Can a 100% Top become POZ?

steve-tmq

The guy you're seeing is on meds, so the chance of him transmitting the virus to you are slim....and if he's undetectable, then there is no chance of transmission at all.

But to your general question - can a 100% top get pozzed up by fucking a poz bottom? The answer is YES. It can and does happen. That said, I think it is rare. I myself am an uncut top who has barebacked hundreds of guys since 2013 (so five years), some of whom I knew were poz because they told me and others who I am sure would have been poz, undiagnosed and therefore unmedicated. And yet I am still negative (I got tested for the first time in about four years last month.....but while my HIV was negative, my syphilis and gonohrea was positive....i'm currently on treatment for the syph). 

I was so sure I would be poz. Even though I'm an exclusive top (I never bottom), I was convinced I was infected because of the number of random, anon, casual bareback fucks I have had in saunas, cruising places, hook-ups from grindr etc. I made an educated guess that I was poz based on the CDC number of 1 in 161 transmission for uncut poz topping. I've definitely fucked way more than 161 guys and I'm still neg.

But there are total tops who swear they've never bottomed and yet they ended up with HIV. So it DOES happen. I just think that it's not as common. I think the majority of guys who get infected are bottoms and versatile guys.

But the thing to remember is this: You can poz anytime. it can be your first time fucking bareback or it could be your 50th time or your millionth time....but it can happen at any moment and BB sex is definitely akin to a game of Russian Roulette. 

Edited by concerned1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5