Is being poz as exciting once you get it?

Guest Humanurinal

My doctor was just telling me the Pandemic is under control due to people on meds as soon as they are diagnosed, and undetectable is untransmissible. He did not mention PrEP. The recent epidemic of teen chasing has the experts baffled. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 11:13 PM, slick&raw said:

Also, I doubt people’s sex drive is fully up and running when they’re sick, as in having AIDS. Sex drive is probably the first thing to shut down when the body’s battling sickness. What kink is left in being poz then?

i don't feel like having sex when i have the flu, how much more would i feel that way with AID's? 

• Upvote 1

The fantasy of HIV is extremely strong for me too, but I’m not sure I’m ready for the reality of it. I’ve been in therapy for quite some time now and a large topic of conversation over the past few months has been about this. My therapist is very sex positive and non judgmental. She was instrumental in my starting PrEP before I began barebacking. She maintains that it is my choice if I want to go off it, but is always quick to reiterate the, very real, negative aspects of contracting HIV. I may have a job that provides me with excellent insurance now, but who’s to say I’ll still have this job in 10 years. Circumstances change for everyone. The sex I’m having now is amazing, and I’m always wanting to push my boundaries and go further. Probably because I spent years in the closet and hating myself for being gay. When I told her I was visiting this site she felt it was good that I found somewhere to openly talk with others who shared what she calls my “HIV fetish,” but was adamant to impress upon me that this is in essence a fantasy site and I should treat it as such. I hope that you make the right decision for you. For me that is currently to stay on PrEP despite my urges to chase, but we all only have limited time on this earth and have to decide what we really want or need to be happy.

• Upvote 3

On 12/17/2018 at 7:24 PM, Humanurinal said:

He told me about all of the herpes viruses in the sores in the infections in the constantly being sick and it just sounded so miserable and he showed me all his sores and all the pills he was taking.

People say it's not the death sentence that used to be. There are no medications you can take to prevent you from getting it. 

Ok.  First off, given your sexual lifestyle, you probably already have Herpes.  Even if you don't realize it.  The fact you haven't ended up poz yet without trying is a miracle unless you just aren't having many partners or you're using condoms.  

I did not want to become poz, and I don't really understand the eroticism of HIV, but to each their own I'm not here to judge.  I got it from one of the first few people I ever barebacked with.  Before that I had been in a series of long term monogamous relationships.  

I'm undetectable now and while I don't always discuss status, I'd prefer if I'm with a poz guy that he be undetectable.  Not because I'm afraid of catching what I already have, but it tells me he at least cares about his health.  You can be a total faggot and still take care of your health, you know.  Being the faggot that  you are and serving men doesn't mean you have to sacrifice your own health.

I wasn't looking to get it.  It's a major regret.  So yeah, now I fuck without fear, but no, it wasn't worth it.  I haven't found it to be the brotherhood or support some pretend to, or may have actually found  It's caused a lot of rejection and emotional pain. 

Within the fantasy dichotomy of man versus faggot, a true man isn't getting fucked, ever.  So to me, the idea of serving "men" and getting pozzed by someone who likely took it in the ass (faggot) from someone else is something I can't quite reconcile.  The chances of a total top getting pozzed without taking any loads is low, though it is possible if he's chafed and fucking lots of whores.  Someone in these comments cited a case of this and I know someone IRL who is a total top who got it from just fucking every guy he could without hesitation.  I know that I got it from somebody who was verse (we never discussed it) when I was much more naive and only beginning to understand that I was a faggot like you.

Second.  There is PrEP that can keep you from getting it.  It's like 99% effective and I think the couple of outliers are such big cumdumps that they got HIV-2 or some rarer strain.  Not sure if that was a typo on your part or not.  The guy in the comments who said his dom raw top of 15 years or whatever is now poz.  Ok, well why isn't he taking meds?  Why would he not seek to become undetectable?  It usually only takes a few months.  Can't you just wait?  I was at 300k vl and became undetectable in like 3 months and I've remained that way for over 6 years now.  I occasionally get guys that ask me to poz them and I'm like dude, I'd have to literally go off meds to do so and why would I want to do that?

I don't mean to sound judgmental or anything, just giving my story.  Do what you feel you need to do, but just go into it realizing the life changing decision you are making.  It might sound hot now, but years down the road you might change your mind but that won't be an option.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MusclepigcunT

I've been poz for almost 18 years.  Trust me, it's not all fun and games. 

I threw caution out the window and with enhancements and fisting,  seroconverted within 2 years of barebacking.

Fortunately, there were plenty of meds, but when I was first diagnosed, I had resistance to many of the newer medications.  Some didn't work. I started to worry. My doctor placed me on meds with AZT, but that caused all kinds of gastrointestinal problems.  Not fun.  GI problems are already quite common among people with HIV.  Consider buying stock in Imodium.

Still, I took the meds.  Full blown AIDS isn't the fantasy some have made it out to be.  Before the meds started to work, I had terrible staph infections. And then there was shingles.  Trust me, guys were not lining up to have sex with me with a huge staph infection on my hand or a shingles rash on my back. I had no sexual desire at all. And that was with a CD4 count above 200.

Do you want to have sex when you're really sick?  Probably not. 

Then my doctors found something that worked that was easier on my body.  Problem solved? Not quite.  Now insurance (here in the US) is an issue. 

Increasingly, employers are moving employees to a "consumer driven" health insurance plan.  What does that mean?  High deductibles.  The insurance company wants you to shop around for the best deal.  In my case, I have to pay the first $5,000 a year before insurance pays completely. Goodbye trips to Palm Springs.

Think ADAP is the solution?  Think again.  There are lots of eligibility requirements and each state is different.  You have to negotiate your way through the bureaucracy.

Finding a new job or moving to a new city is tricky as well. If you find a new job, you have to have the discussion with HR prior to taking the job to discuss benefits but not set off red flags while having that conversation. Moving to a new city is fun as well, because one needs to establish a relationship with healthcare providers that are gay friendly and poz friendly.

Sex is tricky too.  I like to think that most guys are educated and accepting of my status, but that isn't always the case. I've been rejected in San Francisco.  Think about that. San Francisco!! You must ALWAYS disclose your status to your partners.  Not doing so can result in criminal charges in many jurisdictions.

Finally, travel is tricky.  I've literally traveled around the world several times.  Having airport security or customs open your bag of meds upon arrival can be uncomfortable in unenlightened places.

I'm not ashamed of being poz.  I'm proud of who I am and don't hide it at all.  My friends and family know that I'm poz and have been very accepting. I'm thriving and happy.  But, if you're fantasizing about it, keep it a fantasy.  Understand the issues with being poz.  It is manageable, but I constantly have to manage things. PrEP is a much easier, effective and manageable alternative.

Agreed. What passes for “health insurance” in the USA varies from State to State. Companies look for the cheapest plan, and to offer that, insurance companies make HIV meds high deductible. Companies renegotiate this every year so even if you find a job with “good insurance” that can change. If it doesn’t, once they know you need their insurance -and they will find out - you are their slave, the one they can make do any thing the other workers would quit over.  Yes you can eventually get ADAP to cover the meds, but they “take insurance first”. Translation: your work insurance for meds caps out by June and you need penicillin in August = No insurance left for the penicillin.  Kentucky is a Commonwealth and has better than average social services. But they let insurance companies call labs “hospital outpatient”. Most insurance covers $1,000. That’s one pull a year. After that you pay for ALL labs. The “hospital” will take payments, but count on $100 a month minimum. 

With HIV you will absolutely have less money, with vultures waiting to take it from you if you manage to make more. 

And you better not make more than the ADAP cutoff point, it shuts off like a switch. 

29 minutes ago, Pozlover1 said:

Agreed. What passes for “health insurance” in the USA varies from State to State. Companies look for the cheapest plan, and to offer that, insurance companies make HIV meds high deductible. Companies renegotiate this every year so even if you find a job with “good insurance” that can change. If it doesn’t, once they know you need their insurance -and they will find out - you are their slave, the one they can make do any thing the other workers would quit over.  Yes you can eventually get ADAP to cover the meds, but they “take insurance first”. Translation: your work insurance for meds caps out by June and you need penicillin in August = No insurance left for the penicillin.  Kentucky is a Commonwealth and has better than average social services. But they let insurance companies call labs “hospital outpatient”. Most insurance covers $1,000. That’s one pull a year. After that you pay for ALL labs. The “hospital” will take payments, but count on $100 a month minimum. 

With HIV you will absolutely have less money, with vultures waiting to take it from you if you manage to make more. 

And you better not make more than the ADAP cutoff point, it shuts off like a switch. 

and that is why I consider USA do be a uncivilised society amongst a few other areas, probably why USA is rapidly entering into terminal decline

I am lucky that in Scotland we have (although with very limited powers) a modern ,inclusive and progressive devolved governance which ensures FREE HEALTH CARE and MEDICINE

health care IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT

21 minutes ago, beanna said:

and that is why I consider USA do be a uncivilised society amongst a few other areas, probably why USA is rapidly entering into terminal decline

I am lucky that in Scotland we have (although with very limited powers) a modern ,inclusive and progressive devolved governance which ensures FREE HEALTH CARE and MEDICINE

health care IS A BASIC HUMAN RIGHT

Our system pays everything for people who refuse to work, and punishes people who work. It blocks the real go-getters that want to venture off the cliff and start their own business. 

The crap insurance offered by crap companies gives them a competitive  edge selling their goods or services.

all of this incentivizes society downward.

Combine this with schools that teach no usable skills and politicians sold like a product (which they are) and it’s like being on a runaway train. 

The thin sliver of hope I see involves the strenghening of our individual States into being way more like small countries. You know because of a loophole regarding issuing bonds, States can issue Cryptocurrency? 

Edited by Pozlover1
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pozlover1 said:

Our system pays everything for people who refuse to work, and punishes people who work. It blocks the real go-getters that want to venture off the cliff and start their own business. 

The crap insurance offered by crap companies gives them a competitive  edge selling their goods or services.

all of this incentivizes society downward.

Combine this with schools that teach no usable skills and politicians sold like a product (which they are) and it’s like being on a runaway train. 

The thin sliver of hope I see involves the strenghening of our individual States into being way more like small countries. You know because of a loophole regarding issuing bonds, States can issue Cryptocurrency? 

in order for a country to succeed in todays world there has to be a contract between government and its citizens  one that has responsibility at its heart,however I retain the right to become hiv poz,much the same as the rights mountaineers have.i.e.if they get in trouble the state recues free of charge

1 hour ago, beanna said:

in order for a country to succeed in todays world there has to be a contract between government and its citizens  one that has responsibility at its heart,however I retain the right to become hiv poz,much the same as the rights mountaineers have.i.e.if they get in trouble the state recues free of charge

You can be charged with a crime if you go when they tell you not to. My personal bugaboo is dumbasses having kids they cannot afford. That ceases to be their right. Same with HIV logically. Hasn’t happened yet but it could. Unfortunately a byproduct of Government health care is they can limit unhealthy food, and require insurance to carry a firearm. There are currently reasonable plans for the latter, but it has to be a self defense event, not a negligent discharge. 

3 hours ago, Pozlover1 said:

You can be charged with a crime if you go when they tell you not to. My personal bugaboo is dumbasses having kids they cannot afford. That ceases to be their right. Same with HIV logically. Hasn’t happened yet but it could. Unfortunately a byproduct of Government health care is they can limit unhealthy food, and require insurance to carry a firearm. There are currently reasonable insurance plans available for the latter, but it has to be a self defense event to becovered,  not a negligent discharge. 

Good to see this thread revived.  For over 2 years I chased, with no luck.  I recently met the man that I love, and he has moved in with me.  We both love BB and fun with others.  He has no idea that I was chasing, but at some point in the relationship, I will likely fess up to it.  Now is not the right time though.  As of now, the chase is over, and as before, if it happens, it happens.  As several have posted, the cost of meds, and the illness that come with HIV are big deterrents. I guess I really didn't worry about them before.  I just wanted to get knocked up, and share my gift with someone.  So for me, now the chase just isn't worth it.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1