PrEP and Sex Drive

pupCakes

I doubt it's the actual drug, but the high risk phase you're entering has you all horned up.  I was on tried and "proven" Truvada for about 2.5 years when I decided to be part of a clinical trial for a new prep drug.  I had been vers but topping more due to supply and demand, but when I started the study I pretty much turned into a cumdump taking multiple loads at the bathhouse and sex club and private parties for the first 6 months.  The rush of not knowing about the new drug put my sex drive through the roof, and I wanted to "put it to the test".  Even though I'm not a chaser, the risk of not knowing about the new drug was hot as fuck.  I had never bottomed like I did during that initial possibly risky phase, and I fucking loved it.  The new drug is Descovy and proving to be just as effective but less side effects (bone density, kidneys), so it turns out I wasn't at much risk, but I totally surprised myself how much of a cumdump bottom I became when the potential risk started.  I swung back to being fully vers, and I'm glad since I don't wanna give up breeding hot muscle sluts like you pupcakes!! :)  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 6

Guest GoneFishing
13 minutes ago, justsexnowatl said:

I doubt it's the actual drug, but the high risk phase you're entering has you all horned up.  I was on tried and "proven" Truvada for about 2.5 years when I decided to be part of a clinical trial for a new prep drug.  I had been vers but topping more due to supply and demand, but when I started the study I pretty much turned into a cumdump taking multiple loads at the bathhouse and sex club and private parties for the first 6 months.  The rush of not knowing about the new drug put my sex drive through the roof, and I wanted to "put it to the test".  Even though I'm not a chaser, the risk of not knowing about the new drug was hot as fuck.  I had never bottomed like I did during that initial possibly risky phase, and I fucking loved it.  The new drug is Descovy and proving to be just as effective but less side effects (bone density, kidneys), so it turns out I wasn't at much risk, but I totally surprised myself how much of a cumdump bottom I became when the potential risk started.  I swung back to being fully vers, and I'm glad since I don't wanna give up breeding hot muscle sluts like you pupcakes!! :)  

Right ☣️N!  Never waste half a man being a total anything.  Tee hee 

Guest Memphian

I think the other posters are onto something.  I've been a lot hornier for loads since I stopped PrEP in early November.  The risk is definitely a turn on.  I've never read that there is anything about the pharmacological properties of PrEP that would affect libido.

Agreed--life without PrEP or condoms is a total aphrodisiac! Since I went off prep in October, it seems I have more kinds of sex, more often, with more types of men. Twinks and otters hit me up more to play daddy and I get into more piss play. Is just because I'm living my "best, bad boy life"? Is there a psychologically-driven testosterone boost? Don't know, but I'm loving it!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

hello pupcakes,

it was the same for me. Two years ago I went on PrEP and my sexdrive got very low. I expected it to blast when I could finally take all loads.

It took some time for me to adjust to the new situation. I thought of it as some sort of self protection. I had learned for years only to trust condoms. So I took some small steps like letting me fuck bare but pulling the top out before he came. And with every test that was negative I got more and more confidential about the PrEP.

Today I take anonymous loads in bathhouses  - full programm. Even with Gonorrhoe and Chlamydia. ?

But it took some time to learn to trust. Don't force yourself. Your sex drive will come back.

So it is not always the missing thrill of a potential infection that lowers the mojo. BTW: If that would be the reason, then your sex drive would also lower after reaching that "goal".

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Guest Cumlaut

I've been less horny since Ive been using prep.

Despite posting here about poz fantasies ive been using it since january, but i struggle to get aroused in saunas now.

Im  not sure if its PIED...... or the thought of getting HIV was driving my hardon before.

Edited by Cumlaut

I recently started PEP two weeks ago. I haven't had anal sex even once since and have only been blown twice. That's a HUGE drop in the amount of sex I'm having. I don't know if my libido dropped because I feel guilty about the dirty sex that got me on PEP or if it's the PEP itself. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Footprints

I can relate. My sex drive on prep is not low per se, but definitely get significantly higher after I stopped prep. I guess it's the risk and thrill that boost my sex drive!

Guest PhillyBBGuy
3 hours ago, hunjng said:

I can relate. My sex drive on prep is not low per se, but definitely get significantly higher after I stopped prep. I guess it's the risk and thrill that boost my sex drive!

The risk really puts the edge to sex, when poz cum is involved.