Pharmacist Embarrasses Customers. What do you all think of this?

Guest nastymindindeed69

Guest nastymindindeed69

i found this episode of this show called What Would You Do?

https://abcnews.go.com/WhatWouldYouDo/video/careless-pharmacist-embarrasses-patients-39950339

it's all staged/acting but this episode was about a pharmacist who is embarrassing her customers and talking about them having herpes and saying it out loud for everyone to hear. i honestly thought it was funny though. I actually have a fetish for herpes myself, but im just curious, what does everyone here think of it? 

Guest nastymindindeed69
1 minute ago, boy4you said:

I live in the West Village of NYC with  large Gay population and the  pharmacy we use is  discreet  about what you are picking up. If someone did that to me I would ask them to be fired. 

it's not real. those are all actors. it's stagged

As long as I didn't personally know any of the other customers, I think I'd actually get a small thrill out of having a bunch of strangers consider my slutty behaviour. Similar to how, in my hometown, I try to be discreet when I visit the bathhouse, sex shops, massage parlours, etc. But when I'm visiting other cities, I get off on other people seeing me come and go from seedy venues. I like the thought of them wondering what kind of pervy things I've been up to inside. Sometimes, if there's nobody around, I'll even linger outside until someone comes along to see me go in.

Guest daddyloadny

I remember how mortified I was in my young twenties when I had to buy Rid (crab shampoo) at the drugstore.

I would buy a whole bunch of other items I did not need to make the Rid less conspicuous.

The behaviors demonstrated in the video segment are clear (and egregious) violations of the Privacy Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), which covers health care providers who work with patients’ Personally Identifiable Information (PII), including pharmacies. Violations may result in civil fines from $100 for a single violation to up to a total of $1.5 million for identical violations in a calendar year. Employers are required to have a policy regarding discipline for employees who violate HIPAA. Disciplinary measures may range from a verbal warning to dismissal.

A pharmacy with an employee like the one on the video would be exposed to civil suit for violating HIPAA, and could theoretically rack up fines increasing in severity every time the employee said something in violation. The employer would also be in violation of the Act if it did not have a HIPAA discipline policy, or failed to follow or enforce that policy.

In short, that pharmacist would be a potentially serious financial and legal liability to the pharmacy, and it is unlikely that she would keep her job if she continued to behave in that way. The best course of action in such a situation would be to demand to speak to the manager and complain that the behavior is illegal under HIPAA and that you expect it to stop immediately. If it happens again, report it. If it causes you financial harm, have an attorney get their attention.

Of course, this is a U.S. law and only applies in the United States - I don’t know about laws in other countries.

Edited by ErosWired
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A situation almost identical to this happen some years back here near where I live and with a lady friend that I had.  We were out one day and I took her by the local CVS to pick up a prescription for one of her daughters and while going through the process at the pharmacy counter and waiting in line with several other customers, one of the people behind the counter, stated to the lady I was with, " You do know this is preventable, don't you, you need to have a long talk with your daughter about her sexual practices!! ".  This all took place with about six other customers hearing it all at the time.

I knew the manager of that particular CVS pharmacy and told him about it the next time I talked with him a couple of days later, he went through the ceiling about it and promptly went back through the video's and audio that they have of the counter transactions and promptly dismissed the person, that had made the statement in front of the other customers like that !!

• 3 weeks later...