing positive it probably wouldn’t become an issue for me at all

Am I right in my thinking ? 

Of course if I was in my 40’s or 50’s I would take Prep but that’s not the case. I guess that is one of the advantages of getting old 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Guest Memphian

From PrEP users I have talked to, and my own experience, I think the side effects are often overstated.   I never had anything noticeable.   I quit taking it when the doctor told me to due to a low platelet count and low blood sugar.  I suppose she thought these could be side effects but I can't find any mention of them in any of the literature so I suspect it's unrelated.  I do need to follow up and see how those count are now that I've been off for a couple of months. 

On 12/2/2018 at 5:15 PM, BBBoyfromTN said:

I haven't asked him what his number is. It came up in conversation as a mutual friend was going to be visiting and he let slip they couldn't fuck. I'd followed up and he came clean about testing poz. I was shocked because he'd been on Prep since not long after it'd come out and he was always boastful of how he could take any load and didn't have to worry about getting pozzed. I can only guess he has a detectable VL as he tested poz but haven't asked the specifics. I'm not out as poz with him (I'm actually not out about my status with almost anyone quite honestly) and didn't really want to get into all that with him. Truth be told I'm kind of ashamed about getting pozzed as I could have gone on Prep when he did but chose not to. It's a choice I wish I didn't make but I have to own that now.

We all have to live with choices we made and becoming positive. I know i do every day.  It’s going to eat u alive being ashamed and don’t  let hiv define you. Living with this not easy but there is a way forward being positive