Is being poz as exciting once you get it?

Guest Humanurinal

Guest cardoc49
5 minutes ago, JackEdJIZZ said:

For certain, the safest thing about PrEP is the financial return from getting faggots hooked on this drug.   

I agree JackEd - luckily PrEP isnt offered faggots here in DK

2 hours ago, wood said:

Okay let’s get off the conspiracy train here....

As for PrEP, Sorry but the science is in, it works, and the safety of the drugs used in Truvada has been established in 20 years of studies and usage. 

Yes it works and is effective however it’s not for everyone. All drugs have side effects and the older you are the more likely the side effects. If I was younger there would be no issue but kidney function declines naturally with age and it does not need the additional stress of a drug that may be toxic.  The drug has been studied in older 65+ adults and they are more likely to suffer kidney issues so until they come up with a drug easier on the kidneys I will hold off.  

Edited by Kennethk13

1 hour ago, Pozlover1 said:

Rolls Royce does not have to advertise the quality of their motor cars. 

Hundai has to tell us about their “warranty” (which is all but useless).

If PrEP was safe they would not have to repeat over and over that it is. 

kapische?

??‍♂️

Literally everything in the world can have side effects, or be unsafe. Tylenol can be extremely hazardous if taken in levels that are even moderately above recommended levels. Gross exaggeration about the negative effects of PrEP/Truvada is idiotic. HIV is vastly more dangerous to health than Truvada. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, wood said:

??‍♂️

Literally everything in the world can have side effects, or be unsafe. Tylenol can be extremely hazardous if taken in levels that are even moderately above recommended levels. Gross exaggeration about the negative effects of PrEP/Truvada is idiotic. HIV is vastly more dangerous to health than Truvada. 

Like climate change this has become a religion fervently believed with zero actual proof - as in repeatable per the Scientific Method - either way.  Do what you want. It’s a free world, theoretically, or should be.  Is Travuda - or its brand spankin new replacement - taken for 70 years less harmful than HIV with the HIV meds for 60? Maybe. Maybe not. I have gotten along quite well by particularly avoiding anything being pushed that heavily. At one time an identical demographic was absolutely certain that if you did not eat Royal Jelly every day you would surely die. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, Kennethk13 said:

Yes it works and is effective however it’s not for everyone. All drugs have side effects and the older you are the more likely the side effects. If I was younger there would be no issue but kidney function declines naturally with age and it does not need the additional stress of a drug that may be toxic.  The drug has been studied in older 65+ adults and they are more likely to suffer kidney issues so until they come up with a drug easier on the kidneys I will hold off.  

Descovey has  TAF instead of TDF, which seems to be as effective with a smaller dose and less harmful to kidneys. It has not yet been approved for PrEP but I believe it will be. That or a great new bug spray. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 2:32 PM, analluv27 said:

Only thing I can stress is if you're going to chase look into your medical coverage if you have it. Will they cover meds and if so how much, also get life insurance now it's easier if you try getting it after conversion but it can get expensive. Get an inexpensive coverage that you could always increase if necessary.

I think I've been poz for six maybe eight years and for me it's not that drastically different from life before except I go to the doctors more and I'm more acutely aware of my body.

Sex I fluctuate frequently from getting piggy and taking almost any dick offered to the "naw I'm good son" and not hooking up at all

Becoming poz may change more your lifestyle than actually yourself and for some people that's the most scary part not sure if you'll deal with stigma or downright discrimination and it's everywhere I've experienced a little off in NYC. But if it does happen know you have people like us online to embrace you and encourage you.

I apologize for being long winded but know this whatever you choose it's your life and live best you can

sounds pretty much like my situation; there are community groups that can help offset costs on meds if you qualify

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm not Poz but i hooked up with a Poz guy a couple weeks ago.

Knowing he was Poz excited me so much that i had a full on erection while been fucked raw the hole time!!. (I don't normally have an erection while being fucked) 

Now that's how excited i was. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SissySwallows said:

Abusive post deleted

SissySwallows I don't think that most HIV infection cases are from chasers and "Alpha poz tops" but from men who are on the DL and are afraid to get tested. As it stands ultimately one's own well being is their personal responsibility especially now there's so many ways to protect one self. Chasers and Gifters as far as I can tell are subculture which no one can tell for certain who truly prescribe to this lifestyle and those it's just a fantasy 

Edited by drscorpio
  • Upvote 1

On 2/18/2019 at 1:32 PM, Pozlover1 said:

Like climate change this has become a religion fervently believed with zero actual proof - as in repeatable per the Scientific Method - either way.  Do what you want. It’s a free world, theoretically, or should be.  Is Travuda - or its brand spankin new replacement - taken for 70 years less harmful than HIV with the HIV meds for 60? Maybe. Maybe not. I have gotten along quite well by particularly avoiding anything being pushed that heavily. At one time an identical demographic was absolutely certain that if you did not eat Royal Jelly every day you would surely die. 

Let’s not get into a discussion about climate change....

When it comes down to it people over the last 100 years overall are living better and longer lives in great part thanks to modern science and medicine, and yes there have been many mistakes.  I don’t even disagree with some skepticism.  But there is a difference between skepticism and conspiracy theory.  I don’t think most people think being on PrEP for 30+ years would be a great idea.  However in the shorter term it’s a great tool for harm reduction, because the simple fact is, if you do contract hiv, you will be back on similar drugs for life at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

my brother was 13 years older than me, he was a faggot before it was a popular sub culture.  i was with him as he died of AID's in '84.  he was 6'2" and weighed 89 pounds. He had beginning dementia, Kaposis sarcoma, pneumonia, and intestinal parasitic infections that gave him continuous diarrhea.  At first, he refused to go to the hospital, to get treatment, then the last few months of his life he wanted to live. AZT was a new and experimental drug, it was all probably too late for him.  his dying and death were not fun or exciting for him or anyone else, and he was a very kinky guy. 

i'm a critical care nurse, i take care of critically ill patients all the time. i have yet to meet a person who enjoys the realities of being sick and debilitated. Feeling rotten is just that, feeling rotten... and that comes with all the opportunistic illnesses that accompany untreated HIV.  One can fantasize and romanticize about being POZ all they want, how many of you who are advocating in that way are in full blown AID's?  i'm not talking HIV poz, but the eventual result of AIDs, two very different conditions.  

Are medications  perfect and free of side effects? No.  If one is worried about the effects that meds can have on their body, why aren't they worried about the effects that come with HIV (they're worse). 

PreP and HIV suppression are about containment and prevention.  Think about it. If every gay guy who was HIV poz was on meds and suppressed, we wouldn't need PreP. Eventually, the infection rate would reverse and it would be harder to get.  

i suspect that there are very, very few who actually want to die a tortuous death from AID's or who want to inflict that on another. i'm sure they exist, just like Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer, but i doubt there are many like that.  Otherwise, i think the desire to be poz is ultimately an expression of self loathing, that it's homophobic. We're talking sickness and death here. There is no more final expression of self loathing than to kill your self. please don't do it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

22 hours ago, tallslenderguy said:

my brother was 13 years older than me, he was a faggot before it was a popular sub culture.  i was with him as he died of AID's in '84.  he was 6'2" and weighed 89 pounds. He had beginning dementia, Kaposis sarcoma, pneumonia, and intestinal parasitic infections that gave him continuous diarrhea.  At first, he refused to go to the hospital, to get treatment, then the last few months of his life he wanted to live. AZT was a new and experimental drug, it was all probably too late for him.  his dying and death were not fun or exciting for him or anyone else, and he was a very kinky guy. 

i'm a critical care nurse, i take care of critically ill patients all the time. i have yet to meet a person who enjoys the realities of being sick and debilitated. Feeling rotten is just that, feeling rotten... and that comes with all the opportunistic illnesses that accompany untreated HIV.  One can fantasize and romanticize about being POZ all they want, how many of you who are advocating in that way are in full blown AID's?  i'm not talking HIV poz, but the eventual result of AIDs, two very different conditions.  

Are medications  perfect and free of side effects? No.  If one is worried about the effects that meds can have on their body, why aren't they worried about the effects that come with HIV (they're worse). 

PreP and HIV suppression are about containment and prevention.  Think about it. If every gay guy who was HIV poz was on meds and suppressed, we wouldn't need PreP. Eventually, the infection rate would reverse and it would be harder to get.  

i suspect that there are very, very few who actually want to die a tortuous death from AID's or who want to inflict that on another. i'm sure they exist, just like Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer, but i doubt there are many like that.  Otherwise, i think the desire to be poz is ultimately an expression of self loathing, that it's homophobic. We're talking sickness and death here. There is no more final expression of self loathing than to kill your self. please don't do it. 

Very well said. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1