Finally got tested today

concerned1

I started barebacking in 2013 and have fucked somewhere in the region of 100 to 200 guys raw. Never bottomed, only top. Not tested since about early 2014. Have been so fearful of testing but today I was brave and actually went and for tested for everything ...and also got my first HPV jab (I already had the Hep B jabs back in 2013). I'll have my results within 10 days time. I'm scared, but it's beyond my control now. I'm uncut, and for that reason, I'm prepared for (and am expecting) a poz result. If I was cut then I'd be fairly confident in testing neg...alas, I'm not. If I've avoided HIV it will be a miracle , I'm almost certain I know what the result will be. The doc and nurse spoke to me about getting on PrEP (an appointment has been made for me in January to go back and have s meeting with someone who will also give me the PrEP then and there on that day). That all sounds good...but rather strange they were talking about that and booked me in before even knowing my current status! 

Edited by concerned1

Guest Memphian
52 minutes ago, skylon said:

to relieve the anxiety you could go to a pharmacy and buy an oraquick kit....You'll know your status within 20 minutes

Exactly.  The doctor I see does some type of instant test using my blood.  I always have my HIV results before I leave.  The other stuff takes a day or so.

Guest descartes70817

I had to wait two weeks between registering and testing at my clinic before I started treatment but that was after I knew I was HIV+ . They need to identify the type of virus. Type 1 is most common in the USA while Type 2 is more common in Africa. Then they need to know what adaptations the virus has made that would provide resistance to a particular medication. They also have to test for certain DNA types in you to make sure the treatment doesn't kill you.

Guest Porthos

If you were to test positive they would do a more sophisticated test called a western blot for confirmation......I thought all clinics offer instant testing these days

2 hours ago, skylon said:

If you were to test positive they would do a more sophisticated test called a western blot for confirmation......I thought all clinics offer instant testing these days

There is a clinic that does rapid testing where you get the results literally within seconds of a finger prick, but sadly that clinic was fully booked up. I didn't want to wait so I got tested at a clinic where unfortunately they don't offer rapid testing.

Guest descartes70817

The clinic I use provided rapid testing and counseling for my wife when she drove me to my first appointment. They took my details and gave me some booklets and drew a lot of tubes of blood, with my follow-up appointment two weeks later. That said when I was diagnosed my CD4 cell count was in the low 30s, so they needed to know how much more of my body I've fucked up by destroying my immune system. 

Got my results today. The clinic sent me a text asking me to call them. I did, and they told me I was negative for HIV but I had tested positive for both gonorrhea and syphilis. Going to the clinic at 9am tomorrow morning to collect my treatment for both diseases. Quite frightening to think that I have syphilis, a disease which, had antibiotics not been developed, would probably eventually result in serious complications leading to my death (I understand syphilis was the "AIDS of its day"). Getting on PrEP and can't wait.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, concerned1 said:

Got my results today. The clinic sent me a text asking me to call them. I did, and they told me I was negative for HIV but I had tested positive for both gonorrhea and syphilis. Going to the clinic at 9am tomorrow morning to collect my treatment for both diseases. Quite frightening to think that I have syphilis, a disease which, had antibiotics not been developed, would probably eventually result in serious complications leading to my death (I understand syphilis was the "AIDS of its day"). Getting on PrEP and can't wait.  

Congrats mate. I’ve been following your journey on here for some time. Now go get on Prep and get on with breeding ass without the anxiety!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/27/2018 at 11:15 AM, concerned1 said:

On 11/27/2018 at 11:15 AM, concerned1 said:

So about all the comments of you being 100% sure you were poz..... ?

from now on get on prep, get regular sti tests, so you don’t spread annoying shit like syphilis, and just live your life! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Concerned1:

I know your experience as back in October I had been diagnosed with both of those. I had been feeling run down and sharp joont pains for what seemed like 6 months and I finally paid for a quest diagnostics test of everything. I had pretty much figured on the syph and when I got results back from quest, it confirmed it. My titer test came back 1:16. I had progressed into the second stage with a rash showing up. 

I had been told about an organization in SF that tested and treated everything, so I crossed the bay and went through their testing process where they tested both ends of me. I told them about my quest results and told them my symptoms and they treated me for syph and gono. The hiv test came back negative while I was there and I was told the other tests would take at least 2 days for results, but they were willing to treat without results. I was grateful for the treatment as I came back with oral gono.

The treatment did make me sick as a dog that day(wasn’t feeling great to begin with), but within 24 hours I was feeling better than I had been in at least 3 months.

I took a follow up test for syph 2 months later and although I still tested positive, my titer was down to 1:4 which indicates (I was told)?a decrease in its presence in my body and as time goes on, it should eventually show as non reactive eventually. 

Who ever I got it from, I hit a decent jackpot of both. Not interested in getting either one again. The 2 calls from the local health department were unnerving as they were fishing for info I didn’t want to give them.

Get treated and you feel better physically and emotionally. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1