PrEP and Sex Drive

pupCakes

4 hours ago, Hintyt said:

It’s widely reported that sex lives steeply decline after starting prep.   

This is curious to me. PreP is supposed to protect us from getting HIV so we can be big sluts. But how can we be big sluts without a sex drive? What's the point? It's like chemically induced abstinence. I never needed PreP to have a low sex drive - it dropped off while my husband was still alive.

It reminds me of a Looney Tunes cartoon in which someone starving had a can but no can opener. Then they had the can opener and the box of cans had floated out to sea. Can't meet the need without BOTH of the ingredients in the same place.

My sex drive rose a lot after starting PrEP as I was freed (to a degree) from previous fears that (mostly) stopped me from slutting around. With PrEP I'm much hornier. 

So I agree with the others, I think it's all psychological and depends on what aspect of the risk was turning you on.

2 hours ago, leatherpunk16 said:

This is curious to me. PreP is supposed to protect us from getting HIV so we can be big sluts. But how can we be big sluts without a sex drive? What's the point? It's like chemically induced abstinence. I never needed PreP to have a low sex drive - it dropped off while my husband was still alive.

It reminds me of a Looney Tunes cartoon in which someone starving had a can but no can opener. Then they had the can opener and the box of cans had floated out to sea. Can't meet the need without BOTH of the ingredients in the same place.

I said sex life, not sex drive.  

20 minutes ago, leatherpunk16 said:

Indeed you did, but what is one without the other?

While prep may be effective in HIV prevention, it won’t necessarily help you get fucked more often.

• Like 2

See I’m just the opposite! I’ve been on PrEP for a month now and I’m getting my ass fucked nearly everyday at local cruising spots...some guys wanna wrap their dicks up, but I’m more into the throbbing feeling of a cock nutting in me than wasting it on my ass, chest or the ground. It’s a thirst that hasn’t been quenched!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 1

11 hours ago, Hintyt said:

My sex drive and my sex life both went through the roof when I first got on Prep.  It didn't happen instantly, but I definitely became the classic TruvadaWhore.  I was already a total barebacker, but I turned into a total vers slut at sex parties, bathhouse, sexclub and got the stds to prove it lol.  I joined this site not too long after that and it got even "better".  I don't consider myself a sex addict since I can dial it back when I want/need to, but I was having sex usually 4-6 times a week (often groups) and was getting a little concerned about addiction.  The more you say "Yes" to guys, the more likely they come back for repeats, and I was saying yes all the time.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Hintyt said:

Definately not my own experience

more sex

more partners

more variety

more anonymous sex

more fuckBuddy sex

more party sex

more sex events 

pretty much exclusively bb since I started prep 

only things to slow me down are a little bit of overdoing it (doctor refers to the cause as a.g.e. - damn it)l, I figure I need more practice... 😈)

and fucking - or should that be no-fucking - covid

really missing hardon, SBN, cumunion, and so much more

• Upvote 2
  • Piggy 1

I found that PrEP enhanced my sex drive. Before going on PrEP I had started intermittently barebacking, usually in response to a hookup’s preference or in heat of the moment, but I’d still carry condoms and was still in a condom mindset so didn’t get the full benefit of barebacking i.e. wasn’t spontaneous and stressed out over the raw sex (asking guys to pull out before cumming etc.). After PrEP I fully relaxed over the skin on skin and really enjoyed it. It’s undoubtedly liberated my sex life and, in addition to an increase in sex, all raw, over the 3 or 4 years on PrEP I’ve tried many things for the first time (orgies, sex parties, fisting, videoing sex, hookup apps, sex club, blindfolded anonymous sex). There’s no strict connection with PrEP but for me anyway it was my connection into a more varied sex life.

• Upvote 2

Guest ff-whole
On 8/4/2020 at 5:16 PM, TheMoreTheMerrier said:

My sex drive rose a lot after starting PrEP as I was freed (to a degree) from previous fears that (mostly) stopped me from slutting around. With PrEP I'm much hornier. 

So I agree with the others, I think it's all psychological and depends on what aspect of the risk was turning you on.

Kind of agree with above poster... I recently received my Prep again and I was so horny to be able to get all in Cumpig Slut again and the last week has been great... taking all loads and even crossing some bucket-list items of that list... in a couple of hours I go again to Amsterdams' NZ Sauna and again hope to get used in all holes and receive a lot of loads...
But I know myself... once I run out of Prep, I'll still be extremely horny to the point I get less and less inhibited and fearless to take all loads...

On 8/4/2020 at 9:19 AM, leatherpunk16 said:

Actually prep was created as a prophylactic for sero discordant couples not to be a slut lol. Sluts just opportunized on it. 

Knowledge is power.

Keep on slutting

• Like 2
  • Haha 1