Why does becoming POZ make guys become sex crazy

Dirtyfuckboy

I guess the liberation from the HIV fear has a lot to do with that. When I got the diagnose I went completely off the rails for months - would go to the bath houses in Copenhagen 4-5 times weekly, frequenting the public toilets and restrooms daily, would find fuck partners on various chat forums etc. etc. On any given week I would take loads in my ass 15-20 times.
After a while - 3-4 months - I started to relax a bit as bareback sex had taken over my life and was all I could think about. Over some weeks I got it down - a bit - to where the bareback sex could fit in with minor details like work, family etc.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that I’ve missed on a lot playing safe sex. Now I will welcome all raw breedings if they come my way. I thing being 53 I’ve missed opportunities - now my hole is gaggin for raw toxic high viral loads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mascperv4 said:

It doesn’t. The fact they are poz is a good indicator that they were already sex crazy. 

While that was true of a lot of us, but I'm sure there are exceptions who didn't turn into a sex maniac until after they found out.

• 1 month later...

this is a scientific study that shows that getting pozzed increases sexual desire, like the infection takes control of your brain and makes you want to fuck even more : [think before following links] https://academic.oup.com/emph/article/2020/1/174/5906510

from the conclusion: "Individuals with acute—versus nonacute—stage infections report more sexual partners and more frequent risky sex. Additionally, male sexual behavior increases nonlinearly with HIV viral load, and data suggest a potential threshold viral level above which individuals are more likely to engage in risky sexual behavior. Taken together, these data suggest that HIV infection influences male sexual behavior in a manner beneficial to the virus."

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Vancrawman said:

this is a scientific study that shows that getting pozzed increases sexual desire, like the infection takes control of your brain and makes you want to fuck even more : [think before following links] [think before following links] https://academic.oup.com/emph/article/2020/1/174/5906510

from the conclusion: "Individuals with acute—versus nonacute—stage infections report more sexual partners and more frequent risky sex. Additionally, male sexual behavior increases nonlinearly with HIV viral load, and data suggest a potential threshold viral level above which individuals are more likely to engage in risky sexual behavior. Taken together, these data suggest that HIV infection influences male sexual behavior in a manner beneficial to the virus."

I'd caution from drawing too many conclusions from this study.

For one thing, as the authors admit, they can only compare behavior from earlier in an infected state with that from later in an infected state. There's no ethical way to study how infection itself changes a person's sex drive from before infection to after infection, which is what most people seem to be reporting anecdotally.

Moreover, this presents a question of causality: is the advancing HIV infection/viral load physically causing people to have more frequent and riskier sex (the way rabies causes foaming at the mouth, for instance), or could it simply be that as guys become more accustomed to their HIV status, they relax about having sex and enjoying it more (and seeking more partners and riskier options) because the perceived danger of doing so has gone away?

• Upvote 5

On 11/28/2018 at 8:33 AM, Dirtyfuckboy said:

We all know it's true. As soon as the results are in we all give into that little voice and turn into fucking pigs which is awesome. What's your story?

I assume there are as many reactions to the news of being HIV+ as there are people who've gotten it. For me, sex pig wasn't my experience. Mostly, I was terrified, felt dirty and completely undesirable. The medical condition I had to face was daunting - I needed regular infusions of gamma-globulin (at thousands of dollars a pop) to keep my platelets from dropping so low that I would have spontaneous internal bleeds. In fact having a life-threatening internal bleed was how I found out I was positive. This was also a part of my personal reaction, it felt like being hit over the head. In 1993 when I was diagnosed there was no effective treatment, which likely played into, too.

Now that I have good treatment, have figured out how to maintain that and with the advent of PrEP and PeP, yeah< I've become a cum-crazed slut! Vive le difference!

• Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 2:47 PM, BootmanLA said:

For one thing, as the authors admit, they can only compare behavior from earlier in an infected state with that from later in an infected state. There's no ethical way to study how infection itself changes a person's sex drive from before infection to after infection, which is what most people seem to be reporting anecdotally.

Moreover, this presents a question of causality: is the advancing HIV infection/viral load physically causing people to have more frequent and riskier sex (the way rabies causes foaming at the mouth, for instance), or could it simply be that as guys become more accustomed to their HIV status, they relax about having sex and enjoying it more (and seeking more partners and riskier options) because the perceived danger of doing so has gone away?

i'm sure you're right about that...this study is probably the first of it's kind to look at this phenomenon. but it does make one think....

On 8/29/2022 at 5:47 PM, BootmanLA said:

And anything anecdotally won't hold any sort of scientific weight. Has the study participant kept a journal of every sexual encounter both before and after contracting the virus? Pretty doubtful, and how much weight and accuracy can that even carry?

On 8/29/2022 at 5:47 PM, BootmanLA said:

The only way I could even imagine such a study is by a "control group".

Group A, potentially those already infected with the virus, is studied and subjected to several tests -- bloodwork, study of DNA, cellular level comparisons, the link -- and compared to a Group B, who has been on PrEP or not in the same type of risky sex (unprotected) situation as Group A. Are there any biological differences other than the presence of a viral level? Or is it all psychological that, as you say, the Group A participants have adjusted to the status and decided "(they) can't get any more infected"?

I'd be interested in understanding that detail. Still, interesting crack at it as a first attempt.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheSRQDude said:

The only way I could even imagine such a study is by a "control group".

The problem is, the hypothesis being tested is that a given person's sex drive increases after HIV infection. About the only way to test that would be to get a bunch of people who are negative and NOT on PrEP, and have some of them engage in unprotected sex with HIV+, detectable people, such that there are people who you can monitor as their infection progresses.

And that would be a horribly unethical format for a study. In theory, I suppose, one could test a bunch of high-risk people, and keep testing them, having all of them log their sex drive as objectively as possible (as if that weren't already a big can of worms), and compare in a couple of years the ones who ended up poz versus the ones who did not. But even that seems pretty damned dodgy. 

As a previous Science researcher in Genetics, I well aware of the protocols of conducting proper research projects

That can stand upto proper scrutiny,so researching this sublect presents almost insurmountable problems

However as My Proffesor always said 1. There is always a sound reason as to how,what,where and when a cause arose. 2. And all causes ALWAYS have a effect no matter what

Furthermore she went onto explain " Never ever underestimate Nature,if you do then you in for a big Shock "

So on that basis my 2 cents worth with regards Nature but unable to back up what i state

Even something as biologically simple as a RNA virus such as HIV is preprogrammed to not only survive but to replicate

And find new hosts to infect then repeat and repeat

If such pertains to becomining Poz then and as the new host becomes most infectious soon after intial infection

Then that may explain why those such as myself who became Poz 10 weeks ago now has uncontrollable urges

To seek HVL no meds sperm and since such have taken 3 such loads and actively lining up 2 more loads after becoming infected

I live in one of the busiest gay cities in the world, lots of bath houses here, everytime I speak to Poz guys which is a lot over the years they all despise bug chasers have literally zero time for the concept also any time it is mentioned online to “real Poz men who openly have positive undetectable on there profile they reject the notion straight away, they almost find it offensive to talk about. My theory is the majority of Bug chasers are actually afraid of Having HIV and most likely use it as a fantasy they will never ever explore apart from masturbation purposes, every time my ex partner who was Poz chatted to a supposed “bugchaser online they usually blocked my partner just after they had jacked off over the conversation of a supposed “conversion”. The reality is this you can still sleep with Poz men openly and freely without converting to hiv or making out to be like some satanic ritual, it’s 2022 sex is sex Poz or Neg let’s just fuck and forget about status. Get on Prep get on Anti virals and forget the rest. 

• Upvote 1