Bad luck or high infection rate in my area?

This year I finally made my bareback cumdump debut. I started PrEP, stayed on my regiment, got tested regularly, everything. Although I've only had a handful of piggy adventures, without fail, each time, I tested positive for gonorrhea. Obviously as far as infections go the clap isn't the end of the world, and I fully understood the risks when setting out on this road ass first. However the fact that me going out to indulge my piggy side just about guarantees medical intervention after the fact is making me consider going back to condoms.

Being able to lube up and let a horny guy's hard cock slide right into my ass is an incredible feeling, not to mention being able to truly experience taking loads. It's making me hard just typing it out. But after having to bring my head back down to earth to mentally schedule a testing date after the fact makes it exceptionally difficult to relish and enjoy the moment. Maybe it's the venues I visit? Maybe my area just has a high infection rate right now? Or maybe I'm just unlucky. Regardless, this has prevented me from getting out there more and embracing my cumslut impulses.

(Point of clarification: I'm utterly uninterested in bug chasing, and don't believe it's right to deceive or mislead partners about my status. If I go out to play it's with the knowledge that, at least at the outset, I won't be passing anything on beyond a good time and the fulfillment of release. Though given the circumstances of what I've described I've probably contributed to the spread of infections, something I'm extraordinarily not happy about.)

• Upvote 4

Did you inform those you had sex with that you were diagnosed with Gono?  I do when I’ve been diagnosed with an STI. If you do approach it simply as a piece of information they ought to know, and not as an accusation, after all, there’s no guarantee they have it or they were the one who gave it to you. If they don’t know they have it, they may appreciate the information ( I’ve had asymptomatic STIs in the past) if they are intentionally spreading it, there’s not much you can do to change their behavior, but you can avoid them. 

• Upvote 2

• Moderators

More likely there is someone (maybe a few) in your extended circle of sexual contacts that is not getting treated or not following through on the full course of treatment. @ericbttmffx pointed out some reasons this could be happening. Guys willing to bareback with strangers is a small group within the MSM community, and it tends to be very interconnected. It only takes a couple of guys unaware or unconcerned about being ill to keep reinfecting everyone. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ericbttmffx said:

Did you inform those you had sex with that you were diagnosed with Gono?  I do when I’ve been diagnosed with an STI. If you do approach it simply as a piece of information they ought to know, and not as an accusation, after all, there’s no guarantee they have it or they were the one who gave it to you. If they don’t know they have it, they may appreciate the information ( I’ve had asymptomatic STIs in the past) if they are intentionally spreading it, there’s not much you can do to change their behavior, but you can avoid them. 

For those I have contact info for, yes, I've absolutely reached out to them. But most of my outings have been at a club or bath in my area, and there wasn't much info exchanging after the fact. To my knowledge I haven't had too many repeat encounters. When I have been able to reach out I approach it like you outlined: as a heads up not as a finger pointing blame game, the latter doesn't help anyone.

4 hours ago, drscorpio said:

More likely there is someone (maybe a few) in your extended circle of sexual contacts that is not getting treated or not following through on the full course of treatment. @ericbttmffx pointed out some reasons this could be happening. Guys willing to bareback with strangers is a small group within the MSM community, and it tends to be very interconnected. It only takes a couple of guys unaware or unconcerned about being ill to keep reinfecting everyone. 

I live in a rather densely populated metropolitan area, so my pool of contacts is larger. That's why I was thinking my area might be a high infection rate zone, or at least higher than reported. In any event changing my choice of venue might be a solution, but I really enjoy the atmosphere clubs and baths offer.

Honestly it just sounds like your area. Some places are also terrible about sexual health services, like most southern states in the US. Additionally people in certain areas are just very lax about getting tested and treated. Another thing is some people are just more susceptible to infections, you may be one of them.  Further compounding both of those things is that certain sti’s are often asymptotic, the people may have no clue they have an infection. With all that said the baths in general are a very easy place to pick up sti’s. Unfortunately I don’t have much advice for you if you want to keep going there other than keep up with regular checkups and get everything treated ASAP. 

Guest BBBoyfromTN

It's probably your area. Daytona Beach used to have a reputation for STD transmission, not sure if that's the case now or not. But think about it, lots of people coming for anonymous sex at spring break and other things, plus apparently sex ed for the HS kids there is terrible and a lot of them are responsible for spreading it. ATL, where I used to live, was pretty bad for STD's too. The underage sex trafficking there is pretty bad, combine that with the DL culture, other ethnic groups that aren't given to using condoms at all, nearby military base (in Columbus) and those guys rarely ever use condoms, shitty sex ed...mix it all together and you get a combination that ads up to a problem with STDs. There is a good treatment program for STDs in ATL and they've gotten better at getting Prep out there for at-risk teens, but STDs are still an issue in ATL. 

• 5 months later...
Guest CuriousDallas
On 12/22/2018 at 7:43 AM, Guest BBBoyfromTN said:

It's probably your area. Daytona Beach used to have a reputation for STD transmission, not sure if that's the case now or not. But think about it, lots of people coming for anonymous sex at spring break and other things, plus apparently sex ed for the HS kids there is terrible and a lot of them are responsible for spreading it. ATL, where I used to live, was pretty bad for STD's too. The underage sex trafficking there is pretty bad, combine that with the DL culture, other ethnic groups that aren't given to using condoms at all, nearby military base (in Columbus) and those guys rarely ever use condoms, shitty sex ed...mix it all together and you get a combination that ads up to a problem with STDs. There is a good treatment program for STDs in ATL and they've gotten better at getting Prep out there for at-risk teens, but STDs are still an issue in ATL. 

Grew up by Fort Hood and can attest to military guys hooking up with younger cause I was one of them and Elyea, they pretty much all barebacked. Never got an STD though. Spring break...different story!