Finally got tested today

concerned1

@Breedthisslut Thanks for sharing your story. My doctor said she thinks I have been infected with the syph for a long time and that I am most likely in the "latent late stage". She said my titer is 1:4 which means I've probably been through the initial and secondary stages without even realising it but that now the bacteria is laying dormant and is not active (hence why I have no symptoms). She offered me the choice of a penicillin injection (in my ass) which she admitted most people find rather unpleasant/slightly painful, and a course of antibiotics (Doxycyclin) ....I opted for the latter. I have to take one tablets twice a day for the next four weeks! As for the gono, I was treated in the clinic (I had to swallow four tablets and get an injection in my ass which wasn;t too unbearable). 

I love barebacking, but this whole experience has made me wonder if it's worth it anymore. I'm scheduled for to start PrEP in February 2019 (they couldn't find an available impact trial slot for me until then!)

Edited by concerned1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, concerned1 said:

@Breedthisslut Thanks for sharing your story. My doctor said she thinks I have been infected with the syph for a long time and that I am most likely in the "latent late stage". She said my titer is 1:4 which means I've probably been through the initial and secondary stages without even realising it but that now the bacteria is laying dormant and is not active (hence why I have no symptoms). She offered me the choice of a penicillin injection (in my ass) which she admitted most people find rather unpleasant/slightly painful, and a course of antibiotics (Doxycyclin) ....I opted for the latter. I have to take one tablets twice a day for the next four weeks! As for the gono, I was treated in the clinic (I had to swallow four tablets and get an injection in my ass which wasn;t too unbearable). 

I love barebacking, but this whole experience has made me wonder if it's worth it anymore. I'm scheduled for to start PrEP in February 2019 (they couldn't find an available impact trial slot for me until then!)

You already admitted to yourself you can’t stop, and here’s the thing. It’s important to be honest with yourself. If you say things like, is it worth it? You’re just gonna beat yourself up the next time you inevitably have bareback sex. 

On the prep note, where are you located? There may be options to get you on it faster 

Concerned1:

the shots in each cheek are uncomfortable but bearable and not excruciating at all. They might make your cheeks sore for a few days but you will be able to function. At the time I was treated, I was feeling run down and after treatment that day, I was so tired and started getting the chills. I hit the sheets and slept for 12 hours and it was worth it. 

Concerned1:

Definitely get on prep, and do not fuck raw until you do. 

I've been in your shoes a few times. Maybe it's not worth it, but you will fuck again raw. It will happen. And you don't want to go through this anxiety again when you do. I've learned a lot how humans often have a hard time of understanding risk (think of how many people are so afraid to fly despite it being so safe) but regardless, accidents happen. It only takes one poz fuck to convert you. Some people catch it on their first fuck, some on their 500th, but it will happen to you sooner or later. So don't fuck until you get on prep. Jack off as many times a day as  you need until you're protected by the pill.

• Like 1