OFF FOR A BIT

Be a little bit now before I can post some more story continuances.  Have a gov. free phone and it was turned off for some reason.  Getting it restarted but have to wait until I get some info mailed to them first.  Meanwhile I had saved all my stories on Yahoo and for some reason it logged me off and is now telling me I am trying to log in on an unknown computer (same one I have used for over two years now) and it won't log me in without my damn cell phone to confirm with.  Dumb ass sites anymore with absolutely stupid rules at times.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

boy4,   This is a cell phone, free from Government, and the only one I use.  I have no work phone as I am retired now.  Yahoo only accepts cell numbers for some stupid reason.  I do have a home phone, land line if you will, also, but they won't accept it.  Just more of their crazy.  This is about the 5th or 6th time Yahoo has done this but this time my phone is off for some reason and Tracphone  wants new confirmation of my retirement and have to get it as my wallet was stolen and am in the process of getting new IDs and takes sometimes 2 to 3 weeks to get those in the mail.   Hate thieves around here as have had in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 THOUSAND dollars worth of my property disappear, and nothing recovered, in the last 5 years.  Mark everything and lock up everything and it still disappears.  Car stolen a while back also, but got it back.

11 minutes ago, MackyJay said:

boy4,   This is a cell phone, free from Government, and the only one I use.  I have no work phone as I am retired now.  Yahoo only accepts cell numbers for some stupid reason.  I do have a home phone, land line if you will, also, but they won't accept it.  Just more of their crazy.  This is about the 5th or 6th time Yahoo has done this but this time my phone is off for some reason and Tracphone  wants new confirmation of my retirement and have to get it as my wallet was stolen and am in the process of getting new IDs and takes sometimes 2 to 3 weeks to get those in the mail.   Hate thieves around here as have had in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 THOUSAND dollars worth of my property disappear, and nothing recovered, in the last 5 years.  Mark everything and lock up everything and it still disappears.  Car stolen a while back also, but got it back.

Damn, Macky, thought my hood was bad fro a small village here, but sounds as if you need a 24/7 security guard, have a brand new AR-15 I got as of this last spring, never had one down the pipe yet, will volunteer to come up and stand guard !!  lol

homo60:   They also stole my rifles, one of which had been my father's and left to me in his will.   Have police do random drive bys and it still happens.  Worst thing is we can't find a breakin, seems like inside job,  Have a daughter and her boyfriend around a lot and unfortunately both have records as long as my arms and legs.  Think that is where the stuff is going and none has turned up in any pawn shops around here either.

I thought yahoo had two methods you could use one being phone number and the other being another email account.

I know this because i didn't put my phone number for my yahoo account i refuse to use this method but it does look like a lot of online places are trying to force this method. (when you get access again check the security settings)

All this technology we have and you still have to mess about waiting for them it should be done within a day lucky it's not your life line