The Gifted Virgin

Amazing! Just simply amazing!

I am curious on what is the hidden agenda between Rob and Steven. Is there going to be a twist around that.

I also have a feeling something big will happen in LA, maybe where the characters of the Bahan Love Affair makes an appearance? ;)

• Like 1

Part 28 - The Real Mark

Mark got out of the car and opened the front door, it had been a lovely dinner just the 4 of them and to boot Ben was staying over with him. They settled down cosily on the sofa watching a some TV relaxing in each others company like a dependable drug they had to be close and touch or be held in the arms of each other, Ben's phone started ringing.

Ben reached over and looked at Mark "It's my father, do you mind?".
Mark kissed him on the head "No of course I don't mind" he said.
Ben answered the phone "Hey dad".
"Ben, how are you?" Rob asked sitting on the terrace overlooking the ocean.
"Yeah I'm really good, a lot of things have happened since we last spoke" Ben said resting back against Mark.
Rob paused for a moment "I spoke to your mother yesterday, been wanting to call you" he said as Heike patted his shoulder.
"Oh right, I guess she has told you, so why haven't you?" Ben asked raising the pitch of his voice slightly.
"You know, this is quite big and a major turning point for you" Rob looked over at Heike who was nodding approvingly.
"Does it change things between us?" Ben asked as he looked at Mark mouthing the words he knows.
Rob sat forward in his chair "No it doesn't Ben, you are my son and god I miss you".
Ben began crying down the phone "I will come and see you in a few months when I get paid" he sobbed.
"Stop that Ben or you will start me off" Rob stammered wiping his eyes.
Ben pulled himself together "I am moving in with my boyfriend next weekend dad" he sniffed breaking the news.
"That soon Ben, is it Steven?" Rob asked him.
Ben paused for a moment "He has never really liked me dad, but I want to do this for me not for him".
"Good, I didn't want to say anything but he was part of the reason why you never came here" Rob waited for a reaction.
Ben sniffed "Yes I know, something always came up and he was very controlling over me".
"You know Heike and me are here and we both want you come out to see us" Rob said watching Heike smiling.

The phone call was difficult in many ways, the part about him being gay was the easiest and Rob had promised to tell Ben everything when he would eventually get to LA. Rob had told Ben enough around how he was forced to give up custody for a clean break from Margarite and it was this that killed him inside every time he tried to Ben over to LA as he had no overriding rights until now.

"You love him a lot don't you?" Mark asked as Ben cuddled up next to him on the sofa.
Ben nodded "It still only seems like yesterday he walked out, but I understand a lot better now why he did it".
"Well you know how Angelo and I feel about family Ben, you will get to LA soon" Mark said stroking his head.

Friday had come and Ben was in the bedroom with Mark unpacking half of his clothing that he had brought with him. Mark sat on the bed smiling like a Cheshire cat still trying to believe this was really happening and he was starting to move in, his love for Ben was clear and he desperately wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. When he put the last shirt in the closet Mark walked over and kissed him telling him it was time to eat so they headed down to the kitchen. Ben nearly wooed every time he walked in to the modern stylish kitchen with it's island and counter.

Ben sat down whilst Mark prepared dinner "You will need to teach me how to do these sort of things".
Mark looked up and smiled "Nah, we will get a housekeeper to do this" he said then quickly went back to work.
"Housekeeper, what are you made of money?" he laughed at the laudable suggestion.
Mark tried to keep the conversation on a different course and put the pasta in front of Ben "Pasta alla Mark".
"Thank you" Ben said smiling and waiting for Mark to join him.
"So there are some things we need to discuss Ben" Mark said light-heartedly.
Ben "And what is that?" he asked as Marked laughed and wiped the sauce from Ben's chin.
"Do you a dinner suit?" Mark asked
Ben shook his head "I don't think so, oh wait no that's a birthday suit being naked, so what is it?".
"Tomorrow we will go out and get you one, next weekend we are having dinner with my parents" Mark explained.
Ben looked at him curiously and put his fork down "Mark what is going on?" he asked.
"Next weekend we go to my parents for a few days" Mark said trying to look casual about it.
"A few days?" Ben looked shock "I thought you said dinner".
"Well 4 if you want and I think you will want to" Mark was bracing himself to tell Ben with excitement.
Ben cocked his head to one side "Your bursting to say something I can tell".
Mark looked at Ben "My parents live outside LA so I thought you might like to see your father as well".
Ben jumped out of his seat kissing and hugging Mark "Oh god yes I would love that Mark".
"Great we will get the tickets tomorrow and get the morning flight out to LA" he said to an excited Ben.
"Oh I.." Ben stopped his excitement dampening down "I will have to tell my dad, I am sure he will pay for my ticket".
Mark shook his head "No I will sort it out Ben, plus there is something else I need to tell you".
Ben sat back down "What is it?".
Mark held Ben's hand "My parents are quite wealthy" he said looking at him.
Ben nodded "Oh okay is that why I need the dinner suit?".
Mark continued "I don't want any of what I tell you now to change us as we are".
Ben looked confused "Why would anything change Mark?" he asked squeezing his hand.
"You need to know that I am in my own right as well" Mark said thinking that Ben would understand.
Ben looked even more confused "As well what?".
"I have money from a trust fund" Mark replied trying to asses Ben's reaction.
Ben chuckled "What you mean like you have a million dollars?" he asked laughing.
Mark laughed and shook his head then looked seriously at him "No, several million dollars".
Ben sat with his mouth open in silence and eventually spoke "I only wanted to move in to be with you".
Mark smiled "Your not going to go all crazy on me?" he asked.
Ben cuddled Mark "No, I am here because I love you. Why are you telling me this now?".
Mark looked at Ben "I wanted to make certain it was me you liked, I don't want to hide behind a veil of deceit".
"I would still be here even if you told me it was a joke" Ben kissed him "Eat your dinner it's getting cold".
Mark looked at his plate of pasta "By the way I can only cook pasta and oven ready meals".
Ben nearly choked laughing and looked at him "So we will both learn to cook together".
Mark nodded "Yeah that would be fun, and I am incredibly in love with you".
Ben put his fork down and looked at Mark "You are? So..." he hinted towards the stairs.
Mark knew instantly "Get up stairs you randy little fucker" standing up Mark chased Ben up the stairs.

Ben had very little awareness around money and material things, he knew that money was required to function in the world and if you didn't have the money you made do with what you could. It was this that never really dawned on him around the true extent of Mark was telling him. When they headed in to the city Ben stood in Macy's trying on different dinner suits whilst Mark was sat outside waiting for him to parade each one as he tried them on. Mark was on the phone finishing off booking the flights with his personal travel manager at the airlines Concierge Key club, Ben walked out and stood in front of Mark who was talking on the phone and twizzled his finger to get Ben to turnaround.

Mark took the phone away from his ear "Looks really good on you Ben, do you like it?".
Sheepishly Ben nodded feeling a little uncomfortable "Yes but it's so expensive" he replied.
Mark ignored him "Do you want to try on another one?" he asked him.
Ben nodded "Yes something not so flashy and under $200" as he turned to look admiring the dinner suit in the mirror.
Mark nodded to the dresser indicating this suit "Okay well try on something you like" he suggested.

Mark finished on the phone and hung up watching one of the attendants exit with the flashy dinner suit as Ben called it. Mark gave the address of his parents house and asked them to send it on immediately. Ben came out feeling a lit more comfortable in a much more plain and reasonable dinner suit at $120. Mark chuckled and nodded at Ben then as he went back to change he called his mother and had a very brief concise conversation with her that was over with in five minutes. Leaving the department store they strolled through Manhattan and rounded the block, Mark loved the way Ben walked so closely against him.

Ben stopped "Oh the hotel we stayed in" he laughed.
Mark smiled "Yes, where it really all started" he said looking at Ben.
Ben looked at Mark "It is where I found my true self and what I wanted in my life".
"Soppy, come on were meeting Angelo and the others for lunch" Mark said taking Ben's hand who was now excited.

The six of them were a little noisy but controlled as they had a lunch courtesy of Mark and Angelo, Adam and Tony announced they had set a date to tie the knot in April and it would take place at Adam's family home in Harrison. All eyes then turned to Ethan including Angelo, he put his hands up and suggested June or July in the Hamptons and looked at Angelo who smiled and told him it was a fitting place to marry since that is where he first knew and proposed. Coffee was being served in the lounge and Mark went to speak to his friend Luka the duty manager of the hotel, Angelo circled around and collared Ben before he could leave to join the others.

"I've been wanting to catch up with you Ben" Angelo said inviting Ben to sit down next to him.
Ben sat and smiled "About the job?" he asked.
Angelo shook his head "No, has Mark spoken to you about his family and circumstance?".
Ben laughed and went in to hushed mode "You mean about the wealth of the family?" he asked looking at Angelo.
"Yes, I'm pleased he has, he doesn't like talking about it and tries to live like a normal person" Angelo said chuckling.
Ben rested his head in his hands leaning on the table "Well it doesn't change anything I like how we are now".
Angelo smiled "Did he go in to much detail?" he asked with a little relief.
"Not really he just said he had several million in a trust or something" Ben recalled.
Angelo laughed "Several! that is an understatement. He also has a few million in personal savings".
Ben looking up "How the hell do you save a million dollars?" he said looking amused.
"Mostly his allowance from his father, he never spends it so it just keeps racking up" Angelo said watching Ben.
Ben sighed "We don't need it to be happy, although he did talk about a housekeeper".
Angelo laughed "Oh god, you have been prone to the pasta dish, that's all he can cook".
Ben was laughing so hard and when he calmed down he looked at Angelo "I really don't know what he has done to me".
Angelo looked at him curiously "What do you mean?"
Ben sighed "I don't know Angelo, it just feels so right. Sort of like he needed me".
Angelo smiled at Ben "He has been lost for a few years, I just think you brought clarity and love to his life".
Ben blushed "Do you think things will change, you know the money thing?".
"Some things may change Ben, but his love for you won't that much I can tell you" Angelo said patting Ben's hand.
Ben sat back in his chair "He is taking me to LA next week".
"Oh your going to Liongate the Davenport family home, it is lovely and I am sure you will enjoy yourself there" Angelo said.
Ben stood up "Come on lets join the others".

Sunday and Mark sat chilled out on the sofa with Ben who was on the phone to his father, he was amazed how Ben never brought up the subject since their discussion about his wealth, he sometimes wondered if he did indeed have a grasp at what he was told. What he found funny was how he chose the cheap dinner suit despite that he had told Ben to pick what one felt the best on him. He also knew that Angelo had told Ben his surname and if Ben had done a search on the internet he may not be so calm about it. There was nothing untoward in his family apart from his mother who being a descendent of European nobility attracted quite a lot of media attention when they appeared in social events and fund raisers, both parents wealthy in their own rights and his father was a successful businessman from Europe had married Madeline whom by birth was American. The flip side meant that both Mark and his sister were also media fodder and it was this that caused him the most concern about Ben stepping in to his world, other than this family was family and very private.

Ben hung up the phone and looked at Mark telling him his father was excited and wanted to meet him as well. When Ben went home for his final few days in his family home he had decided to spend Thanksgiving with them and Mark would pick him up on the Friday for the very last time. Mark would be spending it with his distant relations at Angelo's family, Angelo and Ethan were going to Angelo's for the day then to Ethan's parents for dinner. Adam and Tony would also he in Harrison at their families doing a similar approach to Angelo and Ethan's way.

Thanksgiving turned out to a dull and windy day as Ben watched from his bedroom window, he had just finished packing his last few bits that he wanted to take with him. Steven his step father had not spoken a word to him partly due to Ben avoiding him at all costs. His grandparents and Steven's parents and sister's were coming to dinner as well and Margarite had warned Ben to keep things private for the moment. He showered and changed before heading downstairs to receive the luke warm reception he always got from Steven's family side, Ben's step aunties in particular often tried to wind him up to the point where he would just stand with dignity and walk out of the room. Ben got to the bottom stair 'God I hope his is over and done with quickly' he thought to himself as he joined the family in the kitchen. The saving grace were his real grandparents who loved him unconditionally as he was their first grandchild.

It was the mocking around the dinner table, Margarite tried to keep the peace but Steven's younger sisters Lucy and Beth were winding Ben up as usual. They did it more out of intrigue this time noticing that Ben had changed and was completely different from when they last saw him. Thankfully his grand father put his foot down abruptly as he was trying to have a conversation with Ben, the tension around the table with palpable since Lucy and Beth had never been spoken to in that way, it didn't take long for things to ease down.

"So Ben what are your plans when you graduate? his grand father asked and a few people stopped to listen.
Ben looked up "Oh I start work at a tech company in 2 weeks time, great salary and they will help me finish college".
"Well done and good for you Ben" he replied raising his glass.
Lucy bored with the conversation turned to her mother "Oh I see that Madeline Davenport was in town last week".
Her mother looked off dreamy "I bet she looked stunning, was it another charity event?".
"No, it didn't say why she was in NY, but there are pictures of her leaving NY on Sunday" Lucy said holding her phone up.
Beth took delight in updating the rest of the table "European descendent probably not that nice but wealthy".
Ben was sat between Lucy and Beth completely failed to register the name "Why is she of interest to you?" he said.
Lucy looked at him "She is fascinating and always impeccably dressed, look how she departed La Guardia".
Ben and looked at the phone being shoved under his nose "Oh yes" he stopped and looked at Lucy "What is her name?".
Beth laughed at the look on his face "Stupid boy get with the times that is Madeline Davenport".
Lucy waved the phone in front of him "The Madeline Davenport, but then your a boy what would you know".
"Davenport" Ben said and looked at his mother "Can't be can it" he said to her recognising Maddy in the picture.
Margarite just looked on as if not understanding anything "What are you on about Ben?".
Ben pulled his phone out and dialled Mark "Hey I have a question I need to ask you".
"Babe is everything alright?" Mark asked.
Ben realised he was talking to his boyfriend at the dinner table in front of everyone "Yes, fine".
"So what do you want to ask?" Mark said quietly and seductively down the phone.
Ben chuckled hearing his sex voice "Stop it, is Maddy your mother also Madeline Davenport?".
Mark was silent for a moment "Yes Ben she is, is there something wrong?".
"No, my step fathers sisters are showing pictures of her just wanted to make sure" Ben said reassuringly.
Mark laughed "Tell them to look at Davenports in Spain it includes a picture of me last year".
Ben laughed down the phone "And you, is it known publicly?" he asked trying to be discreet.
Mark laughed again "Yes it is public, I got caught kissing a guy which made the gossip magazines".
Ben could feel the eyes on him listening to him so he did the bravest thing "Thanks, love you".
Lucy mocked him "Love you" as she turned to Beth and they laughed.
Margarite stood up "Stop it enough of this, if you can't be civilised to my son don't speak to him".
"Mum it's okay, they don't bother me" Ben said as tension grew around the table.
Beth turned to Ben "So who were you talking to, can't be the daughter she is married".
Lucy looked at Beth then Ben "This is their son" she said showing Ben the picture.
Ben took the phone and passed it to his mother "Oops" he said.
Margarite looked at Ben and laughed "Didn't you know?" she asked.
Ben shook his head "No".
Lucy grabbed her phone "Do you know Mark Davenport?" she asked in a shrilly voice.
Ben smiled "Yeah that's my boyfriend" he said, Lucy and Beth sat their opened mouth looking at Ben as he opened up about his sexuality.

Mark excused himself from dinner worried and concerned about the conversation he set off to Harrison to see Ben. Without really knowing what he was going to do he had to speak to Ben before everything unfolded, he checked his pocket and breathed a huge sigh of relief that he had the ring with him. It was going to be a massive gamble but he wanted Ben so much he had to do it. There was a shattering silence around the table as everyone looked at Ben who just seemed to be in his own world at that moment.

"Boyfriend" Lucy said "Your gay?".
Ben snapped out of it and looked at his mother "Yes, and Mark Davenport is my boyfriend".
Steven shifted uncomfortably in his seat "Well now Alex is doing very well at school" he tried to change the subject.
Ben's grand father seeing how the others reacted spoke "Ben this is a surprise, I'm very happy for you and hope he makes you happy".
"Thank you pops" his grand mother came round and gave him a hug as well.

There was uncertainty amongst the others around the table and mostly Lucy and Beth didn't believe Mark was indeed his boyfriend, they searched on their phones and found several articles where Mark was seen kissing with a guy on a beach in southern Spain last year and the speculation around this. Since the family had not given any comment the story flatlined within a few weeks.

Beth looked up "Wow" she said "He has an estimated fortune of some $30 million dollars" she showed Lucy and her mother.
Ben smiled at his mother who now looked amazed "Blimey" he said not realising how rich Mark was.
Margarite stood up "Well shall we have coffee in the family room" she announced "Ben stay and help me".
Ben nodded "Yes of course" he started clearing plates as everyone else stood up to go.
Steven's mother was heard by Ben as she spoke to her daughters "He is probably lying about this" pointing to the phone.
Margarite hugged Ben "Don't listen to them".
"Sorry I shouldn't have said anything but they were annoying me so much" Ben said.
"No more secrets in this family Ben" Margarite asked preparing the coffee tray.
Ben shook his head "No, it was a surprise to me when he told me he had a bit of money".
Margarite handed Ben the tray "It's not a bit it's a lot, here take that through".
Ben placed the tray down and walked back to the kitchen as the doorbell rang "I'll go" Ben said.

Ben was beginning to feel a little down trodden by Steven's family which was nothing unusual and tonight it was more intense this evening. He opened the front door to see Mark standing there with a worried look on his face. Ben didn't say a word he looked at him and lunged forward kissing him madly until Mark pushed him off.

"Hey hey, what's the matter?" Mark asked quietly.
Ben sighed and hugged him "God I am happy to see you, I have had a hell of a night".
Mark hugged Ben hard "Was it to do with the phone call?".
Ben nodded "It's my step family winding me up and then I just announced at the table about you being my boyfriend and came out".
Mark laughed "I have a lot of explaining to do Ben and I should have trusted you more about my family and me".
Ben looked at him "Doesn't matter who you are Mark, I just want you the Mark I know".
Mark kissed him "No question Ben, and my feelings for you have and will never change".
"Mark" Margarite stood holding the coffee pot at the kitchen door "Please come in".
"I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude" Mark said apologetically.
"Ben get Mark a cup and then both of you join us for coffee in the family room" she gave Mark a kiss and walked off.
Ben smiled "Come on, I think she is glad you turned up to shut the rest of them up".
"What do you mean?" Mark asked following Ben to the kitchen.
"Step mother thinks I am lying and my step sisters don't believe that you are my man" Ben said holding his hands.
Mark chuckled "So you want me to by your man?" he asked.
Ben pushed Mark up against the refrigerator and kissed him "Definitely, take me home and make love to me".
Mark smiled "What about the family?".
"Fuck them I need to be with you" Ben replied looking in to his eyes.
Mark pushed Ben off "Coffee to shut the family up then I take you home".

Ben smiled and grabbed another cup and took Mark's hand walking with him towards the family room, they stood outside for a moment and could clearly hear Lucy, Beth and their mother dissing him about Mark and then Margarite saying they should show a little more respect and regard for her son.

Mark looked at Ben "Let's get this over with" he said.
Ben laughed "Shame we haven't got some dramatic music to play as we walk in".
Mark bent over laughing quietly but was nervous as hell "That would be funny" he kissed Ben then nodded to him.
Ben opened the door and grabbed Mark's hand and walked in "Mother enough coffee for one more?".
Margarite stood as if it was a well choreographed routine she kissed Mark "Of course how nice to see you Mark".

Ben took a moment to look at his step family as he stood in a defiant stance and watched the looks on their faces as they saw Mark standing there in the flesh.

"Everyone I would like you to meet Mark who is my boyfriend" Ben proudly announced at the stunned faces.
Mark leaned in and whispered to Ben "How about husband?".
Ben turned slowly to look at him slightly stunned his heart beating faster a smile on his face "Did I hear you..."
Mark got down on one knee to the gasps in the room and produced the ring "Ben I love you so much, marry me?".

Ben shut everyone else out as he looked down seeing his Mark, a person who loved him dearly and wanted to be with him "Yes" he said without hesitation.

Mark slipped the ring on his finger and stood up to kiss him. Margarite was crying and Ben's grandparents came over to congratulate him and wanting to meet the person that had changed Ben's life. Lucy was about to start filming on her phone but Margarite swooped on her and knocked it out of her hand looking sternly at her 'Don't you dare' she snarled at her making sure she understood, Beth quickly slipped her phone back in her bag to avoid a confrontation. The step family not realising it immediately had been side lined by Ben in an obvious statement to them at how Steven had treated him over the years. Steven's father looked at his son and the look said it all, he had warned him to treat Ben any differently but he had ignored his fathers advice. Mark sent a text to his mother with two words 'job done', it was a code word they used in the family. Maddy looked at it and turned to David and told him that Ben had said yes, he smiled and kissed his wife saying thank god he finally found some one. Mark said he had to speak to Ben and Margarite alone for a moment and they rushed in to the kitchen.

"I'm sorry I didn't forewarn you Margarite" Mark said apologising to her.
Margarite patted his arm "It's fine, I loved the look on their faces it was priceless".
"There is just one thing I have to do but it means word will get out immediately" Mark began explaining.
Ban looked at his mother "What do you mean?".
"My parents are public figures of sorts so it means Ben and I will be public knowledge" Mark was looking at Ben.
"I see" Margarite replied "Does that mean it will be in the spotlight?" she asked.
Mark nodded "It does. It will probably be for a week or so but you can never tell".
Ben nodded "Do it before those two post anything" he said referring to his step aunties.
"Are you both sure?" Margarite asked looking at Ben and Mark who both nodded "Okay do whatever it is you have to do".
Mark typed the word 'Go' to his mother who replied within seconds 'Released' he smiled "It's done".
Ben got his phone out "I will call dad and tell him now".
Mark nodded "I guess we should let Angelo and Ethan know".

They worked quickly letting their friends know but Ben said he would like to tell his father in person when they got to LA. Ben stood there for a moment taking in the scene, his mothers excitement and grandparents had wandered in to the kitchen leaving Steven and his family in the family room were also excited. Ben never thought his grandparents would get it but was surprised on how up with the times they actually were. It was just 15 minutes when the door bell rang and Margarite went to answer it. She returned with Angelo, Ethan, Tony and Adam who had all come to offer their congratulations. Ellie and Jack turned up with Sophie a few minutes later and Margarite was quite relieved to see Ellie and explained how everything just seemed to happen and she was happy for Ben.

Finally things quietened down and Ben turned to Mark and asked to take him home away from all the chaos. Both of them exhausted they laid facing each other in bed laughing for no particular reason just happiness. Eventually Ben surfaced from bed at 9am whilst Mark was already up drinking coffee and sitting in the study on the computer. Ben plodded down to the kitchen and grabbed a coffee, his looked at his finger at the ring that he now wore as a symbol of Mark's love. He picked up the cup and wandered through to the study and sat down in the sofa.

"Morning, what time did you get up?" Ben asked snuggling up on the sofa.
Mark watched him "About an hour a go, my phone kept going off" he laughed.
"Yeah" Ben said looking at his "mine hasn't gone massively crazy but a few messages, oh one from my step father".
Mark looked up at him "And, what does it say?" he asked.
Ben read aloud "Ben I know we never really connected, have wired money to your account use it to buy Mark a ring".
Mark smiled and looked back the computer screen "Well at least he seems to be coming around".
Ben shrugged his shoulders "What are you doing?".
"Ah mother told me to check the Hello website" he said typing on the keyboard.
Ben jumped up "Am I famous now" he laughed coming to terms with the conversation last night.

Mark sat back and read the article aloud to Ben "The race is over girls Mark Davenport is off the market. David and Madeline Davenport made a surprise announcement last evening that their son Mark has got engaged to a Benjamin Midler-Warren from the east coast. We are yet to see who the beau is that stole Mark's heart and no one saw this one coming shutting the door firmly on months of speculation about his sexual orientation".

Ben came round to his side "Oh shit" he stood scratching his head giggling "This really does happen".
Mark laughed "I expect mother is negotiating the wedding rights as well".
Ben looked down at him "It won't be big will it?" he began to feel a little jittery and slightly daunted.
"No we can keep it to family and close friends if you prefer" he assured Ben rubbing his ass.

Ben dragged Mark to the shops and being Black Friday it was busy as people clambered around trying to grab the best bargains, fortunately the shop they were heading for was busy but not overly manic, Ben used the money from his step father to get Mark a ring. Glad to be done they headed back home to spend the rest of the day packing before heading to Angelo's for dinner with the gang. Franco arrived at Angelo's early as he was visiting other family in Brooklyn and so decided to head straight over, as he parked the car on the street he spotted Josh walking in his direction so he stayed there waiting leaning against his car. As straight as Franco was there was just something about the way Josh would smile at him like he was doing now which got him all fuzzy and warm inside.

As the evening wore on it was plain to see they way Franco interacted with Josh was very different, it was almost like it was on another level. From the stolen glances each would make when the other was not looking to the lengthy conversations they would have between themselves about absolute nonsense. Angelo watched them both carefully when not engaged in conversation himself but could not figure them out. Josh's dazzling blue eyes seem to sparkle in contradiction to Franco's Latin sultry looks he wore that evening and it had not gone unnoticed especially by Josh. It was towards the end of the meal when Franco announced that his parents and he were moving to Puerto Rico in 2 weeks time. Angelo quickly looked at Josh and saw the sparkle extinguish from his eyes at the news, he put on a brave face hiding his emotions. Franco and Josh had strangely developed an incredible bond of friendship over the few weeks they knew each other, Josh had secretly held a crush on Franco despite being told to forget about him.

Josh was first to leave using the excuse he had to work in the morning, walking down the street towards his family home he had got no more than 50 meters before he burst into tears. Inwardly he was broken beyond words as Franco was the only guy who he had really taken more than just a fancy to. He slipped in to the small public garden and sat down on a bench and cried his anguish out.

Mark waited until Franco left and walked in to the kitchen find Angelo and Ethan cleaning up whilst Ben chatted putting glasses away, he went over and gave Ben a kiss before going over to where Angelo stood.

"Did you know about Franco moving?" Mark asked leaning against the counter.
Angelo looked at him "There had been mutterings in the family but nothing concrete until now" he replied.
Mark nodded "You know Josh is distraught about it".
Angelo stopped what he was doing "Really?" he said looking surprised.
"Have you not noticed how close they had become has friends since the kiss" Mark said.
Angelo smiled "Yes but he knows Franco is straight".
"He has a massive crush on Franco" Ethan chipped in hearing them.
Angelo looked over at Ethan "Fuck did I really miss that, I'm usually dam good at spotting these things".
Mark shook his head "I think we may have to look after Josh a bit, I saw his face when Franco announced he was going".

Despite Mark and Angelo's warning to Josh not to get hung up on Franco he hadn't listened, he now sat in the park feeling like his gut had been ripped out of him. Stupid he told himself over and over, he unlocked his phone and looked at the selfie of Franco and him taken a few days prior.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 9

Part 29 - A World Apart

Mark dragged Ben out of bed and pushed him in to the bathroom to shower, Ben complained it was way to early to be up but the airline car would be picking them up in an hour at 6am. Under the hot water Ben started to wake up properly feeling the soap suds and Mark's hands caressing his body. Ben giggled as he relaxed back against Mark's chest feeling the arousal and cock poking at his ass, Ben gyrated his ass against Mark's cock forcing it to slip deeper between his ass cheeks until he felt the head meeting his hole. Mark kissed his neck and told him off since they didn't have time and would have to wait until later. Ben turned and kissed him fully on the mouth, his hands fumbling to find the shower gel and he began to soap Mark's body with tender erotic movements as they kissed continually, eventually Mark slapped Ben's ass telling him off again and to get a move on.

Ben finished dressing thinking about the trip ahead which caused the nerves to kick in since he was really unsure what to expect, meeting Mark's parents again was a little daunting now he knew more about them. The car arrived spot on and they were whisked off to the airport, this would be Ben's second flight in his life and much longer than previous one with his family when they flew down to Atlanta for a weekend. To his surprise the car drove in to a private zoned off area where the airline escort met them and escorted them through check-in and up to the airlines private lounge where they sat down and were made comfortable by the attendant.

Ben looked around at the surroundings and then at Mark "What do we do now?" he asked looking lost.
Mark laughed "Watch the planes, or here read a newspaper" he said handing him a copy.
Ben looked at it "Oh, I have never really read one" he replied looking a little shocked.
Mark smiled "It just passes the time until I can touch you again".
Ben chuckled and began reading the paper "Wow" he said "There is a news report of a crash in LA".
Mark looked up from his phone "Some mad person driving stupidly I expect, what does it say".
Ben read aloud to Mark "Car overturned at the intersection at the bottom of Rodeo drive, driver died in hospital".
Mark tutted "I know the place but surprised anyone could get up speed down there".
Ben looked up listen to this "The driver kidnapped the 26 year old son of British hotel owners after he became involved with the drivers ex lover, the victim was found in the trunk of the car unharmed and suffering minor cuts and bruises. Since the driver of the car passed away no further charges are being made and LA Police have closed the case".
Mark shook his head "My god that must have been horrifying for him" he said.
Ben looked up "I don't have to worry about any loose cannons in your past do I?".
Mark laughed "No certainly not, strange they kept the names out of the press".
"Mr Davenport, Mr Midler-Warren if you are ready the flight is now boarding" the airline escort stood in front of them.
"Ready Ben?" Mark said standing up.

Ben nodded and put the paper down open at the shocking story he just read and walked besides Mark towards the gate, they were escorted through and into first class. Ben sat down like an excited child in his surroundings and was amazed at the service and attention Mark and he were getting from the cabin crew. The flight departed and Ben was reclined in his seat next to Mark with their fingers entwinned chatting away. The captain came out of the cockpit and stopped by them addressing Mark by name and then looking to Ben.

"Mr Midler-Warren I'm captain John Silitoe, may I personally welcome you on board".
Ben blushed a little "Thank you" he replied as the captain handed him a black airline concierge club card.
"This is your personal card inviting you to the Concierge Key club" the captain said standing and smiling.
"Oh right" Ben said looking at the card confused.
Mark chuckled and looked at the captain "It's all very new to him, thank you captain".
Ben watched as he walked around saying good morning to other first class passengers "What is it?" he looked at Mark.

Mark smiled and explained about the club to Ben who listened intently saying wow every now and then. Slowly Ben was beginning to understand how much his life would in no doubt change and he made Mark promise that they would try to keep their home life simple and not change to drastically. It was this quality that Mark found so endearing about Ben and knew he had made the right decision, he promised to try and keep things as near normal but he had to expect somethings would be different except one thing his love for him. Mark watched Ben who was sound asleep for the last few hours of the flight still clutching his black Concierge Key card, after all it was the closest thing he had to a credit card and was quite smitten with it. As the plane doors were opened they were met and escorted through to the airlines waiting limousine and chauffeur who was standing with the door open.

The chauffeur tipped his cap "Good morning Mr Davenport, Liongate 616 Nimes Road Bel Air, east gate compound?".
"Good morning, it is indeed" Mark said as he stepped inside the limousine after Ben.
Ben lightly punched Mark on the arm "Your parents live Bel Air, can we go on the homes of the stars tour?".
Mark laughed "Of course, anyway you will probably see a few whilst here" he said giving Ben a quick kiss.

The limousine pulled away as Ben shifted in his seat looking at LA through the eyes of a first time visitor, the limousine headed up towards Pacific Palisades via Santa Monica where Mark pointed out where the accident must have happened. The chauffer hearing them began telling them all about it and how it was a bad crash, about 20 cop cars on site that had tailed the overturned car down from Beverley Hills and there was a rumour that some movie star was somehow involved but it was pretty hushed up by the LAPD. Ben found himself engrossed in the conversation with the chauffeur after all it felt weird reading about something and then seeing where it actually happened. Mark had sent a text to his mother telling her they were on their way from the airport and half paying attention. Suddenly Ben became aware they were now driving through Bel Air passing immaculately kept road side verges and palm trees as they continued until the limousine turned on to Bel Air Rd and slowed at the gate house before continuing and turning right on to St. Pierre up to Nimes Road.

Ben turned to Mark "Are all the houses hidden up here?" he asked.
"Most of them, it's a privacy thing, here we are".
Ben looked out of the window "I can't see a house".

The limousine stopped in front of some impressive gates framed by lions either side, Mark tapped a code in to an App on his phone and the gates began to slide open revealing a driveway that the limo passed along eventually opening in to a large courtyard area fronting the imposing mansion. Ben looked in awe 'Oh my god' he quietly said as the limo stopped and he saw Mark's mother and father coming out of the front doors. Ben exited the limo in to the warm Californian sunshine, a gentleman appeared and took the cases inside through an alternative entrance. His eyes could not take in the size of the mansion as he kept looking from left to right taking it all in, David watched Ben with some amusement but also aware of how out of his comfort zone he must be feeling right now.

"Mark, Ben how lovely to see you" Madeline said walking over and kissing Mark and Ben.
David kissed Mark then Ben and looked at him "Welcome to Liongate Ben, Mark will give you a tour later".
Ben kept looking at the building "Wow it's big".
David laughed "I'm sure you will enjoy it here Ben, it is after all a family home just a bit bigger than most".
Ben smiled at David "That's an under statement" he said as his eyes wandered to the left annexe jutting out.
David followed his look "Oh that bit you don't go into it's where the staff live".
"That's almost as big as our house in Harrison" Ben joked.
David looked at Mark and Madeline "You two go ahead I will take Ben around the grounds and meet you for lunch".
Ben walked with David around the staff wing "How big is this place?" he asked as they walked into a smaller courtyard.
"11 bedrooms in the main house and 5 in the staff wing but we only have 3 who live in" David replied.
Ben scratched his head "It is amazing but daunting" as they entered on to the pool terrace.
David looked at Ben "It is partly your home now as well Ben. That is we hope Mark and you will come here often".
Ben looked across the pool and lawn and up to the back of the house which was even more impressive "Thank you" he said.
David put his arm around Ben's shoulder "You are family Ben and Maddy and I will help you adjust".
Ben looked at him "Adjust?" he asked.
David nodded "Yes, not to be so intimidated by this and think of it as home when you are here".
Ben smiled feeling quite relaxed with David "Just don't be angry if I get something wrong" he joked laughing.
David laughed "Well at least the food here is better than Mark's pasta dish" he shuddered laughing.
"Oh you have tried it as well" Ben said laughing with David "it wasn't that bad".
David nodded "Come on lets grab some lunch they are waiting for us".

David really warmed to Ben and knew Mark had made a good choice and that he would keep his son grounded. Ben had lost all his nerves and anxiousness as they lunched together on the pool terrace enjoying the warmth and being away from the cold of north east coast. Pedro one of the live in staff caught Ben's eye as he served lunch, he was around Mark's age and carried beautiful Hispanic looks. What was evident was that Mark's parents treated him almost like a family member when speaking to him which helped ease Ben's weird feeling of being served lunch by what was in reality a servant to the family. When he was out of earshot David explained that Pedro was orphaned at 16 and had applied for jobs all over Bel Air and Palisades looking for live in positions and it was Mark who convinced them to hire him so there would be someone his age in the house.

As lunch finished Maddy stood up "Dinner at 7.30 boys, you will meet the rest of the family Ben" she said.
Mark nodded "Selina is my sister, she lives down the street. Did you get the packet I sent?" he asked his mother.
Maddy turned "Oh yes, it's in your room, great choice by the way".
Mark noticed Ben's curious look "I did something naughty, that flashy dinner suit you liked is upstairs".
Ben furrowed his eyebrows at Mark "I told you it was to expensive".
David laughed "Ooh domestic we don't get those very often round here".
Mark smiled at Ben "I brought it for you, I liked how you looked in it".
David stood up "Give in Ben, one thing you will learn Mark is stubborn, get's it from his mother and grand mother".
Ben threw his hands up "Okay you win this time" he said smiling at Mark.
David walked off laughing "Won't be just this time Ben".
Mark laid back in his chair "Want to lay in the sun?".
Ben looked at Mark who was evidently more comfortable than he had sever seen him "Later and maybe a swim as well".
Mark laughed "Come on then I will show you to our room".
Ben smiled and stood up "Our room, you mean we will sleep together?" he said somewhat surprised.
"Of course" Mark replied taking Ben through to the house and showing him around.

They wandered through the spacious lounges and dining room and out in to the entrance hall with the sweeping staircase leading up to the upper level, Mark pointing things out as they transcended the staircase. At the top the landing stretched away around corners with a multitude of doors leading off in to bedrooms, he point to the right side explaining his parents suite of rooms was down there whilst they went left and walked a few meters until Mark stopped and opened the double doors announcing that this was their room. Ben walked in to the lounge area which lead off to the bedroom and bathroom, he walked over to the balcony and peered out of the window that overlooked the pool and out to Stone Canyon, Mark closed the entrance doors and lead Ben in to the bedroom.

"Dressing room here leading to the bathroom, your clothes are all here unpacked" Mark said holding Ben's hand.
Ben looked around "Why would you leave all of this it's amazing" he said looking at Mark.
"It is still home to me, I live out east to be with Angelo as he is my closest friend" Mark said walking in to bathroom.
Ben followed him "You must have friends here surely?" he asked.
Mark nodded "A few but not really close friends, they are Bel Air kids so mostly socialites and pretentious brats" he replied quietly.
Ben could sense it was not a subject he liked to dwell on "We will make our own friends if you like".
Mark smiled and stood in front of Ben "There is just one thing left to do" he said.

Before Ben could ask what that was Mark kissed Ben and picked him up taking him to the bedroom, Ben didn't need to second guess after all he was horny as hell and began undressing Mark quickly as they kissed and touched each other. Mark finally got Ben naked apart from his socks and pushed him back, Ben squealed as he fell backwards on to the bed laughing his legs flying up in the air and from no where he commanded Mark to bang him good. Mark smirked and grabbed Ben's legs pushing them over his own shoulders leaning forward he gripped hold of Ben's arms and kissed him. Ben wriggled but found he was firmly balled up by Mark and he could feel that Mark was already aroused and leaking precum.

Mark kissed Ben locking their mouths together as he wriggled his hips to position his cock, no sooner had he found his prize he pushed causing Ben to snap his eyes open in surprise and moan at the unexpected painful intrusion. To his own amazement Ben just wriggled his ass around Mark's cock that was already half inside him, he was breathing rapidly through his nose, his mouth clamped open and full of Mark's tongue and saliva. His excitement and desire clear to see in his eyes and Mark pushed the rest of his cock deep inside Ben, his back arched and he moaned in pleasure in to Mark's mouth, he had no time to adjust as Mark's own lust for Ben was being pounded in to his body in deep firm rapid thrusts. The pain he felt quickly evaporating as he wanted this and needed it, almost giggling at the thought of being pinned down and fucked as a play thing.

Mark stopped kissing and began grunting sounds as he breathed out rapidly, Ben could feel his body tensing and hot breath of Mark flowing over his face looking each other in the eye. Ben cried out as he felt Mark lock his cock deep and feeling the pulsating contractions followed by the warming sensation of Mark's seed flowing in to his ass. They laid in silence with just the heavy breathing filling the room with ambient sound, Mark released Ben's arms and legs pushing him up further on to the bed until Mark laid on top of him kissing him tenderly for several moments until he pulled his legs up under Ben's thighs. It took a moment before Ben realised he was going to get it again, he pulled Marks face towards him and kissed him madly and deeply feeling Mark gyrating his still hard cock. The gyrating moved in to a rhythmical gentle thrusting, Ben's was more heightened than ever still recovering from the first fucking he just got, his own cock bouncing up and down leaking like a faucet and he knew he was about to orgasm. Mark looked down at Ben and smiled his hips using a more gyrating thrust action which caused Ben to grab his arms tightly and arching his back 'oh fuck' he said his eyes rolling up in ecstasy feeling the pulsing of his own cock as he shot a big ribbon of seed up along his chest and splashing against his neck. His ass muscles contracted around Mark's cock 'oh wow' Mark cried ramming his cock in several times harder then ever against the tight muscles contracting around his cock, quickly he was brought over the edge rearing up and pushing harder erupting and sending more seed in to Ben.

Mark collapsed exhausted on top of Ben hearing the squelching as their bodies met sliding against Ben's cum covered chest. Ben still feeling the pulsing of Mark's cock stroked his back and kissed his neck 'Mark I love you so much' Ben's whispered in to his ear. Mark mumbled a barely audible 'Your all mine Ben and I love you', locked together in sexual embrace they laid looking at each other smiling, giggling and kissing.

Ben came out of the bathroom and put on a pair of Mark's speedos and made their way down to the pool terrace, they spent the rest of the afternoon swimming and sunbathing. Maddy was sat in a lounger chair reading a book whilst David was walking around the gardens with the gardener talking plants to replace the bare patch at one end of the grounds. Ben dozed off a couple of times as the 3 hour time difference was subtly playing with his body clock, either that or it was the hammering he took upstairs. Maddy put her book down as the butler brought them refreshments out and placed them on the table, after he left she stood up and picked up two of the glasses and wandered over to where Mark and Ben where laying.

"Someone looks tired" she said to Ben as he opened his eyes.
Ben sat up "All this excitement is getting to me" he said thanking her as she handed him the glass.
Mark came over and sat on Ben's bed "Thanks mum" she smiled and sat down on the bed beside them.
"Are you settled in Ben?" Maddy asked him.
Ben nodded "Sort of, it is strange getting use to such a big place like this".
Maddy smiled at him "It will grow on you Ben, Liongate has a way of pulling people in".
"I can sort of see why, it's so tranquil as well" Ben said putting his glass down.
"Tell me boys have you decided on a date and place?" she asked looking at Ben and Mark.
Mark put his glass down "To be honest we haven't had time to think about that yet" he said looking at Ben.
Maddy looked pensive for a moment "Well I hope you will consider here" she offered.
Ben looked at Mark then to Maddy "You mean marry here?" he said.
Maddy nodded "Yes, it would be great if you would consider it at as an option and there is plenty of room".
"Mother" Mark said looking at her "out with it, what have you done?"
Maddy laughed "Okay, I did a deal with one of the magazines" she finally told them looking down.
Mark looked at Ben "How much?" he asked glancing at his mother.
Maddy looked up at Mark "Pittance really just $500k but it doesn't stop you marrying wherever you want".
Ben laughed "Why would they want to pay that to see us marry?".
Maddy smiled looking at Ben "Circulation numbers, plus we get professional photos for free".
"Oh right" Ben laughed.
Maddy smiled "Anyway the money will go in your joint bank account".
Mark picked up his drink "We don't have one Mother".
"Ah" Maddy had a small grin on her face "Your father has set one up for you both".
Mark shook his head looking at Ben "Parents" he said and laughed.

Ben's mind was racing with so many things going on in his head he was struggling to keep up or make any sense of it all, they spent the rest of the afternoon dozing and relaxing which helped Ben get over the jetlag in time for dinner. Ben ran his head down the suit jacket feeling the expensive material and looking at himself in the mirror, he had to double take just to ensure he was not imagining how good he really did look in the dinner suit. Mark finished dressing and came back in to the bedroom and smiled seeing Ben looking dashing.

"I told you that dinner suit looked good on you" Mark walked over and kissed and Ben.
Ben smiled "Yeah you were right, it does feel good" he said as Mark took his hands.
"I'm hungry are you ready?" he asked looking at Ben who nodded and they walked out along the hallway.
Ben looked over down the staircase and paused "I thought this was a family dinner?" he looked nervous.
Mark held Ben's hand tighter "It is and few friends of the family, don't worry I am here with you".

Ben nodded and the stepped on to the staircase that swept downwards to the entrance hall where cocktails were being served. He had never felt so nervous, in fact coming out to his family proved to be much easier than what he was about to face. A mix of 20 people stood mingling and talking, only a couple looked up nodded and smiled. He spotted Mark's sister due to the resemblance to Maddy immediately. Mark had told Ben a little bit about his sister and husband John who was from Texas and his family owned a cattle ranch, but what intrigued him more was Mark saying how John was stead fast in his ways which made for a good relationship with Mark's father but never quite close as family. As they neared the bottom step David came forward beaming with a brilliant smile, for a man in his mid 40's he cut a pretty fine figure and easily stood out from the rest. Ben could clearly see that Mark got his looks from his father.

"Ben wow you look incredible" he leaned forward and kissed him on the cheek and then did the same with Mark.
Ben blushed a little "Thank you, and your dinner suite looks really nice" he said.
David chuckled "You charmer Ben" he said and put his arm around Ben introducing him around.
Mark slid off to grab a cocktail and speak to his mother "I thought this was a family dinner".
Maddy patted his arm "It is almost. Your father absolutely loves Ben" she said watching them.
Mark nodded "Strange, he has never taken to John like that".
"I think Ben just has that quality about him that John doesn't and he clearly sees how in love you are" Maddy said looking over where John stood.
Mark took his mother's arm and walked towards Ben "I hope this doesn't freak Ben out" he said.
Maddy looked at Mark "Your father seems to have taken him under his wing, he will be alright Mark".
"I hope so mother, I really hope so" Mark stood with his head to one side looking at Ben.
Maddy kissed his head "It so nice to see you happy like this Mark, did he really have no idea about you?".
Mark smiled "Yes, he thought I just worked for Angelo. He has no grip on money, doesn't want it and just wants us to live like we are now".
Maddy nodded "Explains why your father likes him, John just came in expecting everything".
Mark looked at her with surprise "I didn't know that" he said as they wondered over to Ben and David.
"Your father knows that type of person that is why he is amiable if a little distant with him" Maddy told Mark.

As they moved through the guests stopping to quickly chat they got to where Ban and David stood chatting to Mark's sister Selina and her husband John. Maddy saw the unmistakable glances John would make in Ben's direction, clearly he was put out at how Ben walked in a few hours ago and stole the show with David. Selina on the other hand just saw how happy Mark was and by respect for that she actually liked Ben. Selina was a year younger than Mark and she was as attractive as her mother, just as polished thanks to her private boarding school she attended in the UK during her teens. Her husband John was a year older than Mark, blond hair and blue eyes with a ranch persons solid muscular build.

"What are your plans whilst you are here Mark?" Selina asked her brother.
"Well we are going to see Ben's father for Sunday afternoon and Rodeo Drive in the morning" he replied.
Selina looked at Ben "Where does your father live Ben?" she asked.
"Somewhere down the coast a place called Laguna Beach" he said feeling Mark holding his hand.
Selina nodded "Laguna is beautiful, I expect he is looking forward to seeing you".
Ben looked down "I hope so, I mean I haven't seen him for about 6 years my parents are divorced".
"Oh, I'm sorry" Selina replied looking a little upset having put her foot in it.
Ben smiled at her "Yeah unfortunately I have a wicked step father back east, it's all very complicated".
Selina smiled and nodded "Well John is off to Texas Monday morning so I hope we can have lunch or something".
Ben looked at Mark who smiled and nodded his head "Yes we would love to".

Maddy came over with an ordinary looking man carrying a professional camera and Ben almost freaked out and became nervous. She put her arm around him and said it was just a few minutes for pictures of you both. Ben and Mark went off to one of the lounges for 15 minutes having photos taken and then a group one when they re-joined the party and the photographer left.

Ben looked at Mark "Well wasn't so bad I guess just nerve racking" he said as Mark laughed and kissed him.
Maddy approached them "Well done Ben you just earned $100k".
Ben stood opened mouth for a moment "Just for doing that?".
Maddy smiled "Yes and the pictures looked great, they will send them to us tomorrow".
David pushed in and grabbed Ben again "Ben let me take you into the dining room before dinner".
Selina chuckled as David and Ben disappeared and walked over to Mark "Father really likes Ben".
Mark was acute enough to know when to play things down "He wants to make sure he doesn't faux pas at dinner".
Selina laughed "Not use to this then?" she asked
Mark took his sisters arm as they walked towards the dining room "He is just Ben and that is what I love about him".
"You don't think this will change him?" Selina asked stopping.
Mark looked at her "Maybe a bit, I mean I hope he will get use to coming here".
Selina looked at him "You are not moving back to Liongate then?".
Mark shook his head "No, well I don't think so, anyway it would have to be mutual decision if we ever talk about it".
"I am surprised and a little upset, I thought you might have been coming home at last" Selina said as they walked.
Mark laughed "Who knows sis".
"How is Angelo, we haven't seen him for over a year?" She asked changing the subject.
Mark grabbed a glass of champagne "He is well, getting married as well and the business doing really well".
"I heard on the family grapevine he found someone" she said grabbing a glass for herself.
Mark smiled "Yes his name is Ethan and is Ben's best friend".
"No way, how bizzare" she replied looking shocked.
Mark chuckled "That's how I met Ben at a party at Angelo's".
Selina clinked her champagne glass with Mark's "How funny the way things happen, when did you know?".
Mark sipped his champagne "Right there when I first saw him, everything just fell in to place".

Dinner was called just as David finished explaining to Ben about the cutlery on the table who found it quite amusing trying to remember to work from the outside in. But Ben still didn't know who half the guests where at dinner, he found his name above on the place setting and saw to his relief that on his right would be Maddy. Mark would be across the table with David and Selina. Guests mingled around the table and Maddy saw Ben looking a little lost and immediately went over to him, he felt like a nobody amongst all the guests there who were all wealthy and notable in their areas of business or life.

"You okay Ben" Maddy asked putting her around him.
Ben nodded "Yes, I just feel a little odd around all these people, I mean they are all something".
Maddy looked him in the eye "Ben never feel like that, being part of this family means you are someone".
He looked slightly confused "Maddy I can't pretend to understand any of this" he said nervously.
Maddy hugged him "You are just as if not more important than the people in this room Ben".
Ben nodded still not really grasping it "It's a lot to take in".
She took him over to his seat at the table opposite Mark "Always remember David and I are here for you".

Being opposite Mark calmed him down and he began to relax more and more over dinner, thankfully David sat opposite next to Mark and would hint which cutlery to use as they dined. Mark would swap the cutlery around when Ben wasn't looking and it took him a moment to realise what was going on since Selina gave it away but her constant giggling. Ben was relieved when dinner was over and they went and sat outside on the terrace in the cool air.

Mark kissed Ben discreetly as they sat down "You survived" he said holding his hand.
Ben smiled "It was okay, next time you mess around with my cutlery I will stab your hand with a fork".
Mark laughed so hard "God you make me so happy Ben".
Ben leaned in next to Mark surveying the grounds and mansion "Let's do it here, get married".
Mark kissed his head "Thank you, I know my parents will be over the moon".
"I just feel it is right and as a thank you to your parents for welcoming me" Ben said with much feeling.
Mark looked at Ben "Kiss me" he said as Selina came out looking for them.
"5 minutes then you must come in, father wants to make a speech" she said tutting at them kissing.
Mark looked up "Okay" then he looked at Ben "Marry me soon I can't wait Ben".
Ben stood up "Day after Christmas" he said holding his hand out to Mark.
Mark stood up smiling "I can wait 3 weeks" he said laughing and kissing Ben.
"What do we have to do to get this done?" Ben suddenly asked not really thinking through the idea.
Mark looked at Ben "My mother will take care of it, I think that is why she wanted us to marry here" he replied as they walked across the terrace.
Ben smiled "Yeah I sort of got the exactment from her  when we talked about it".

They walked back in to the dining room holding hands just as David was getting ready to Make his speech clearing his throat as if he needed to "Family and friends, thank you so much for coming this evening for dinner. Maddy and I never really expected to be hosting a dinner for our son and his husband to be Ben. When I first met Ben he was rolling on the floor with Mark at his house warming, apologies if I am embarrassing you both, but when you see such love between two people you forgive them for behaving like animals. But I have to say he is a most charming and polite person when Mark leaves him alone. In case your are wondering I am not going to drone on but just wanted to say that we couldn't be happier to have Ben as part of our family. Ben and Mark" he raised his glass followed by everyone else in the room who cheered. Ben was becoming a fast emotional wreck at being shown so much love from Mark's parents and was doing his best to control himself, having Mark by his side was all he needed. His whole life in a matter of weeks had changed as plain and ordinary Ben from Harrison was now loved by the most incredible person he had ever met, broken free from his repressing step father he now saw a life he could now enjoy.

Guests numbers were dwindling as they began to leave, Mark sat down next to Ben and reached up to undo Ben's tie whilst their eyes fixated on each other. It was these small tiny noticeable things that Maddy and David had picked up and she squeezed David's arm as they walked in the lounge after the last guests had left and nodded towards them. David smiled and patted her hand seeing such devotion to each other. Maddy had arranged coffee for the four of them and they took the sofa opposite Ben and Mark.

"You want to tell them Ben?" Mark said sitting back holding Ben's hand.
Maddy looked at Ben and Mark "Tell us what?" she asked inquisitively.
Ben looked at Mark "We want to marry the day after Christmas here at Liongate".
Maddy looked at them "Oh thank you Ben, this means so much. Oh my so much to do now".
David smiled and looked at Ben "Excellent, doesn't give much time to get things sorted" he suddenly realised.
Mark spoke up "But, it is to be a small celebration" he said smiling at his mother.
Maddy composed herself having found pen and paper to start making a list "If that is what you want".
David put his hand on Maddy's to stop her writing then looked at Ben "There is a lot to get done".
Ben watched David making an unmistakable hint to Maddy before he asked "Maddy would you like to organise it?".
Maddy looked up at Ben "Of course, it's what I do best, that is if you don't mind Ben?".
Ben shook his head "Maddy I wouldn't know where to start".
"Thank you Ben, you and Mark will need to make some decisions about colours and food" Maddy said writing on her pad.
Ben laughed and started speaking "As long as there is no pasta..." Mark punched him on the arm.
"Don't you dare make fun of my pasta" he said as the four of them sat laughing.
"I need names of who you want to invite and we will see what the numbers come out like" Maddy said.

When they retired for the evening Ben suddenly thought about friends and family as it was Christmas and if they would be able to fly out. Mark settled in to bed next to Ben and told him that the ones he loved most can stay at Liongate. It was coming up to midnight and Ben was exhausted plus the time difference was beginning to take it's toll. Ben rolled on to his side and cuddled up to Mark dozing off just as his phone pinged. Mark reached over and saw a message from Angelo 'Franco leaving 2nite, move brought forward at airport now, Josh is in pieces with Adam and Tony, Franco knows how Josh feels, hope your both well. A xx'. Ben was asleep so Mark put his phone down and closed his eyes thinking about Josh, annoyed more than anything after all the warnings he had been given about Franco being straight, but at the same time he felt much sorrow for him.

At Newark airport Josh had wandered over to security with Adam and Tony, his eyes red from crying but now with a more steely determination that he had to forget about him, although they had bonded in friendship it was a crush he had to overcome. Angelo was hugging Franco, his parents had just gone through and were waiting for him at the gate.

Franco saw Josh approach and looked up at Angelo "Sorry I have to say good bye to Josh".
"Bet you never thought you would break a boys heart Franco" Angelo said patting him on the shoulder.
Franco walked over to him "Joshy, you mean so much to me and thank you for your friendship".
Josh looked at Franco and smiled feebly "Gonna miss you Franco, more that you can imagine" he said wiping his eyes.
"Trust me I know Joshy, do me a favour and find yourself a real nice guy" Franco said hugging Josh.
Josh pulled away "Easier said than done".

Franco said one last good bye and went through security, as he turned he saw Josh being comforted by Adam and Ethan. He fully understood now what Angelo meant about Josh's feelings running way to deep for him. He shook his head in sadness thinking about the night when he kissed Josh in a drunken frenzy, strangely he felt a stirring in his groin as he thought about the kiss. Franco watched Manhattan disappearing from the aircraft window as the flight ascended heading south, his thought purely on Josh and how much he was going to miss him. He felt his mothers hand on his arm in a comforting way as she knew that the move whilst good for Franco's father still meant leaving their life behind.

Ben and Mark were strolling along Rodeo drive taking in some of the sights before they needed to be at the Four Seasons to meet Maddy and David for lunch. Mark wore a baseball cap which Ben thought looked kind of ridiculous since he had never seen him wear one before but also added a new sexy look about him. Ben in to the Canali store where they browsed around looking at the casual wear. Every now and then Ben would tutt and shake his head seeing the price of the casual polos and shirts but he did like the designs of a couple of the shirts.

"Try them on if you like them Ben" Mark suggested standing behind him.
Ben showed the price tag to Mark "Not at these prices" he said quietly "Can't we go to Walmart?".
"Certainly not and don't ever swear like that again" Mark retorted giggling.
Ben turned to him "Only if you promise to make love only wearing the baseball cap tonight".
Mark pinched Ben's ass "Deal" he said "But seriously if you like it try it on".
The shop assistant Serge approached "Can I help your gentlemen please?".
Mark didn't turn around but leaned over Ben's shoulder "He wants to try these shirts on please".
Serge coughed "I'm sorry but you have to request appointments to try garments on".
Ben giggled "Never mind we will shop elsewhere" he said turning to look at Mark and Serge.
Serge stopped in his tracks "Oh, I do apologise I didn't recognise you, of course you may try the shirts on".
Ben looked at Serge "You recognised me?" he said confused.
Serge smiled and called to Hameed "Fitting room and assistance for Mr Midler-Warren please Hameed".

Ben was whisked off to a fitting room with an attendant as he tried on the first shirt and came out to show Mark who nodded and said he should wear it to his fathers this afternoon. Ben nearly said something about the price but remember David's words yesterday about how stubborn Mark can be on somethings.

"Do you think I can afford it Mark?" Ben asked and heard Hameed sucking air through his teeth.
Mark laughed "Money is a dirty word in these boutiques Ben. Hameed charge it to the Davenport account" he said.
Hameed stood behind Ben "Would you like anything else sir?".
Ben shook his head but Mark stood up and walked over to Hameed "Whatever he wants or you think he needs".

An hour later they came out of the boutique clutching bags and Mark smiling telling Ben that they could have delivered the bags home. But Ben was keeping hold of them quietly ashamed at how much everything had cost, they walked along Wilshire Boulevard and came to the imposing and impressive entrance to the hotel. Walking through the reception Ben couldn't help but notice several people nodded in their direction causing Ben to wonder if something was wrong, after all he wasn't exactly dressed for such an auspicious hotel, they stepped out on to the terrace to join Maddy and David at their table and noticing two other people who he didn't recognise were sat with them.

"I see you have been to Canali" David said looking at the 7 bags.
Mark chuckled sitting down "I couldn't stop him once he started" he said patting the seat next to him for Ben.
"I'm sorry I didn't realise how much this would all cost" Ben replied looking slightly ashamed.
David laughed and waved his hand in the air "Enjoy yourself Ben".

Maddy laughed as Ben sat down and introduced the two gentlemen as Edward and Philip who were wedding planners and taking on the arrangements. After the introductions were done they gave some thoughts to a simple yet stylish celebration and then left leaving the four of them to enjoy lunch and talk more. The drive back to Liongate was sluggish with the traffic but they still had a few hours to spare before they would be heading to Laguna Beach to meet Ben's father.

"Have you thought about where you will go for your honeymoon?" Maddy asked Mark.
He shook his head "No not really, a beach would be nice, what do you think Ben?" he asked.
Ben knew by now to go with the flow "Beach sounds good, always wanted to go to the Caribbean".
Maddy smiled "Good, that will be my gift to you both" she already knew the perfect place.
Ben smiled "Thank you Maddy" he said as the car pulled up to Liongate.

Ben and Mark had changed and headed down to the courtyard to get in the limousine and headed off to Laguna Beach.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 5