Being Recharged

unballzdeep

Forgive me for asking this question , but getting recharged is a simple term for catching a new strain of the infection? I prob know the answer but wanted to throw it out here. Are the symptoms the same as initial diagnosis or is the only way to tell via a Routine check up? I am not a Chaser but I do enjoy getting breeded when the time comes. On the avg I get a load about every three weeks, sometimes more and sometimes less. There are a few occasions of two or three back to back when I get slutty, but it is rare. 

If if you do get recharged does it mean that your Med is in-effective to that strain and you will need another med? I currently have been undetectable for almost 5 years and have been taking Odefsey once a day.

Just throwing it out there for feedback, I am less than a week from routine check up and wanted to see if I should be worried. OBTW Last check up showed Viral Load< 20 and CD > 700 in March of this year. 

I always seem to get worked up right before check up, lol.

I remember reading some years back something someone had written in an internet post about why even poz guys shouldn't be barebacking. That person said reinfection with HIV was the reason why they shouldn't. Reinfection, whether with the same strain of virus or a different one, was said to lead to so-called "superinfection" or something like that. Not long ago I read that this is all bullshit. But I don't know. 

I get the same way before check ups. I asked my Dr about this at my last check up.  She said that that reinfection is very rare and when it does happen it is almost always with people that are NOT on meds. If you are on meds you are basically on Prep plus an additional med. There are only a handful of cases on people on Prep being infected. . You would need to find a strain that was resistant to all 3 of the medications in Odefsey and that is very unlikely. Not a Dr and I don't play one on the internet, but I am much more concerned about catching some other STI then reinfection.

• Upvote 2

Guest Cumlaut

When guys say "re-charge"  generally they just mean being fucked by a poz guy (especially a guy who's not undetectable). Whether or not it affects them medically, I'm sure most of them don't give a shit. Just like they didn't when they took raw loads in the first place, lol.

• 7 months later...
On 11/27/2018 at 11:18 AM, Cumlaut said:

When guys say "re-charge"  generally they just mean being fucked by a poz guy (especially a guy who's not undetectable). Whether or not it affects them medically, I'm sure most of them don't give a shit. Just like they didn't when they took raw loads in the first place, lol.

Since I was HIV infected i got "recharged" many times by poz tops that are not on meds. Nothing changed but every new poz load gives me that wonderful "knocked up" feeling.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Guest JackEdJIZZ

Some 14 months after getting POZZED up, I still have an amazing thrill when riding a raw, unmedicated POZ cock.  It really has nothing to do with the risk, but rather it seems there is just a strong bond between queers who carry this amazing virus.   No matter what you call it, no matter if there is some small risk fo being infected with a different strain, for me it is simply sharing tainted cum with a true fag brother.

For 4 decades homos have had this honor/thrill/pleasure.  In the early days, it was a horror.  Men were dying and the world seemed to not know why nor care.  Now, many have a different view of this disease.  We recognize that it i a bond that changes our bodies and links us through our homosexual desires.  Little else can create a similar connection.

so, call it a recharge, call it whatever, POZ on POZ fuck will remain an instrument aspect of living queer for many of us.   For all you fellow POZ faggots reading this, you are within me as I am within you.   Who else other than the cohort of POZ men can claim such an unbreakable bond?

There is a bond. The appeal of poz on poz could be sharing a taboo or not having concerns that the other will be pozzed. Even if we don’t really want other bugs, the bond lets us accept them without blame or guilt. 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 3/5/2022 at 9:57 AM, BBOtter said:

Amen! Feeling proud to be in the toxic poz brotherhood! 

I'd note that the person you're saying "Amen" to is no longer a member of this site, despite his raving about "strong bonds" and such. If he feels such strong bonds, why ditch one of the biggest sites specifically for barebacking?

My guess - an informed guess based on watching a lot of people come and go here - is that he's gotten his jollies pretending to be a member of some sexually liberated "brotherhood" bound by being poz, and he's moved on to some other masturbatory fantasy.

In decades of being around poz people - since the early/mid 1980's - I've found plenty of poz men - LOTS of poz men - who were accepting of their status and felt it was nothing to be ashamed of. I've found some who claimed "poz pride" but when queried on it, expressed that they meant they weren't going to be shamed into hiding it. They were going to be "out and proud", but not in the sense of "See what I accomplished"; more in the sense of, in the words of the song, "I am what I am, and what I am needs no excuses."

I've even met quite a few who admit to fantasies involving pozzing, both for chasers and for non-consenting others, but the key word is "fantasies". I've known a small handful who actually were willing to undertake pozzing someone AFTER a serious discussion of the cons and risks involved.

I've never known anyone who actually relished the idea of expanding this so-called "brotherhood" on a wide scale in real life.

My experiences, of course, are my own, and quite limited, and I'm sure that "I've never known anyone who" is not the same as "There is no one who". Still, I'd say I look with a very skeptical eye at people posting to that effect online. Even here.

On 3/5/2022 at 9:57 AM, BBOtter said:

Amen! Feeling proud to be in the toxic poz brotherhood! 

Please note that this topic is in the HIV/AIDS and Sexual Health area of the forum, not the gifter/chaser fetish area in the Backroom. Statements glorifying transmission of disease are not appropriate in this section and may run afoul of the site’s new content policies. Please confine the “brotherhood” blather to the place where it belongs, and not here where we try to talk about the way disease actually affects people’s health and lives.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Please note that this topic is in the HIV/AIDS and Sexual Health area of the forum, not the gifter/chaser fetish area in the Backroom. Statements glorifying transmission of disease are not appropriate in this section and may run afoul of the site’s new content policies. Please confine the “brotherhood” blather to the place where it belongs, and not here where we try to talk about the way disease actually affects people’s health and lives.

If I had the time, I'd offer to RawTop to temporarily take on moderator duties to clean up the Health forum (not deleting things, just moving the non-health topics to appropriate places). But I don't, and in any event, I'd probably prune more ruthlessly than most would appreciate.

IF you are poz, on meds, and otherwise healthy it is best to not become a strain chaser like this as it makes your meds and his meds not work as effectively, or completely stop working. There are also other STDs to worry about.

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2018 at 5:40 AM, concerned1 said:

I remember reading some years back something someone had written in an internet post about why even poz guys shouldn't be barebacking. That person said reinfection with HIV was the reason why they shouldn't. Reinfection, whether with the same strain of virus or a different one, was said to lead to so-called "superinfection" or something like that. Not long ago I read that this is all bullshit. But I don't know. 

No it is not BS, a myth, or rare. Getting other strains of HIV or reinfected with the same original strain causes medication failure, and the HIV patient progresses to AIDS much faster.

21 hours ago, TotalTop said:

No it is not BS, a myth, or rare. Getting other strains of HIV or reinfected with the same original strain causes medication failure, and the HIV patient progresses to AIDS much faster.

I'm not sure about the second of those issues - that is, that "reinfection with the same original strain" can cause medication failure. I could be wrong - I might have somehow missed a study on that specific topic - but generally speaking, if a particular medication is good at blocking replication of HIV to the point of keeping a person undetectable, there's really not much chance for a new breeding to somehow overwhelm those meds.

When a person is newly diagnosed with HIV - even those who are freshly infected with very high viral loads, or those who have gone untreated for quite some time and are now experiencing runaway HIV replication - can usually be treated with a single pill per day treatment that brings VERY high levels of HIV down to almost manageable within a month or so and then to undetectable within a few months of that. There's pretty much no way I can see how a fresh load of HIV - certainly much less total virus than the originally very high levels spread through the patient's system - of the same strain already being controlled would somehow suddenly overwhelm the drug that had brought it down so dramatically in the first place.

Now, a different strain - or a patient who was already sloppy about taking his HIV treatment - might be a different story. But many contemporary HIV medications can treat a range of HIV strains quite well.

The issue of medication failure comes from *resistant* strains - which means you have to either get reinfected by a resistant strain (fairly hard to do) or you have to be sloppy with your meds long enough that your own strain becomes resistant to the medication you're on. It's a serious problem, yes, but it's not caused by an undetectable man simply getting barebacked by a poz top.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

What Bootman said.  Every hiv med I’ve been on has had a form of Truvada (aka “PreP”, at least one common form of prep) as a component.  If something is going to break through my meds, it would have broken through prep also, and been a much bigger problem for anyone, whether previously positive or not.  The general medical advice is for hiv positive people to not bareback, but the general medical advice for hiv negative people is also to not bareback.  PreP is designed to take care of that one piece of the risk, but it doesn’t protect against anything else.