What's worse... HIV or an STD?

Hey guys... The title of this thread might sound crazy, but I've been thinking about this for a long time and I really don't think it is.

First of all, I have no intentions to get poz, I am not into that. Also, I'm a Dom top and I like fucking way too much, I do it on a regular. Having said that, I've been reading many threads on this site and on many of them I've found basically two extremes: real cumdumps looking for poz breeds on the one side, and people worried about getting HIV on the other. But I never really read anyone being truly worried about getting STDs. I know that you can "control" most of them with pills or vaccines, but I can't believe that almost anyone complaints about the awful effects on your health and, most importantly, the days or even weeks that the symptoms don't allow you to fuck until they are all cured.

If instead you get poz, you can follow a treatment and that's it, you can keep fucking. Of course there's still social stygma and taking pills for whatever reason is a drag, and it might be expensive for some, but you.can.still.fuck.

But I fucking hate STDs.

What are your thoughts on this?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If we're contrasting HIV to other potentially life-ending medical conditions, the state of medicine is such that HIV is less fatal. Contrasted (say) to pancreatic cancer, a disease that even now has a five-year survival rate of only 7%, HIV is particularly tractable.

That said, HIV is still an incurable disease. It might be curable if you're willing to follow the route of the Berlin Patient and get a bone marrow transplant from someone immune to HIV, assuming that you're willing to risk an expensive and lengthy medical procedure that has a double-digit percentage of ending in fatality and that you can find a medical team that would do that. If you cannot, you will be faced with managing a disease that is almost always lethal without treatment. Especially in countries where patients need to bear the cost of medication themselves, even in part, you will have major cost. More, there is also the issue of stigma, something that I have heard is a major issue indeed for my HIV-positive friends. Certainly being HIV-positive carries more stigma than, say, having a relatively treatable and minor disease like syphillis.

Guest LutonBottom

I kind of get where you’re coming from. With access to meds, hiv is controllable and, aside from the sadly-still-around stigma, seems to have a smaller impact on guys contracting it now than, say, genital warts, herpes, or gono (which is getting closer to being incurable too by the way).

Whilst STIs are generally shorter-term impact, I still find them more of a turn off/perceived threat than hiv. 

Perhaps this is a result of this board and other places like it ‘normalising’ hiv infections and even bugchasing...

Guest nelly26

Idk, people are not angels and it should be assumed that most people that are diagnosed with any STD regardless of whether they get treatment for it, will continue to fuck during the window timeframe when the doctor tells them not to engage in sexual activities. 

IMVHO You should do all the best to make sure you minimize the chances to catch a stds, so You can focus on having fun, get tested regularly to make sure that if something happens, you react and cure it as soon as possible, as fast as possible. I'd like to share my message from another thread:

- HPV-9 vaccination;

- Hepatitis A + B vaccination;

- To reduce Hep C try to follow NoMoreC guidlines ;

- Quadrivalent anti-flu vaccination at the beginning of november every year (yes, not really STDS related, I know :P);

- Flush your mouth with this before fun to reduce gonorrhea risk;

- PREP everyday;

- Use a lot of lube;

- Avoid washing too aggressively and always uses a nourishing cream in order to keep the skin soft and elastic, thus reducing the risk of micro-cracks;

- Take a supplement with probiotics and prebiotics together like this ;

And You got a really good protection against the most severe MST.

Have fun!

• Like 2

Always wanted HIV coz growing up I knew it was something gay men had. Today, got the lot! HIV and most STDs, and hopefully picked up Hep C this weekend too! 

The worse for me is not having anything! But if I had to pick one the worse is STDs!   HIV is fucking me up for good, my Grindr and Scruff tribes are poz, plus its the big one (I wanted), STDs are fixed and gone!

STDs are the worse, HIV is the best!  Had HIV since August this year, and it's been great!  sex with my fellow poz pigs is fucking sleazy as fuck!  the poz status means you can bareback worry free (I proudly fucked raw since my first fuck), being poz has given me freedom to enjoy sex without fear of the big HIV, used to fear it so much but now I'm poz it's given me freedom!  And the best thing since getting HIV is my sex drive, I'm going to saunas every day, HnH chill outs on weekends, sex in public places, I basically think about sex every fucking minute of the day now.

I've changed into a proud sleazy poz pig with no regrets

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Veytoss said:

@LndpozboiYou can do exactly the same things, if not more, if you're healty, take vaccinations and PrEP.

So, I ask it once again: How will your life improve once you became poz or you catch other stds?

yeh my answer still stands, my life has improved from HIV, STDs life stays the same.

In terms of prep, I was shown to fuck bareback, from 16 I knew HIV would happen, the idea of a condom inside of me instead of the skin and cum I felt already, I stuck to barebacking, knowing HIV was on the cards.  Prep, I heard about but didn't look into it.   I know people think its a fucked up choice, but like I said before, at a young age HIV on the TV was talked about with gay men. So when the guy told me bareback is better but I could get HIV, obvs went for bareback. As the years went on, started on the chemsex scene and prep came out. Chems obvs way better than prep, had massive blow outs this summer, started fetishising HIV and being poz. Then I tried injecting meth, and that was the best chem I tried while on the scene, instantly bent over and told the room to pound some HIV in my cunt. Did the same every weekend for a month, then got the fuck flu where HIV coverts your body with its virus, then BOOM, was diagnosed poz.  4 months on and today I have no regrets.  The first injection of meth pushed me into a sleazy, dirty headspace where I can chase HIV down. Still injecting meth with big sex sessions, 

Never done the healthy options in life, barebacking and HIV clearly won for me. Had my HIV 4 months now, full list below, but basically I enjoy sex more as a poz gay man, than a neg.

35 minutes ago, Lndpozboi said:

HIV is the best!  Had HIV since August this year, and it's been great!  sex with my fellow poz pigs is fucking sleazy as fuck!  the poz status means you can bareback worry free (I proudly fucked raw since my first fuck), being poz has given me freedom to enjoy sex without fear of the big HIV, used to fear it so much but now I'm poz it's given me freedom!  And the best thing since getting HIV is my sex drive, I'm going to saunas every day, HnH chill outs on weekends, sex in public places, I basically think about sex every fucking minute of the day now.

I've changed into a proud sleazy poz pig with no regrets

I know everybody is entitled to their opinion and feel whatever they want but what a fucking stupid response, @Lndpozboi. It doesn't even make sense. If you were overtly scared about HIV, then you should have learned more about it to understand it and take action. You basically sound like a moth scared shitless flying straight to the flame.

Besides, and no pun intended, there's absolutely nothing positive about your message. Of what "freedom" are you talking about? I do understand that not having to think about people's HIV status and being able to have sleazy sex sounds amazing but reality is very different. Do not sell a marvelous story of continous hot sex sessions when in fact by getting STDs you basically cannot do shit. And if you guys do have sex with smelly, bloody infections then you're all fucked up in the head.

And do not even get me started on drugs..... Do we really need to say that drugs are heavy stuff and that many lives are ruined by them? The fuck,

Now if you have a shitty life or depression or are going through a terrible time and you want to escape through sex as a coping measure, I might get that. But do not talk about it as a perfectly valid option when in fact it is an autodestructive behaviour that has nothing to do with a mature, adult sexual decision.

I say all this in a bareback forum. And I say it because I've never read it before. Some of you guys actually make barebacking a sordid experience, when in fact we should be working to make it common and enjoyable for most.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2