How long before AIDS?

I was pozzed about a year ago.  I am not medicating.  I'm aware that it can take ten years, or more, for untreated HIV to develop into AIDS.  I'd like to know more about these statistics, though.  Is there an average or a bell curve?  I've found this article that suggests "five to ten years."  https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-long-does-it-take-for-hiv-to-progress-to-aids-47885

Edited by Memprys
Added link
  • Like 2

Guest descartes70817

It varies depending on the state of your immune system. Obviously the virus will attack and destroy your immune system, but if you start from having a weak immune system your viral load will increase faster, so while 10 years is typical it can take as little as 2 years. One thing I promise you is that you'll know when it advances to AIDS. You'll feel weak and tired all the time, constant diarrhea, random infections and illnesses all the time...

On 12/6/2018 at 8:30 AM, descartes70817 said:

It varies depending on the state of your immune system. Obviously the virus will attack and destroy your immune system, but if you start from having a weak immune system your viral load will increase faster, so while 10 years is typical it can take as little as 2 years. One thing I promise you is that you'll know when it advances to AIDS. You'll feel weak and tired all the time, constant diarrhea, random infections and illnesses all the time...

Just a note here, it’s not 10 years until AIDS, it’s about 10 years until death without treatment. But that scale can be very variable. It’s estimated that HIV exploded in the US in the mid to late 70’s which is why you saw many cases of “strange illnesses” in the early 80’s. Many were already infected, but the early 80’s is when people started dying. For those people the timeline is roughly 5-7 years. 

• Upvote 1

Did a little checking and found that after initial infection, it depends on you.  Your immune system, health and other factors.  AIDS could actually develop in as little as a few months, but normally takes at least 2 years and death, if untreated could come in as little as 3 years at worst to approx. 12 years at best.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MackyJay said:

Did a little checking and found that after initial infection, it depends on you.  Your immune system, health and other factors.  AIDS could actually develop in as little as a few months, but normally takes at least 2 years and death, if untreated could come in as little as 3 years at worst to approx. 12 years at best.

Not wanting meds, I will be ready for Aids in 2 years, death in 3 years, rather than waiting longer.

i get off hearing about men being dick with hiv . the symptoms of men hating there aids illnesses makes my tiny limp clitoris tiingle . i want to see you like that for myself n see men get off in you while u deteriorate . is your purpose and mine and all we can expect n deserve from our short life , 

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2018 at 4:41 AM, Memprys said:

I was pozzed about a year ago.  I am not medicating.  I'm aware that it can take ten years, or more, for untreated HIV to develop into AIDS.  I'd like to know more about these statistics, though.  Is there an average or a bell curve?  I've found this article that suggests "five to ten years."  https://www.verywellhealth.com/how-long-does-it-take-for-hiv-to-progress-to-aids-47885

I found a really good chart of AVERAGE unmedicated progression. 8 to 12 weeks, the VL soars to over a million, then stabilizes in the 10-15K range for about seven or eight years. The CD4 is also survivable during this period, although shingles and weird stuff you never got before are likely. Then your CD4 drops, you start catching lots of things, the VL soars again and you die. So chasing becomes trying to get the newly infected, or the near death, one time, or get people with a lower VL to fill you over and over. 

problem with going on and off meds the side effects get worse each time and it can build resistance to that regimen. I don’t think doing that delays the inevitable, it might even speed it up. 

Hard to tell when that CD4 drops without regular blood tests so waiting until then to go on meds might kill you painfully.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, bbcunthole said:

i get off hearing about men being dick with hiv . the symptoms of men hating there aids illnesses makes my tiny limp clitoris tiingle . i want to see you like that for myself n see men get off in you while u deteriorate . is your purpose and mine and all we can expect n deserve from our short life , 

I love it too, knowing and enjoying how vulnerable we are and that I (we) will get HIV and Aids, but not knowing when or how long will be left for fun and final pleasures while wasting away. The shorter the life left, the more exciting it seems to be. The ultimate and final pregnancy for a trans girl like me (and you).

4 minutes ago, BBTV6 said:

I love it too, knowing and enjoying how vulnerable we are and that I (we) will get HIV and Aids, but not knowing when or how long will be left for fun and final pleasures while wasting away. The shorter the life left, the more exciting it seems to be. The ultimate and final pregnancy for a trans girl like me (and you).

i dont want to get it but i need poz med to get off giving it to me n i wanna me fucked when im really sick n dying so i am just a thing to b abused n used for bad mans cocks . makes me feel so worthless 

Guest BBBoyfromTN

It varies really. I genuinely have no idea when I got pozzed or how long I’ve been poz but m completely asymptomatic. I have a bud from HS who tested poz at 18, was an athlete and in great physical shape. He decided not to go on meds as he felt good and he wound up with full blown AIDS within a year. Typically if you’re in good shape with a healthy immune system it takes longer. My bud was a total whore though and was constantly getting other STDs which wore down his immune system.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BreedingCameraman
On 12/16/2018 at 8:23 PM, Pozlover1 said:

Also one hit of Ecstasy eats 1/3 of your CD4 cells. A healthy 19 YO will get them back pretty soon. An HIV+ person will not. 

If that’s what a single hit of Ecstasy is able to do then what about the other “recreational substances” that a lot of people use? Ones like coke, meth, GHB (and its similar “offshoots”), MDMA, and all those other ones?

Guest JackEdJIZZ

Here is a link to an older article (2010) that indicates that CRACK use can speed up the loss of CD4 cells.   Interesting that no connection between powder coke doing the same thing was found.   Brief notice in article that booze and weed have no affect either.

https://archives.drugabuse.gov/news-events/nida-notes/2010/10/crack-cocaine-promotes-progression-hiv-infection-to-aids

Guest JackEdJIZZ

Here is another article, from earlier this year.  It indicates that there is some connection between the advancement of HIV due to Tina use-----EVEN with adherence to an antiviral regimen.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/05/180504122344.htm

Other reading indicates a lot of the info is still not proven in humans.   No doubt it is being actively researched, but I have not found any large scale human studies being conducted.