Fantasy vs Reality

So I've been coming on this forum for little over two years and the stories and entries get me super horny and often cum thinking about it. However these are only fantasies at this time. Though I love barebacking I've only done it with I know a  guys I knew were negative for all stds. I have dreamt of going to the local bathhouse (steamworks) and getting as much cum as I can. But the idea of contracting hiv or other stds have hindered me. 

What's has prompted you to change the fantasy into a reality? 

Are you worried about getting stds even though you love barebacking?

Going on PrEp, how long after starting it will it become effective?

Generally what is the cost of PrEp without insurance?

Is anyone secretly barebacking? Even though they are in a committed relationship with someone else?

And steps you've taken to decrease and/or increase odds of obtaining any stds including hiv? 

The aids/hiv threat trauma is real.  That fear has been drilled into our psyches for decades.  For me, PrEP really shed light on just how traumatized and paralyzed I was from that fear.  Never being able to have sex without an agonizing fear of exposure and infection.  PrEP is fantastic,  I feel free to fuck within acceptable risk and enjoy what life has to offer as a gay bottom guy.  There are other stds that can be caught.  Most can be cured, others managed.  I already have genital herpes - which is really no big deal (the stigma is ten times worse than the actual condition - which is just an infrequent skin condition, really), so my risk of catching anything incurable is almost nothing.  PrEP is a game changer and it allows a lot of us to realize true freedom of what being gay is about.  You can indulge your natural cum slut tendencies without regret, fear or shame.   With most insurance, you can get PrEP for around $50-$70 a month...not bad for the piece of mind you get with it.   I have tons of barebacking sex now and it's absolutely wonderful.  Sex is fun and healthy and should be a big part of everyone's life. Go forth and fuck my friend.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PrEP was also a game changer for me. I now bareback with confidence. I pay nothing for the drug because the drug company covers my co-pays. Without insurance, the drug company offers PrEP free to low-income and working people.  Generics can be bought for about $50 a month.  Lab tests can be provided at a local low-income health provider if you do not have insurance. Check out the list of PrEP providers from the AIDS Foundation of Chicago.  Many serve people without insurance. 

As a sexually active gay male, I accept the possibility of getting an STD. It goes with the territory.   I am prepared to deal with it and manage the issue if it arises. Buddy, life is not riskless. Minimize the biggest risk, such as with PrEP, and deal with the others. 

3 minutes ago, Bdsmslut said:

So I've been coming on this forum for little over two years and the stories and entries get me super horny and often cum thinking about it. However these are only fantasies at this time. Though I love barebacking I've only done it with I know a  guys I knew were negative for all stds. I have dreamt of going to the local bathhouse (steamworks) and getting as much cum as I can. But the idea of contracting hiv or other stds have hindered me. 

What's has prompted you to change the fantasy into a reality? 

Are you worried about getting stds even though you love barebacking?

Going on PrEp, how long after starting it will it become effective?

Generally what is the cost of PrEp without insurance?

Is anyone secretly barebacking? Even though they are in a committed relationship with someone else?

And steps you've taken to decrease and/or increase odds of obtaining any stds including hiv? 

Guess I'll be upfront to extend my neck out and try to give a few answers to this as best as I can from my personal experience with it.

First off, I still really don't know and understand what prompted it to change from a fantasy into reality and being truthful about it, many guys will tell you the same.  It all begins as a dream and fantasy and usually becomes a means of getting off with that fantasy for a period of time and, for myself, that happened for several years, but never in my wildest did I ever believe that I'd be totally comfortable in actually taking a guys raw loads and not ever worrying about it anymore. After sometime and a lot of reading and hearing other guys stories and claims, the fantasy began to turn into dreams and visions of reality for myself and the desires began to grow and take over about actually doing and going for it, and finally it came down to the decision. 

I as did many decided on the PreP to begin with to try to become comfortable with the idea of taking loads without the worry of HIV, but still knowing that other STD's were a possibility, but most of them are treatable as we all know. I began the PreP, but after between 30 and 60 days in, I began to have adverse kidney and liver side effects, so it then became the decision to stop it and if I was willing to go without it and continue on.  Mind you that by that time I had already taken enough raw and anonymous loads to become comfortable with the " No questions asked attitude",  and was addicted to taking it that way and not worrying anymore. It was at this point that with my age, I just said " Fuck it" and decided that it wasn't worth the worry anymore and began really going out and getting fucked at the baths and taking any and all cocks that wanted to fuck a tired old ass like mine and allowing nature to take it's course and where ever it ends up with me. 

i see some of this already in your thoughts also in what you posted, so beware, once the ideas are planted and begin to grow, fantasy tends to begin to become a reality in time and is a different time span for various guys, but it does culminate over time.

The usual recommendations average for the period for PreP to become effective and this id usually monitored by your prescribing doctor, is from 7 to 10 days fro total saturation to come up to safe protection levels, but there is all kinds of different theories and information on this, but it is monitored by tests by the physician to be on the safe side. the costs of Prep vary from where you obtain it and there are also help plans from the manufacturer's if you qualify, so this requires study on your part to find the deals and plans.

cain't express anything on committed relationships, have not and do not desire to be in one here, but have heard and read many stories about it here and else where, so once again, you have to research it out for yourself.

As far as increasing the odds of obtaining/contracting, haven't done anything in particular myself, other than just opening up and putting myself "out there", and began accepting any and all loads at the baths or book stores or where ever the possibilities crop up and not refusing any guys loads and not asking questions.

3 hours ago, aries7 said:

The aids/hiv threat trauma is real.  That fear has been drilled into our psyches for decades.  For me, PrEP really shed light on just how traumatized and paralyzed I was from that fear.  Never being able to have sex without an agonizing fear of exposure and infection.  PrEP is fantastic,  I feel free to fuck within acceptable risk and enjoy what life has to offer as a gay bottom guy.  There are other stds that can be caught.  Most can be cured, others managed.  I already have genital herpes - which is really no big deal (the stigma is ten times worse than the actual condition - which is just an infrequent skin condition, really), so my risk of catching anything incurable is almost nothing.  PrEP is a game changer and it allows a lot of us to realize true freedom of what being gay is about.  You can indulge your natural cum slut tendencies without regret, fear or shame.   With most insurance, you can get PrEP for around $50-$70 a month...not bad for the piece of mind you get with it.   I have tons of barebacking sex now and it's absolutely wonderful.  Sex is fun and healthy and should be a big part of everyone's life. Go forth and fuck my friend.

Before Acyclovir us ancient sluts did the “no Arginine” thing for Herpes.

NO:

Chocolate / Carob 

Tree nuts (peanuts are a bean)

Cola / Root Beer/ Dr. Pepper

Figs / Dates

and Marascino Cherries because they are made with Almond oil

Yes you need some Arginine to live. You’ll get enough.

Cover it up with 500 mg Lysine 2X / day it’s great for your skin anyway...

yeah, I do the 500mg lysine 2x a day.  Herpes is totally manageable.  If you are one of the small percentage who actually have symptoms, you get warnings before hand (prodromal symptoms) to tell you to take your meds and the meds are so good that they kick it often with one dose before you even have a outbreak (although they tell you to take it for three days).  What other conditions come with warnings?  So simple to deal with.  I drink a lot of Diet Dr. Pepper and I never get outbreaks.

Edited by aries7

9 hours ago, aries7 said:

Before Acyclovir us ancient sluts did the “no Arginine” thing for Herpes.

2 hours ago, aries7 said:

NO:

Chocolate / Carob 

Tree nuts (peanuts are a bean)

Cola / Root Beer/ Dr. Pepper

Figs / Dates

and Marascino Cherries because they are made with Almond oil

Yes you need some Arginine to live. You’ll get enough.

Cover it up with 500 mg Lysine 2X / day it’s great for your skin anyway...

Edited by Pozlover1

• 1 month later...

Dear @Bdsmslut I fully understand your desires and your fears, it's absolutely normal, so don't worry :)

You need to ask yourself:

- Can I accept the risk of catching some STDs?

- Is it the pleasure of going bareback worth it?

Only You know the answer :)

If you want to make it more often (or always bareback) I suggest to take all the actions to lower as much as possible the risk of catching STDs, You can start from this post :)

Have fun!

I started PrEP and haven’t looked back. There was always the question, guilt etc, now I have none of that. As for STDs, as everyone mentions, curable or you can manage them, I’d rather catch that then becoming poz, not saying it might never happen, if it does I will personally know that I did everything I could to protect myself.

as for Steamworks, I adventured to Seattle’s one, I had the desire to leave with cum dripping out my ass. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. I did get fucked by 6 different guys, only one dumped his load in me. The rest pounded my hole and moved on, not saying I didn’t enjoy every minute, I did. Even had one guy start taking he was going to dump his load in me, didn’t know his stats, did I want it? Loved telling him to give it to me! 

Had my 3 month check Shortly after my big adventure, all clean and neg. I can share that once on PrEP it is freedom, I never ask anymore, not that I have a great selection where I live, but knowing that I can have a load in my ass by someone I don’t know, magic!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

It took quite a while to make the decision to bareback. If I was attracted to a man I didn’t know AND trust I insisted on condoms. I had several long term friends that I trusted and we barebacked to completion. Over the years, I’ve constructed a group of friends with whom I have sex...many know one another so we’ll have several Tops and Bottoms taking turns.  To this day, I’m negative. I do not allow strangers to bareback me or accepts loads from strangers in my mouth. I’m comfortable with the choices I’ve made.