It's always the LGBTQ

Cutedelicategay

Off late I have been reading quite a lot and hearing quite a lot from authentic sources that Men having sex with men(MSM) are at higher risk of acquiring diseases than the heterosexual counterparts. Two reasons I can think off my head are consistent condom use to avoid paying unwanted child care and less promiscuity as hetero hook ups are difficult than gay hookups.

Any other thoughts plz....no bashing please just a mature discussion.

Guys’ sex organs are external and guys have a physical need to empty their prostate.

Girls have emotional needs but no physical necessity to have sex.

Girls’ sex organs are internal and there is always emotion attached to sex. 

Girls  use sex to filfill emotional needs first and physical  pleasure second. The sex is secondary to snagging a mate. 

Guys’ emotions are more detached from the sex so promiscuity with people they will never see again and don’t even know their name is easier for them. 

1 hour ago, Pozlover1 said:

Guys’ sex organs are external and guys have a physical need to empty their prostate.

Girls have emotional needs but no physical necessity to have sex.

Girls’ sex organs are internal and there is always emotion attached to sex. 

Girls  use sex to filfill emotional needs first and physical  pleasure second. The sex is secondary to snagging a mate. 

Guys’ emotions are more detached from the sex so promiscuity with people they will never see again and don’t even know their name is easier for them. 

When people find out that I have sex with men, MSM, many assume that the reason is because I am attracted to men and not to women. No, what attracts me to men is the way men like having sex, anonymous, no-strings-attached. I don't particularly like the way women deal with sex.

• Upvote 1

I think there are some cultural/community influences at work.

For instance, monogamy.  Do we think that the LGBTQ crowd or the hetero crowd practices this more?  Just a thought. 

When we gay men "come out",  some of us go through a "slut stage" to make up for what we've been resisting, right?  Heterosexuals don't necessarily have this. 

The gay community has places like bathhouses and sex clubs where we can go pretty easily to easily find sex.  The corresponding equivalent would be swingers clubs in the hetero world. However, in my experience experimenting with the swinger crowd, it doesn't seem as though they are as "easy" as a bathhouse would be (i.e. a couple at a swingers club may still want to flirt with a guy and talk/dance before they take him to a private room...I've never really heard of a woman laying in a private room with her legs spread willing to take on anyone, like a bottom at a bathhouse can do - but I may be wrong). 

As someone else mentioned before...hetero sex can lead to pregnancy.  We gays (and lesbians) don't have to worry about that, thus I think we're more likely to do unprotected sex (both straights and gays have the STI's to worry about, though). 

No man likes to wear a condom.  That's a fact of life, and any woman who's relying on a guy to wear a rubber is a fool.  Most women know this, so they go on the pill or use an IUD or whatever if they are sexually active.

I think the higher STD rates among gay guys have to do with extreme promiscuity mostly.  I've spoken with straight guys who think a girl is a massive slut if she's had sex with 50 guys in her lifetime.  For many gay guys, it's within the realm of possibility to have sex with that many men in a weekend under the right circumstances (at least if you're young and hot enough and lack standards).  There's just no comparison.  Gay men can and do routinely rack up Wilt Chamberlain type numbers over the course of a lifetime.  Partly, I think it's just how male sexuality is; many straight guys would act in the same way if they could.  Partly, I think it's because that's how a lot of us get our sense of validation; we feel valued as people if a hot guy is willing to have sex.

The other thing I'd suggest is that we have higher substance abuse rates than the general population.  Again, hard to say way, but my anecdotal observation is that that seems to be true.  And, of course, if you're drunk or high, you're generally more likely to make decisions that will end up with you having sex.  Hell, way back in the day, I'd drink in order to work up the courage to approach that hot man in a bar, or walk into a bathhouse or sex club.  And, of course, if you're drunk or high, you're much more likely to bareback with a stranger.  Lack of inhibitions and all that.

Finally, culture does play a role.  Straight people are still heavily encouraged to be monogamous within marriage (and within relationships outside of marriage for that matter).  Not everyone is, of course, but swingers are still the exception.  And even if a straight person does "cheat" they still generally buy into the idea of monogamy as an ideal.  For gay guys, monogamy is entirely optional.  There is no opprobrium is a married couple wants an open relationship.  To some degree it's may even be expected at some point.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/17/2018 at 12:23 PM, Cutedelicategay said:

Off late I have been reading quite a lot and hearing quite a lot from authentic sources that Men having sex with men(MSM) are at higher risk of acquiring diseases than the heterosexual counterparts. Two reasons I can think off my head are consistent condom use to avoid paying unwanted child care and less promiscuity as hetero hook ups are difficult than gay hookups.

Any other thoughts plz....no bashing please just a mature discussion.

Your premise about consistent condom use to avoid unwanted child support is completely wrong.